• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Christian Eriksen

Eriksen is quality, I am sticking to that, top top quality player

Amazing how many people don't see it. The guy is literally just 25 in a key midfield position, the next 3-6 years could be the best of his career. I'd like to see if Poch goes back to 3-5-2 for rest of season with Jan back, how much Eriksen is going to contribute (his hot streak this season was mostly in that setup).

Funny that people are talking about shooting boots, instead of how (based on Poch's public statements/advice), he's actually in the opposition box a lot more now, giving us that 3rd/4th option for goals behind Kane/Dele/Son.

Amazing how many people don't see it. The guy is literally just 25 in a key midfield position, the next 3-6 years could be the best of his career.

Probably ,but I don't think he'll spend them with us, is all. He's consistently talked about how he has this plan for his career that he's largely on track with - that presumably includes a superclub like Barca, Bayern or Madrid at some point, because he definitely has the skill and the work-rate to succeed at any of those clubs.

Probably ,but I don't think he'll spend them with us, is all. He's consistently talked about how he has this plan for his career that he's largely on track with - that presumably includes a superclub like Barca, Bayern or Madrid at some point, because he definitely has the skill and the work-rate to succeed at any of those clubs.

Fair point, and a worry for a few of our players, if we don't kick on, consistently get CL now and challenge/win something, we will lose some of our players to those types of clubs.

Thats exactly it, I see alot of negativity from alot of Spurs fans on many mediums, I imagine the same fans will go nuts once he leaves for a big club and he will or at least they would be interested because savvy people know exactly what he offers as a player.

Eriksen is a great player, I really like him. He just doesn't stand out as much as say Modric and Bale, which is probably a good thing for us. If he was more flashy, more consistent, kept banging in freekicks and so on, I'd be more fearful of us losing him. I can't see us losing him at the moment. Real Madrid and Barcelona and the other big teams tend to go for the flashy ones.

Thats exactly it, I see alot of negativity from alot of Spurs fans on many mediums, I imagine the same fans will go nuts once he leaves for a big club and he will or at least they would be interested because savvy people know exactly what he offers as a player.

My thoughts as well, i remember having many discussions with some Spurs fans abot Carrick, they were the same comments (mostly) that some make about Eriksen. ( he can not do this, he can not do that blah, blah), it was only once he left and proved what a great player he was at Utd they saw what they had lost.

My thoughts as well, i remember having many discussions with some Spurs fans abot Carrick, they were the same comments (mostly) that some make about Eriksen. ( he can not do this, he can not do that blah, blah), it was only once he left and proved what a great player he was at Utd they saw what they had lost.

I will rant about it here as it seems the right time too BUT when players finish their career they are hero worshiped, players of a bygone age who did no wrong, players we put on pedal stool today that played in the past, well they all had bad games, they all had games they didn't score, no one of them were perfect on or off the pitch........We marched for Venables yet criticise Poch, we laud Gazza yet we are critics of Eriksen (Assist and Goal ratio are as good), we would want a Shearer but we find room to be critics of Kane (Again his ratio is as good), so my argument is why would people pick holes in a fine period of time for the club, the here and now rather than jump on the journey and get behind it 100%?

Eriksen is a great player. He is pretty much the only we we would struggle to replace at the moment as we have no direct replacement for him. I know we don't really have one for Kane, Rose or Toby but that is because their bought replacements Janssen, Davies and Wimmer are not up to scratch. But we don't have a replacement for Eriksen, full stop. His workrate is phenomenal and he consistently runs most in a Spurs shirt.That is why we miss his creativity so much when he is not there, and why we were so keen to buy Isco.

However, his free kicks have turned to jelly, much like his general shooting, and his corners are simply dogbricke.

great player no doubt but not as good as modric or bale and i don't think he ever will
above the average level of the team right now, and happy that he is doing well, but we need a back up when he doesn't
and he should be training harder for set pieces, or give it to someone else to try

Only probably two of the top 5 players in world football to judge him by there.....

Exactly, I actually think he would thrive in a RM type environment (so many other players to mark, pace of game, he would get space .. and when he does, he hurts teams)

Another decent contribution from him yesterday ... those goals and assist are adding up.

Exactly, I actually think he would thrive in a RM type environment (so many other players to mark, pace of game, he would get space .. and when he does, he hurts teams)

Another decent contribution from him yesterday ... those goals and assist are adding up.

I agree with this. I do feel that if all the managers of the top European teams were asked a pick of just one of our players, it wouldn't be Kane or Alli they'd go for but IMO, more than likely be Rose or Eriksen.

Back