• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Christian Eriksen

I disagree. He wasn't scoring or creating anywhere near as freely as he is now. The new formation has benefited him and the rest of the team. He was a passenger in a lot of the games. Him and Lamela were not far from being benched IMO.

because he was deeper and in a position that doesn't really encourage that much break down in opposition defense formation. that position is more akin to players that will have to deal with physicality , be more aware of positioning and venturing forward....tackling and battling as well as playing the ball.

him playing on the flank puts him in the danger areas more frequently. he is still the same guy just playing more in the final third as a default position..not to mention that he comes in narrow off the flank with our full backs bombing on makes him and his full back partner hard to mark....and naturallly with success and ease then comes confidence and success

i honestly believe thats all it is.....just look at how he has been playing since lamela went down and he went into lamelas position

edit:- so looking forward to seeing lamela play in a 343 formation...that was built for him

Last edited:
id say we're playing Alli and Eriksen both as 'no.10s' in a 3421 rather than a 343 with Eriksen playing wide, if anything this new set up sees Eriksen more central than he was in the 4231 where he started out wide left and looked to drift in.

Alli is playing the goal scoring 10 role, who runs beyond the forward and Eriksen as the mercurial, creative 10 who pulls the string from behind.

Last edited:
id say we're playing Alli and Eriksen both as 'no.10s' in a 3421 rather than a 343 with Eriksen playing wide, if anything this new set up sees Eriksen more central than he was in the 4231 where he started out wide left and looked to drift in.

Alli is playing the goal scoring 10 role, who runs beyond the forward and Eriksen as the mercurial, creative 10 who pulls the string from behind.

yeah i agree, sorry i am not articulating myself well. i do agree with what you are saying.

i think when it all comes to the end of it ....it is eriksen being played in an advanced role with protectors that has highlighted his assets

yeah i agree, sorry i am not articulating myself well. i do agree with what you are saying.

i think when it all comes to the end of it ....it is eriksen being played in an advanced role with protectors that has highlighted his assets

i think the extra attacking freedom which has been afforded to both Rose and Walker helps as well, stretching the opponents defense which creates more space in the middle for Eriksen to work (as well as giving him more players to work with in the final third)

think both @africanspurs & @billyiddo have it right.

The 3 at back, with Wanyama in front allow players to overcommit just a little bit more knowing there is protection behind them. The Eriksen goal where Danny & Kyle ended up on the same side is a perfect example, both FB's on one side, overload the defense then get it back to Eriksen in space to shoot/pass as make sense (with Dele & Kane making runs and pulling defenders).

i think the extra attacking freedom which has been afforded to both Rose and Walker helps as well, stretching the opponents defense which creates more space in the middle for Eriksen to work (as well as giving him more players to work with in the final third)

Bingo. Spot on.

because he was deeper and in a position that doesn't really encourage that much break down in opposition defense formation. that position is more akin to players that will have to deal with physicality , be more aware of positioning and venturing forward....tackling and battling as well as playing the ball.

him playing on the flank puts him in the danger areas more frequently. he is still the same guy just playing more in the final third as a default position..not to mention that he comes in narrow off the flank with our full backs bombing on makes him and his full back partner hard to mark....and naturallly with success and ease then comes confidence and success

i honestly believe thats all it is.....just look at how he has been playing since lamela went down and he went into lamelas position

edit:- so looking forward to seeing lamela play in a 343 formation...that was built for him

Lamella won't get in this side as it stands

For him to get in he would need to play central as a 10 and his inability to use that right foot exposes him

It's different cutting in on his left from the right as he then has too to move

Don't get me wrong I really like lamella and he will definitely have a role to play but currently we have it best team regardless of injuries (including Verts in that )

That comment is a such a travesty I cannot let it go by. Erikson may have played poorly but he has never been a passenger, he contributes so much more than meets the eye even when below form.

For sure he had a sustained spell of poor, sometimes even wretched form earlier in the season. His free kicks and corners were generally poor, his passing was off and in his worst moments - when carrying an injury - he was sometimes seen to shy away from physical challenges. But never did he hide, never was he a passenger. In those situations when was evading direct physical challenges he would still attempt to win possession through chasing, harrying and/or cleverly positioning himself to outwit his opponent.

I can only surmise your comment is based on output rather than overall effort or commitment.

Yeah it wasn't a comment on his work rate, he always works hard. Just his overall play besides that was poor. Passenger was the wrong word to use, but he was ineffective going forward.

Last edited:
Yeah it wasn't a comment on his work rate, he always works hard. Just his overall play besides that was poor. Passenger was the wrong word to use, but he was ineffective going forward.

yet the second his position in the formation changes....literally that game lamela doesnt start and its eriksen in one of the front 3 positions...he shines more

@MixedKnuts
Christian Eriksen, Spurs 16-17. He's back to doing assist-y things. Shot quality is Not Great, Bob.
Spurs, Y U No Thruball?!?
C1qxwe9XAAA0rVP.jpg

I agree. He almost has a free role in the current set up and that is making him a bugger for the opposition to pick up.

Back