• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Christian Eriksen

Given that, as I said, the season isnt even finished for our targets - do you not think thats a bit much?

Come mid-July and people get antsy - I understand.

Now? Seems more like people just looking for things to tinkle and moan about.

Given how last summer went, You can understand why?

Players are back in pre-season shortly and the manager has said a number of times he wants the players in by then.

Mid July for me. If nothing has happened in terms of incomings by that point then I will be resigned to the fact that nothing has changed at Spurs in terms of our recruitment policy, where it seems Levy always has to sell a player from the existing squad before he buys a new one.

Considering that we are effectively a whole year behind in terms of recruitment due to our inactivity last summer, this is the most important transfer window we have had for a long while.

Given how last summer went, You can understand why?

Players are back in pre-season shortly and the manager has said a number of times he wants the players in by then.

Not really. This is a new summer, with a different set of circumstances to it.

Its like saying it rained last friday so Im going to worry about rain this afternoon.

Of course the manager wants players in ASAP, its only natural - for any manager.

That is not always the case though, and as ever transfers just arent as simple as "Pay the money FFS" like people seem to think.

Take N'Dombele - his chairman has put a very high price tag on him and is doing his level best to drum up interest from around Europe. Its not as simple as "just get him in". Unless of course you want us to get bent over and blow our budget on one player.

Not really. This is a new summer, with a different set of circumstances to it.

Its like saying it rained last friday so Im going to worry about rain this afternoon.

Of course the manager wants players in ASAP, its only natural - for any manager.

That is not always the case though, and as ever transfers just arent as simple as "Pay the money FFS" like people seem to think.

Take N'Dombele - his chairman has put a very high price tag on him and is doing his level best to drum up interest from around Europe. Its not as simple as "just get him in". Unless of course you want us to get bent over and blow our budget on one player.
How about if there has been torrential rain for the first week of April for 10 years in a row and as you're getting to the end of March storm clouds are gathering.... Would you be making sure you had your umbrella?

Reactions: DTA
Lets be honest we arent going to get all our targets in early, we dont have the clout to do so - dont blame Levy for this whatsoever, all this 'just sign them up FFS' just highlights the lack of understanding behind running a club like Spurs, its a pretty niche setup. The best we can hope for is that we do sign the majority of Poch's primary targets, whenever that may be during the window....

Lets be honest we arent going to get all our targets in early, we dont have the clout to do so - dont blame Levy for this whatsoever, all this 'just sign them up FFS' just highlights the lack of understanding behind running a club like Spurs, its a pretty niche setup. The best we can hope for is that we do sign the majority of Poch's primary targets, whenever that may be during the window....

I can see why people may be perceived as being a bit impatient, then again after no signings in a season and a half I get why people are getting worried. Having said that what you have said above makes sense and I accept we don’t have the clout of the likes of Emirates Marketing Project, Liverpool, Bayern, Barca etc to get deals done as early as we would like. I’d settle for for the big targets like Ndomebele being done in the next few weeks and having to wait a bit longer for some others. I do worry though that the longer we wait the greater the chance that a bigger fish will steal our targets from under our noses.

What I don’t accept is that international tournaments such as world cups for example or the copa America should stop us from signing players. This is not a unique situation to Tottenham, there’s a World Cup/euros/ACN/copa America practically every summer and they affect every club and it doesn’t stop them signing players. I just don’t buy it when people say “the season hasn’t finished for some players” or “he’s on holiday” etc. Or we have to wait for the clubs above us to sign their targets before we go for ours.

Last edited:
Last year, despite the weather history from the previous years, I thought that perhaps the sun had just popped behind some clouds so left the umbrella at home.... I got fcuking soaked!

I get it, fool me once... and that. I do understand that people are getting nervy and I understand why - I just think a little perspective goes a long way.

And I think, if people are honest, they would realise right now is really early to be gearing up for a tantrum on transfers.

I can see why people may be perceived as being a bit impatient, then again after no signings in a season and a half I get why people are getting worried. Having said that what you have said above makes sense and I accept we don’t have the clout of the likes of Emirates Marketing Project, Liverpool, Bayern, Barca etc to get deals done as early as we would like. I’d settle for for the big targets like Ndomebele being done in the next few weeks and having to wait a bit longer for some others. I do worry though that the longer we wait the greater the chance that a bigger fish will steal our targets from under our noses.

What I don’t accept is that international tournaments such as world cups for example or the copa America should stop us from signing players. This is not a unique situation to Tottenham, there’s a World Cup/euros/ACN/copa America practically every summer and they affect every club and it doesn’t stop them signing players. I just don’t buy it when people say “the season hasn’t finished for some players” or “he’s on holiday” etc. Or we have to wait for the clubs above us to sign their targets before we go for ours.

Who has anyone signed recently who was playing in a tournament?

I get it, fool me once... and that. I do understand that people are getting nervy and I understand why - I just think a little perspective goes a long way.

And I think, if people are honest, they would realise right now is really early to be gearing up for a tantrum on transfers.
I don't expect us to have all of our transfers in by mid July. I don't even expect us to have half of our transfers in by then. However I would hope that we will have landed at least one of our targets by then. If we haven't then I fear that Pochettino will decide that he doesn't fancy continuing with his fight against the heavyweights with one hand tied behind his back.

My biggest hope for this summer is that Levy changes his stance and actually allows us to sign a new player prior to us moving players out.

I’m not talking about specific players but people cited the World Cup as a reason why we didn’t sign anyone last summer, or at least why we hadn’t signed anyone by x date.

Which is hardly uncommon. Players away with their squads focusing on a tournament dont often take time to travel for a medical, negotiate a deal, sign, do press etc.

As often as not the Agents and chairman are doing the deals on the players behalf to be agreed once the player is available.

As Bedfordspurs points out - how often are players signing deals while on international commitments?

I don't expect us to have all of our transfers in by mid July. I don't even expect us to have half of our transfers in by then. However I would hope that we will have landed at least one of our targets by then. If we haven't then I fear that Pochettino will decide that he doesn't fancy continuing with his fight against the heavyweights with one hand tied behind his back.

My biggest hope for this summer is that Levy changes his stance and actually allows us to sign a new player prior to us moving players out.

Personally I would absolutely love to have all our deals done by the weekend. With players settled and ready to go when pre season gets going.
I check the sports pages every morning with my fingers crossed to see "XXX player signed".

I also keep in mind its early days, and so temper my disappointment when (so far) these things havent happened.

Like you - Ive got weeks worth of patience before its going to start to bother me.

Levy? Im not sure its true he sells before he buys. Even now, all press is about him being in active negotiation for purchases. I feel he gets a bad rep which is quite undeserved.

I dont think anyone is getting into a tantrum?

I hope we understand the need for a good pre season and that includes new players too

Sent from my SM-T819Y using glory-glory.co.uk mobile app
I don’t think anyone at the club understands the need for a good pre-season in any way shape or form. I expect them to carry on playing mini-golf and riding on unicorn floaties in the warm pool. With Jack Grealish. Poch got a new jet ski and a pair of speedos from D Levy, so he’s satisfied.

Back