• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Champions League 23/24

Rudigers arm is out playing them both onside. If we can't agree with replays it shows that he shouldn't have flagged and let it play out.

I don't think his arm can be counted, when they draw the lines, but the furthest forward part of the attackers body that they can score with is, in this case, likely their knees.

1. Offside position

It is not an offence to be in an offside position.

A player is in an offside position if:
  • any part of the head, body or feet is in the opponents’ half (excluding the halfway line) and
  • any part of the head, body or feet is nearer to the opponents’ goal line than both the ball and the second-last opponent
The hands and arms of all players, including the goalkeepers, are not considered. For the purposes of determining offside, the upper boundary of the arm is in line with the bottom of the armpit.

A player is not in an offside position if level with the:
  • second-last opponent or
  • last two opponents

1. Offside position

• any part of the head, body or feet is in the opponents’ half (excluding the halfway line) and
  • any part of the head, body or feet is nearer to the opponents’ goal line than both the ball and the second-last opponent
The hands and arms of all players, including the goalkeepers, are not considered. For the purposes of determining offside, the upper boundary of the arm is in line with the bottom of the armpit.

• last two opponents
Yes, it's the bottom of the sleeve and that plays him on, think Rudigers foot is also playing them on.
Either way it's too close to call without a review and it should have been let play out.

Rudigers arm is out playing them both onside. If we can't agree with replays it shows that he shouldn't have flagged and let it play out.
Arms don't count for offsides - its only parts of the body that arent handball, i.e. shoulders in

Taking Kane off was a bit silly but at the end of the day, his goalkeeper has thrown in a simple one. He holds on to that and they win. Not all on Tuchel by a long way but he’s gonna get hammered.

I thought his subs were ridiculous. Taking off all the forwards? I mean, Kane can defend too! And he can produce magic from nothing. I think Tuchel blew it. Yes, Neuer gaffe was horrible (Henry slagged Dier for not boxing the foreward out but let's face it, Neuer had it and spilt it) but Tuchel's subs were terrible IMO. Muller I get, but Chopa-Mouting for Kane? my GHod...

I thought his subs were ridiculous. Taking off all the forwards? I mean, Kane can defend too! And he can produce magic from nothing. I think Tuchel blew it. Yes, Neuer gaffe was horrible (Henry slagged Dier for not boxing the foreward out but let's face it, Neuer had it and spilt it) but Tuchel's subs were terrible IMO. Muller I get, but Chopa-Mouting for Kane? my GHod...
He massively fudged up

...I suppose the brutal truth is that three of the four goals Bayern conceded were from clear mistakes. None of the goals Madrid conceded were as obvious in that regard. Margins and all that...

...I suppose the brutal truth is that three of the four goals Bayern conceded were from clear mistakes. None of the goals Madrid conceded were as obvious in that regard. Margins and all that...
Poor defending from some big name Bayern players
Kim is a quality player but hasn’t clicked there and Neur was brilliant all game but one fudge up … that’s it

i have to also say, the chance Harry had in the 75th min? He needs to be burying that given his vintage. Those are the details...
Yeah, was very surprised he didn't bury that! He had time, and the angle wasn't very tight. Very unlike Kane to not even hit the target from there!

1. Offside position

• last two opponents

If these are the rules, then why have we time and again been penalized for having elbows in offside positions? VAR is utter brick.

To me it looks like the head of the #4 is offside, but it's bizarre the linesman flagged such a close call rather than leaving it to VAR. They usually don't flag some quite blatant offsides.

Replacing Kane with another striker is strange. He's actually an effective defender of set pieces (perhaps better than taking them!). Seems like a manager trying to be too clever to show his worth (think Tinkerman 20 years on).

De Ligt is probably offside, but I highly doubt Mazroui is!

I think he might just be.

But this isnt a great image to see, and i havent tried at adjust horizontal lines for distortion

Untitled-1.jpg

Top attacker is off, you can see his foot past the line (so didnt even bother looking at his shoulder). The other one is closer, but i think is just off. But its far too close to call with Rudiger's back heal

Still baffled by those subs by the Bond villain Tuchel. Even if Real hadn’t gone on to get the winner, what was Tuchel’s plan for ET and pens with their best attacking players no longer on the pitch? It seems like all or nothing and hedging your bets on seeing the game out knowing you’re fudged if the other team equalise.

Back