• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Ched Evans

It's very difficult not to be hypocritical over this.

I'm sure we all agree we wouldn't want him playing for our club. I suspect there's some (not me) who would waver if it were Bale or Ronaldo we were talking about.

But he's served his time. According to our legal system he's free to go about his business as he wishes. The sentence was too short, far too short but that's a different problem altogether. As it stands, any criminal who has served their sentence should be able to ply their trade wherever they wish.

I'm sure we all agree we wouldn't want him playing for our club. I suspect there's some (not me) who would waver if it were Bale or Ronaldo we were talking about.

But he's served his time. According to our legal system he's free to go about his business as he wishes. The sentence was too short, far too short but that's a different problem altogether. As it stands, any criminal who has served their sentence should be able to ply their trade wherever they wish.

Most companies would exclude a candidate with a criminal record for rape.

Yep, would not want to have dinner with the fella but he has served his time and a sex crime should not stop him from playing football.

Is it in bad taste to say he is aggressive in the box?
( sorry - couldn't resist. )

Not for me but for some probably.

The actual crime when reading about it, well if I was on the jury I would not have convicted. Not defending rape.

He was guilty, served his time(case for saying it should have been longer) now he deserves to be allowed to work again.

All the women up in arms about him being let out so soon should perhaps think about voting for a party that are prepared to increase prison places so people can spend longer in prison. Another consideration when deciding who to vote for next year.

This is such a grey area, if you done your time, you should be allowed to get on with your life. Other players have done so including a goalkeeper for manslaughter. My personal opinion is if you work in the public limelight, you should have to change your job to something away from the public view.

I feel sorry for Sheffield, as I understand it the pfa asked them to let one of their members train with them, if they had said no then I can imagine all kinds of issues. Between a rock and a hard place.

Sitting on my porcelain throne using Fapatalk

Thats the problem - noone is going to want to sign him because of the all the furore that will ensue. I agree with you - he should be allowed to play football again but I'm not comfortable with people saying he shouldn't be allowed to play for this or that club, or at a particular level. He's done his time (ridiculously short IMO but that's a different thread) and he should be allowed back into work

The OP suggested that he didn't feel comfortable 'with a convicted rapist being allowed to play football professionally and potentially score goals and see him celebrate' which, to me, is a ludicrous argument

I don't see why it's 'ludicrous" that I'm uncomfortable with a convicted rapist receiving adulation. I'm not against all rapists going back to work again after serving their time, provided they show remorse when they are released.

if I was him, I would play abroad where he won't have to deal with this media scrum and there'll be no questions asked, that or lie low for 6 months

Every single aspect of this case leaves me feeling uneasy.

Having read about it a while back and considered some of the evidence I would have found it very hard to reach a verdict one way or another. How one man is cleared of rape and another is not when it is suggested their actions were 'predatory' is peculiar. Some of the very evidence used to suggest that the girl was 'completely out of it' appeared to show her have the sense to walk comfortably in platform shoes and remember to rush back outside to get a pizza she had left behind (CCTV). It would appear that she had consented to get to the hotel, with a man she had literally only just me. The decision of the court would suggest she consented to having sex with this man. He was acquitted. We then have Ched Evans turn up. It is suggested that the acquitted asked if his mate could 'join in' and did so. The victim has no claimed knowledge of the night before. This add weight to the fact she could not have given consent in the eyes of the court. Yet if she couldn't how was it okay for the first man to have sex with her? Meanwhile some friends and family of the acquitted are outside filming the event with a mobile phone. It is the content of this video which largely swayed the jury to convict Evans. It was suggested the girl was in and out of consciousness etc.. At this point you start thinking what a horribly grim set of events we have. Who would be having sex with someone who is in and out of consciousness? The victim did not make a complaint of rape. She was encouraged to by a work colleague.

You hear rumour that there was evidence that suggested the victim was in contact with friends on Facebook that evening. It was deleted. I find the next bit tricky but you hear evidence that the victim didn't have a particularly glowing reputation in the town. This was of course inadmissable in court. You subsequently hear of a rape victim publicly celebrating that they would be coming into some money, celebrating on holiday, buying a bling motor etc. The whole thing is just wrong on every level. There is a huge amount of guilt in so many way and the court decided that one of the two men involved was guilty of rape. The court has decided. The sentencing I think was ridiculous as it often is in this country. If guilty of rape is 5 years enough? Especially when they can be out in half of the time?

Then should the convicted rapist return to work? Do you approach this logically or emotionally? Logically they should have course be allowed to return to work. Emotionally it is a tricky one. An emotional response would be that society is worse off for the vast majority of these so called role models out there, kicking a ball around, earning in many cases tens to hundreds of thousands of £pounds per week. When the game is increasingly becoming an utter laughing stock, with grown men feigning injury, players showing little to know respect for the rules of the game or those that officiate it, when the governing bodies of the game are absolutely rampantly corrupt you have to ask yourself if we really need to have an unremoreseless, convicted rapist running around earning tens of thousands to do **** all. When you see how, what I hope is not a growing majority of these young men, behave on the pitch, you start to see how cases like the one above are possible.

Personally I'd prefer Ched Evans stays well away from football because I think it just distracts from the very obvious issues that are dragging the game down. It is amazing that in these self inflicted, harder times where people are quick to cry foul at the salary of a CEO of a business that employs thousands, they barely raise an eyelid to a young footballer, a modern day role model, earning double in a year what the evil 'fat cat' earns. (based on £50k a week.. not including bonuses, endorsements etc). Should he play? Yes it is right he is allowed to. Do I want to see another clown on my TV, there for youngsters to applaud and look up to? No the game is in enough trouble and that trouble isn't sending out a positive message.

I just wish those who are so against his return to football were also just as vocal against certain Russian mafia oligarichs and middle eastern kings with outrageous hideous crimes towards women.

I just wish those who are so against his return to football were also just as vocal against certain Russian mafia oligarichs and middle eastern kings with outrageous hideous crimes towards women.

I for one fecking hate Russian Mafia Oligarchs and the rest. I also hate sex offenders, I'm not too keen on their apologists on this thread either. My GHod boys, a young drunk woman was preyed upon here. Ask yourself, if you had been in Evans position would you have gone ahead done it? That's the real test here.

In this case is he still not technicaly serving his sentence? He got let out after serving half the time given to him.

Sent from my GT-N8010 using Fapatalk

Back