• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Christian Eriksen

His stats put him a little bit ahead of others, whereas his talent should have him a long way ahead, his numbers are 50% of what they should be imo.

It’s not fair to call him a flat track bully, we only have 4/5 “flat track” games a season, he normally plays well in half of them, its the unpredictability of his execution in the easy games which frustrates.

Sense at last, i despair about our supporters who question just how good this guy is.

skysports-christian-eriksen_4688155.jpg

I for one am not questioning his ability, my concern is that it seems he does not want to be here right now

He's been running the show in all our good games against City in recent years, he was bloody good at Juventus away, was fantastic in both games vs Real Madrid. I could go on all day. He's a fantastic player, and like every player, he has the occasional off game.

Where was Messi at Liverpool? He ran the show one week earlier.

Of course he has but it looks like he has upset a few fans because he wants to go and win trophys elsewhere. Football fans are the same the world over they are like a woman scorned at times.

Yeah, but where are the stats for corners hitting the first man, winning towering headers and ending careers with crunching tackles?
Blimey, don't want much do you! Why does he need to be outstanding at everything?

How many players can you name that not only tick every box but also excel at them?

I feel sorry for them if they can not appreciate a top player doing what he is best at. But Stop! Hammer time.

Ozil will be a close 2nd to Eriksen in all the creative stats posted in that image and we all know that Arsenal awould be well shot of him this summer if anyone is stupid enough to tske him off their hands.

It's an extreme example i suppose but i think it shows that a player can be World Class in a certain area of play whilst not telling the overall picture of the players game (Which was the point of my initial response)

I feel sorry for them if they can not appreciate a top player doing what he is best at. But Stop! Hammer time.
This is what saddens me most. Echoes of how GHoddle was grotesquely underappreciated by England. Rolls Royce in midfield but deemed useless by philistines who moaned he did not chase back enough or maim opponents in the tackle.

Although I didn't think it would turn out that way he has always said he wouldn't like to stay in one place too long so we can't begrudge him moving.
It's a pity and annoying if he runs his contract down and leaves for nothing, but what can we do.
He needs to think carefully about his next club, I don't see him being a success at RM or man utd.

Back