• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Champions League 23/24

Probably not. But it would give us a great chance of getting cl next season. Which with the new format will be huge. Would also give an advantage to getting a 5th cl place in the future.
There is no way West Ham are going to Germany and winning 3-0 so forget about that one
More chance of Liverpool winning 3-0 in Italy

There is no way West Ham are going to Germany and winning 3-0 so forget about that one
More chance of Liverpool winning 3-0 in Italy

They'll be at home. It's a tall order. (Tbh i just glanced at the results this morning, thought they drew). Leverkusen unbeaten this season in all comps. So not much hope.

We do everything we can to get 4th. That goes without saying. But i'd much prefer that if we were to finish 5th to be in the cl next season rather than europa.
I'm of the view, if we finish fourth brilliant. If we finish fifth and that means a season of Europa, brilliant. It's a fair gauge of our progress and we honestly probably have a better chance of winning that anyway.

I'm of the view, if we finish fourth brilliant. If we finish fifth and that means a season of Europa, brilliant. It's a fair gauge of our progress and we honestly probably have a better chance of winning that anyway.

That's fine. I just feel differently. I want to be playing the best teams in europe every season. I've got to see messi play against us in the camp nou. Ronaldo play against us in the bernabau. Got to see us beat ac in the san siro. Those are great memories for me. That's not even going into the financial impact. Especially with the new stadium.

Am I right that the coefficient is based on match results rather than who wins the tie? If so narrow wins for Liverpool and West Ham would help the coefficient, even if they are knocked out. Similarly a draw for Arsenal and losing on penalties would help.

Yeah, Hopefully Liverpool win 1-0 lol

Also Dortmund and Munich could still feasibly go out and only leave them with Leverkeusen left in Europe

Am I right that the coefficient is based on match results rather than who wins the tie? If so narrow wins for Liverpool and West Ham would help the coefficient, even if they are knocked out. Similarly a draw for Arsenal and losing on penalties would help.

You get a bonus point for reaching the next round, but each leg is scored individually (2 points for a win/ 1 point for a draw).

Starting next season there will be a different bonus system to fit this crappy, new league format they're introducing. CL teams will get even more points compared to the other competitions.

Yep
It’s wins and games
So draws get a small incremental and wins more

Same here, a lot of our fans were worried about where we would finish in the lge last summer with all the changes we had. If we finish in the top five that would be a great start for Ange.

Back