• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Christian Eriksen

Why will it take a couple of seasons do you think? What income stream will be there in year 3 that isn't there immediately?

Sorry about the delay in replying to this( been away), to be honest i have no idea how long it will take but i would imagine there may be immediate costs to moving in, just guess work really but i can not imagine it would be a immediate gain.

Sorry about the delay in replying to this( been away), to be honest i have no idea how long it will take but i would imagine there may be immediate costs to moving in, just guess work really but i can not imagine it would be a immediate gain.
By costs to moving in - do you mean the final costs of the construction (i.e. internal fit out, getting the pitch sorted, etc). If so then I would've thought these would just be lumped in with the rest of the stadium in terms of the cost of the overall package. Most of the stories seem to suggest us going into the stadium with a debt of between 300 and 400 million. Even if we take the higher figure of the two and assume punitively high borrowing costs of 7% then that would still only be 28 million per year to service that debt. So the question is therefore whether the new stadium will generate more than 28 million a year of additional revenue? I would've thought the new stadium will give us somewhere between 80 and 100 million more per annum than White Hart Lane did, with the revenues starting to land in year 1 (sponsorship, corporate, season ticket revenue). Granted the revenue could go up further if for example the stadium gains more NFL games and it is also possible that Spurs look to use the first two of three years of additional revenue to pay down the debt and become debt free as soon as possible, but I would envisage the club opting for a mixture of paying off some of the capital while also strengthening the squad and upping the wage bill.

When you say service debt - is that just to cover the interest or will that be reducing the figure owed also?

When you say service debt - is that just to cover the interest or will that be reducing the figure owed also?

On the example above your post that was pretty much interest only

I’d say we would be looking at the naming rights covering the interest and any gain in turnover from the covering capital

Arsenal turnover 50m more than us in ground receipts so that’s the target although I don’t wanna be paying their ticket prices

If there is one thing that doesn't concern me about Levy is managing money. Our debt will be very manageable and we aren't betting on anything variable like real estate (which affected the Scum IIRC)

What we have done is create multiple ways of increasing our revenue stream, regular seats, corporate faculties (very important in overall revenue, and was something WHL was apparently behind others badly in), Naming rights, NFL deal, other entertainment events.

Back to Eriksen, give him a raise and extension, summer we really need to look at cover, to much risk to our team game in one player.

On the example above your post that was pretty much interest only

I’d say we would be looking at the naming rights covering the interest and any gain in turnover from the covering capital

Arsenal turnover 50m more than us in ground receipts so that’s the target although I don’t wanna be paying their ticket prices
Unfortunately I think we will be though mate. In saying that it is worth remembering that Arsenal get up to 7 Cup games free with their STs, that also includes CL games (well back when they used to qualify for it anyway) so in some cases our tickets at WHL were already more expensive than those at Arsenal.

Unfortunately I think we will be though mate. In saying that it is worth remembering that Arsenal get up to 7 Cup games free with their STs, that also includes CL games (well back when they used to qualify for it anyway) so in some cases our tickets at WHL were already more expensive than those at Arsenal.

When you look at a game per ticket cost maybe but their cheapest was always £500 more than ours

We as fans get screwed regardless

When you look at a game per ticket cost maybe but their cheapest was always £500 more than ours

We as fans get screwed regardless

Supply and demand mate, supply and demand. As i have said before i do not believe i get screwed at all, without going into the same argument that has been done to death i feel i get value for money compered to spending stupid money on " expensive eurodance records" "etc.etc.

Supply and demand mate, supply and demand. As i have said before i do not believe i get screwed at all, without going into the same argument that has been done to death i feel i get value for money compered to spending stupid money on " expensive eurodance records" "etc.etc.

It’s not supply and demand as you can’t control the choice but I get where your coming from

I wouldn’t call it value for money but we do get better than some clubs

It’s not supply and demand as you can’t control the choice but I get where your coming from

I wouldn’t call it value for money but we do get better than some clubs

I suppose it depends on what you want to spend your money on, i have a mate who spends thousands of pounds on the new " all singing dancing phones" " kids abacus games" etc, etc, now ( imo) i think he has more money then sense but as they say " you touch yourself and takes yer choice".

I suppose it depends on what you want to spend your money on, i have a mate who spends thousands of pounds on the new " all singing dancing phones" " kids abacus games" etc, etc, now ( imo) i think he has more money then sense but as they say " you touch yourself and takes yer choice".

I prefer to compare it to other live entertainment... like concerts. U2 tickets are £100 upwards and some hate some love em. Having seem them they were brilliant.
Ive also seen £6 gigs with unknown bands and they were brilliant and highly entertaining

They key is I could watch any band within a genre I liked and in theory enjoy it, you cant with your Football team

One of the most enjoyable games I’ve ever been too was Hamburg Bayern as it was a no lake game, Bayern win then we have seen the super Germans machine.. Hamburg win and we’re in there with the home crowd. It was a late 1 night win for Bayern but the atmosphere was brilliant and so inclusive.

Key clinical finish tonight, so many games have a chance like that early in the game that gets wasted. Completely fudged the way they planned to play.

Last edited:
Ok...how good was he tonight?? Ran the show from the start - he was simply superb. A world class performance, which shows that yes, Eriksen delivers against good sides in big games too.

So so important for us.

Hopefully people pick up two things from this game

- Eriksen is what makes our team work
- We overplay him, no question for me, when Eriksen is off for a week or two, he looks a class above. As fit as he is, he needs recovery time.

Back