• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Champions League 2017/18

Bayern missed 173 gilt edged opportunities. Woeful finishing. I thought Lewandowski and Mueller could finish. Shame Robben was crocked.

I agree Liverpool will waltz past either defence and score a boatload, should that defence push up.
Real defended fairly deep tonight mostly. Yes, it was by necessity as Bayern pushed them back but it is something that would work against 'pool. Liverpool's main attacking option is a ball in behind the fullbacks. Every time a midfielder or defender gets the ball in any space they turn and ping one in behind the full backs for that little fudge Salah or Mane to scamper on to. Very effective but surely it can be negated by sitting deeper (yes I'm looking at you Roma coach guy whatever your name is)

Tonight should be another nail biter, it has the potential to be. But clawing back three goals unanswered is a big ask ...

I don't think Roma will manage it. Liverpool always have a goal in them and Roma really need to go on the attack. I can see it ending 3-1 or 3-2, which just won't be enough.

So, our record this season against the (likely) CL finalists will be P4 W2 D2 L0 F10 A5. That's pretty bloody impressive, including two absolutely crushing wins at Wembley. It just serves to underline what this season could have been -- so close yet so far from glory.

I'm still happy. We had a great run in the CL and some fantastic games in the league. I think there's just not been enough left in the tank to see out the season. We'll still qualify for the CL, just.

The fact is that, yet again, we're at the business end of the season with something to play for. Okay, so it's "just" CL qualification, but that's a damn sight better than all the years we struggled to finish in the Europa League places, or when the best I could hope for was being able to press Hold on page 1 of the Ceefax league table.

*sigh*

As much as I know we don’t like them. They were bloody impressive against City, so fair play to them I say!

That's not far from a penalty imo. VVD isn't even close to the ball and just smacks into the back of Dzeko. In fact I think it is a pen. Pretty sure he'd get a FK anywhere else.

Roma are crap. How the hell did they get this far? Liverpool were made to destroy these powder-puff teams.

Hopefully Madrid will luck their way to a win because Liverpool will cause them a lot of problems.

Back