• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Champions League 23/24

For those that haven't seen it zealand breaks it down.

Sounds like she's not too bothered by it...

Carragher was severely criticized in the aftermath of the incident but all signs suggest tensions have thawed after a brilliant opening segment from Abdo on Wednesday night.

She said: 'You know what, this group has been together now for three-and-a-half years is it I think and I grew up with a brother and on this show I feel like I've gained three more here at the desk.

'Let me introduce you to the group again. Thierry Henry, of course, the golden child who can do no wrong. Always says the right thing, sets the example for the rest of us.

'Can he be intimidating? Yes he can. But he is the big brother we all look up to and we all aspire to.

'Then there is the middle child. Jamie Carragher. A chip on his shoulder, capable of saying anything for attention.

'Does he go too far sometimes? Absolutely. Does he apologize? Yes, he does. But all of us have that one annoying family member that we still love and accept.

'And then there's little bro. Loud but loveable, Micah Richards. Easy to pick on, impossible not to love and everybody's favorite.

'You know what? Like a good family we stick together. So here we are, another day and another show. Good to be with you all.'

Sounds like she's not too bothered by it...

Carragher was severely criticized in the aftermath of the incident but all signs suggest tensions have thawed after a brilliant opening segment from Abdo on Wednesday night.

She said: 'You know what, this group has been together now for three-and-a-half years is it I think and I grew up with a brother and on this show I feel like I've gained three more here at the desk.

'Let me introduce you to the group again. Thierry Henry, of course, the golden child who can do no wrong. Always says the right thing, sets the example for the rest of us.

'Can he be intimidating? Yes he can. But he is the big brother we all look up to and we all aspire to.

'Then there is the middle child. Jamie Carragher. A chip on his shoulder, capable of saying anything for attention.

'Does he go too far sometimes? Absolutely. Does he apologize? Yes, he does. But all of us have that one annoying family member that we still love and accept.

'And then there's little bro. Loud but loveable, Micah Richards. Easy to pick on, impossible not to love and everybody's favorite.

'You know what? Like a good family we stick together. So here we are, another day and another show. Good to be with you all.'
The clam family.

So. You're all dying to know just how England's Michael Oliver cost his nation with that daft red card against Qarabag.

With that dramatic extra-time win for Leverkusen, their two points boosted Germany's overall club co-efficient to an average of 15.928. England sits third at 15.000. After a pretty good night in Europe closed the gap to Germany by about .5 of a point, improving chances that the Premier League's fifth place club will qualify for Champions League. West Ham did well to knock out Freiburg.

From the round of 16 on, each win earns a club 1 point for a win and one point for advancing to the next round. So, two points this round for ManCity, Liverpool, and West Ham. Brighton earned 1 point for beating Roma 1-0. Villa earned 1 point for beating Ajax but nothing for advancing.

Had Qarabag been treated a little more rationally and hung on to their two-goal lead, the German co-efficient number would have dropped to 15.642.

So. You're all dying to know just how England's Michael Oliver cost his nation with that daft red card against Qarabag.

With that dramatic extra-time win for Leverkusen, their two points boosted Germany's overall club co-efficient to an average of 15.928. England sits third at 15.000. After a pretty good night in Europe closed the gap to Germany by about .5 of a point, improving chances that the Premier League's fifth place club will qualify for Champions League. West Ham did well to knock out Freiburg.

From the round of 16 on, each win earns a club 1 point for a win and one point for advancing to the next round. So, two points this round for ManCity, Liverpool, and West Ham. Brighton earned 1 point for beating Roma 1-0. Villa earned 1 point for beating Ajax but nothing for advancing.

Had Qarabag been treated a little more rationally and hung on to their two-goal lead, the German co-efficient number would have dropped to 15.642.

Cheers. So it's important for england to get 5th spot this season, as it means they have more chance of retaining it in the future. 5 teams in the cl instead of 4.

But the europa gives the same points as the cl? That's weird.

Also if a team (like city) won home and away wouldn't that be 3 points. 1 for each win and 1 for going through?

Edit - seems the points are divided by the amount of teams that country had in uefa competitions that year.

Last edited:

With that dramatic extra-time win for Leverkusen, their two points boosted Germany's overall club co-efficient to an average of 15.928. England sits third at 15.000.
It was 15.928 and 15.000 before Thursday's matches. Coefficients are now Germany: 16.357, England: 16.250.

Cheers. So it's important for england to get 5th spot this season, as it means they have more chance of retaining it in the future. 5 teams in the cl instead of 4.

But the europa gives the same points as the cl? That's weird.

Also if a team (like city) won home and away wouldn't that be 3 points. 1 for each win and 1 for going through?

Edit - seems the points are divided by the amount of teams that country had in uefa competitions that year.
Points per match are the same in each competition but there are more bonus points for being in the CL group and knockout stage. It's 2 points for a win, 1 for a draw and 1 for going through. So City winning home and away would be 5 points divided by the 8 teams England had in Europe = 0.625.

Spain with a chance to get back into the coefficient race. Hopefully we'll be clear in 4th soon. Don't want to start cheering for Arse and City.

Points per match are the same in each competition but there are more bonus points for being in the CL group and knockout stage. It's 2 points for a win, 1 for a draw and 1 for going through. So City winning home and away would be 5 points divided by the 8 teams England had in Europe = 0.625.
Both City and Arsenal are going out. Hopefully Atletico go through vs Dortmund, and it will be up to the teams in the EL and ECL to get the rest of the coefficient points.

We could possibly have West Ham, Arsenal and City all going out at the QF stage, could that be bad for us and the 5th CL spot ?

We could possibly have West Ham, Arsenal and City all going out at the QF stage, could that be bad for us and the 5th CL spot ?

I’m not even thinking about 5th. If we get 4th and deserve CL or we don’t. We have no European football to deal with and it’s in our hands. I don’t want to rely on teams we hate so we can sneak in the back door. I can live with being in the Europa for next season if we miss out.

Back