• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Championship and EFL Football

They will get some good players in for their club though and Wagner will create a siege mentality. Don't be shocked if they stay up.

They will get some good players in for their club though and Wagner will create a siege mentality. Don't be shocked if they stay up.

Having seen a fair bit of them this season I will be shocked if they stay up.

Five of their most important players are on loan (1 from Liverpool, 1 from Emirates Marketing Project and 2 from Chelsea + one from a German team), they have a battle on just making sure they have a team even similar to what they have now let alone improving it for the Premier League.

Pleased they came up over Reading as they are a northern team and I appreciate they have some history behind them but they have became a bit of a tin pot team. Happy clappers and the likes at the ground, can't even sell out a home Championship play off semi final.

They'll go straight back down.

With brick like Reading and Huddersfield as promotion opposition, no wonder Saudi Sportswashing Machine came up, even forgetting the parachute payment advantage. Nothing impressive in that, and it must feel like a hollow achievement for Toon fans. I know it's not their fault, and you can only beat what's in front of you, but FSW has proven nothing so far imo.

Everyone said the same about Bournemouth to be fair and I am not having any of these in hindsight arguments of playing football.

So much money about now and so many bad spenders about means there is a HUGE chance an established side will go

Having seen a fair bit of them this season I will be shocked if they stay up.

Five of their most important players are on loan (1 from Liverpool, 1 from Emirates Marketing Project and 2 from Chelsea + one from a German team), they have a battle on just making sure they have a team even similar to what they have now let alone improving it for the Premier League.

Pleased they came up over Reading as they are a northern team and I appreciate they have some history behind them but they have became a bit of a tin pot team. Happy clappers and the likes at the ground, can't even sell out a home Championship play off semi final.

They'll go straight back down.

I reckon your lot might just do the same

I don't.

We have a world class manager and I expect us to make some decent signings.
To stay up you have to be able to score goals, and you need a decent defence & goalie, you havent any of those, you may stay up but it will cost you £100m, Ashely isn't going to sanction that spending

To stay up you have to be able to score goals, and you need a decent defence & goalie, you havent any of those, you may stay up but it will cost you £100m, Ashely isn't going to sanction that spending

We'll spend £75-80M imo. Should be okay. I expect a solid season, 10th to 14th without ever being in serious danger.

On the goal 'keeper front it looks like we'll bring in either Pepe Reina or Willy Caballero.

If they stay up you can at least play them next year.
I don't get it. Are Sunderland in the Prem or Championship this year? I can't remember. I think Saudi Sportswashing Machine came up because we already played them, but it's hard to keep up with yo-yo teams like Reading, Wigan, Palace etc

I don't get it. Are Sunderland in the Prem or Championship this year? I can't remember. I think Saudi Sportswashing Machine came up because we already played them, but it's hard to keep up with yo-yo teams like Reading, Wigan, Palace etc

They are in the champ where Saudi Sportswashing Machine will be next season, so lets hope Sunderland stay up.

They are getting beat 3-2 at home by Bolton which sends them bottom.

Surely Grayson has to go?

Back