• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Cher Lloyd

southstand1882

Mitchell Thomas
Cher Lloyd booed offstage and pelted with bottles of urine at V Festival

The 'Swagger Jagger' singer was performing at the festival's leg at Hylands Park, Chelmsford when she was struck by a bottle two songs into her set and left the stage. She later returned, however, and told the crowd: It's hard enough being up here, but it's not nice having bottles of tinkle chucked at you.

Lloyd, who rose to prominence after appearing as a contestant on The X Factor and released her debut album 'Sticks & Stones' in October last year, later took to Twitter to comment on the fiasco. "Thank you so much for all the nice messages, shame that a couple of people had to ruin it," she wrote. "Unfortunately a glass bottle got thrown at me on stage. Tomorrow is another day, big love to my brats!!!"

In October last year, Lloyd admitted that the public's criticism of her was almost enough to make her quit music. Lloyd, who claimd that the campaign she found herself subjected to made her scared to leave her house, said: "I know people think I'm a bitch but they don't realise I put on a massive front. When I go home and close the door I break down, phone my mum and dad and cry. It got to the point when I thought 'Why am I doing this?'"

This year's V Festival was headlined by The Stone Roses and The Killers, with sets also coming from Noel Gallagher's High Flying Birds, The Enemy, Example, Miles Kane and Frank Turner.

[video=youtube;9hPkIU-iPEI]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9hPkIU-iPEI[/video]

GHod I hate V, full of absolute ****s year in, year out.

Cher is awful but no performer deserves that.

I find it a bit weird pop acts play festivals now. Back in the day she would have been bottled straight off.
Meatloaf and Bonnie Tyler were famously bottled at Reading back in the 80s.

Whether you like someone or not, when all they are is a singer/actor/sports star surely they don't deserve to have tinkle thrown at them? It's not like she rapes little children or committed genocide is it?

I hope her and her record label now realise we don't want manufactured pop brick stuffed down our necks. Also sounds like they badly misjudged the event. Who booked her! I grant you that tinkle is horrible. But she deserved booing and barracking all day long. Jog on love!!

I cannot believe people consider that tripe music

No wonder all I listen to these days is Capital Gold

Is it an unwritten rule these days that 'popular' music must be performed by talentless fudgewits?

i understand why people don't like her music, but why bother going to that stage when she is on, there is plenty else to be doing so stay away

i can't stand that crap either but i wouldn't chuck tinkle at anyone

it's also not fair for any genuine fans she had at the audience who would also have been covered, they paid their money and deserve to enjoy the event same as anybody else

I had bottles of tinkle chucked over me at loads of concerts/festivals and I'm not even a performer!

It is part of the festival thing though, that it may happen. I recall Metallica at Monsters of Rock 90, when Battery started there were hundreds if not thousands of plastic bottles/glasses being wanged in the air, probably 1-10 had some beer 9-10 was tinkle, I was really charged up and moshing thinking 'this is wicked' until a mate said 'it's tinkle', kinda took the edge off things! I saw Sporty Spice at V and she got some pelters but performed through/over it and did OK (I only watched 10minutes to see what would happen, honest!). L7 at Reading '92 got pelters alot (mud mainly) so the singer/guitarist took out her current tampon and chucked it at the crowd (entirely gross but very memoriable and most of all in the spirit of rock).

The only slight issue I have is if it was glass, that it not on, other than that she is fair game and should have been briefed by her management (I suspect she would have been and they are yielding column inches said management are very happy about).

i understand why people don't like her music, but why bother going to that stage when she is on, there is plenty else to be doing so stay away

i can't stand that crap either but i wouldn't chuck tinkle at anyone

it's also not fair for any genuine fans she had at the audience who would also have been covered, they paid their money and deserve to enjoy the event same as anybody else

No they should fudge off and watch her at a pop concert.
Its like a rugby team showing up and playing football and the football supporters booing and ruining it for the rugby fans who happened to turn up.

You'll always have dingdongheads at concerts. It's not even a festival thing, people will pay good money to go see an artist and throw stuff at them. macarons.

The "artists" fronted by record companies these days are there to sell singles on iTunes. Nobody cares about their albums and they suck as live performers. Especially when so much of the music is constructed on a PC by some producer instead of a band in rehearsal.

You'll always have dingdongheads at concerts. It's not even a festival thing, people will pay good money to go see an artist and throw stuff at them. macarons.

The "artists" fronted by record companies these days are there to sell singles on iTunes. Nobody cares about their albums and they suck as live performers. Especially when so much of the music is constructed on a PC by some producer instead of a band in rehearsal.

I think its the other way round. The main way for artists to make money these days is by touring and selling merchandise. Pop acts who would have made money selling singles and playing free pop events (smash hits and radio 1 road show type things) now end up on the festival circuit using it as an income stream.

She's not everyone's cup of tea. But throwin urine at her is out of order...should have been a bag of chips, looks like she still need a good meal down her, or at least a nice sausage ;)

strange this one - Reading/Leeds will book an act every few years or so that have no place being there and are seemingly only there so the crowd can boo them off (see G Unit & The Rasmus) - however V is aimed at Radio 1 mainstream pop and rock type fans so i would have thought that Cher Loyd was quite fitting for the festival really

I think its the other way round. The main way for artists to make money these days is by touring and selling merchandise. Pop acts who would have made money selling singles and playing free pop events (smash hits and radio 1 road show type things) now end up on the festival circuit using it as an income stream.

You have all these writer/producer types working for the record companies. They need a face/voice to sell their brick to the mindless masses, who only buy what they're told. They'll never sell out concerts on their own, so they play events/festivals.

Record executives don't care about developing real artists anymore. They want a quick buck. Pop singers are a dime dozen. Keep them around as long as the kids like them, but if sales drop you're out the door.

You have all these writer/producer types working for the record companies. They need a face/voice to sell their brick to the mindless masses, who only buy what they're told. They'll never sell out concerts on their own, so they play events/festivals.

Record executives don't care about developing real artists anymore. They want a quick buck. Pop singers are a dime dozen. Keep them around as long as the kids like them, but if sales drop you're out the door.

Then you have hipsters who stop listening to a band if they get too big. Needless to say, there's a lot of garbage in the indie scene as well, but at least it's self-produced garbage rather than at the behest of the writers/producers.

Back