• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

CFC - the epitome of modern football?

Sounds like a good family evening out to me.

But that doesnt mean they are not despicable low brow bellends .

Solid post.

They generally struggle to sell out and this was a decent opportunity for them to market the game in a slightly new way. Watching the game against Norwich last night I would rather have seen some families with kids in costumes there having a good time rather than the empty seats.

Solid post.

They generally struggle to sell out and this was a decent opportunity for them to market the game in a slightly new way. Watching the game against Norwich last night I would rather have seen some families with kids in costumes there having a good time rather than the empty seats.

Or offer lower ticket prices?

Or offer lower ticket prices?

I have no problems with your classification of Chelsea as the epitome of modern football. I also have no problem with what they did in this case because like it or not modern football is what it is and for the clubs it's about adjusting to reality.

i think thats fair enough really, i remember going to games as a kid in the early 90's, Colchester United in the Conference, so "real football", and the football definitely wasn't enough to keep me entertained for 90 mins, there were always trips to the sweet stall and hot dog counter

I have no problems with your classification of Chelsea as the epitome of modern football. I also have no problem with what they did in this case because like it or not modern football is what it is and for the clubs it's about adjusting to reality.

I dont. But i fully accept that it is here to stay & people like me will basically have to like it or lump it (as you rightly say).

The Premier League football experience is going one way & there is no stopping it unless safe standing ever sees the light of day (& that might not be enough). For the fans who like what 'soccerball' has become it it is a great thing & good luck to them.

Thats why i have started taking in non-Spurs 1st team & non-league games. I know when i am beaten :lol:

I dont. But i fully accept that it is here to stay & people like me will basically have to like it or lump it (as you rightly say).

The Premier League football experience is going one way & there is no stopping it unless safe standing ever sees the light of day (& that might not be enough). For the fans who like what 'soccerball' has become it it is a great thing & good luck to them.

Thats why i have started taking in non-Spurs 1st team & non-league games. I know when i am beaten :lol:

Oh, I don't like it either, but if the choice is between Spurs playing the financial game and being successful or not playing the financial game and fail I prefer us playing the game as it is (and I see no third option here). Because when the game is on and you're alongside fellow fans, be it in the stands or in the pub (or even at home alone for that matter) the experience of watching Spurs play and win is a great one. And as Crouch scored that goal that secured CL football or as Bale ripped Maicon apart or as we hung on by the skin of our teeth against Milan I didn't think for one second about the problems with the modern game, I just experienced it. And I would rather have more than less of those experiences.

Oh, I don't like it either, but if the choice is between Spurs playing the financial game and being successful or not playing the financial game and fail I prefer us playing the game as it is (and I see no third option here). Because when the game is on and you're alongside fellow fans, be it in the stands or in the pub (or even at home alone for that matter) the experience of watching Spurs play and win is a great one. And as Crouch scored that goal that secured CL football or as Bale ripped Maicon apart or as we hung on by the skin of our teeth against Milan I didn't think for one second about the problems with the modern game, I just experienced it. And I would rather have more than less of those experiences.

Even if you are sitting next to some 7yr old Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles at the time ;)

Where all those who were defending the Adebayor chant now?

*Looks shiftily from side to side*
*Puts hand up*

Wasn't saying that it should be sung or defending (all) those that did, but I didn't think at the time or now that it was a racist song. Out of order and crossing a line that probably shouldn't be crossed? Sure. Xenophobic? Perhaps. Racist? Not so sure...

There were probably some idiots that sung it either for racist reasons or enjoyed it because it fueled some racial stereotype they had or something like that. For the vast majority that sung it I don't think they were or are racists or that they sung it for racist reasons or with racist intent at all.

Yes. I would rather have the getting into CL experience next to some 7yr old Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles than not have the getting into the CL experience.

Enjoy fella.

As i say, not for me but i realise that eventually dinosaurs become extinct.

To be fair in 10 years time when the Washington Hotspurs win the Premier bowl noboby will give a toss what i think!!

*Looks shiftily from side to side*
*Puts hand up*

Wasn't saying that it should be sung or defending (all) those that did, but I didn't think at the time or now that it was a racist song. Out of order and crossing a line that probably shouldn't be crossed? Sure. Xenophobic? Perhaps. Racist? Not so sure...

There were probably some idiots that sung it either for racist reasons or enjoyed it because it fueled some racial stereotype they had or something like that. For the vast majority that sung it I don't think they were or are racists or that they sung it for racist reasons or with racist intent at all.

Agreed. Personally i never sang it but i know plenty who did. Far be it from me to decide they are indeed racists (when i know they are not) & call them on it.

Enjoy fella.

As i say, not for me but i realise that eventually dinosaurs become extinct.

To be fair in 10 years time when the Washington Hotspurs win the Premier bowl noboby will give a toss what i think!!

Interesting leaps in crazy thinking..

Interesting leaps in crazy thinking..

Long day at work.
But.... if the 39th game rears its ugly head again (which it will) & becomes successful in which direction do you think the game will go? To where the money is - where ever that maybe. Premier Leaugue teams are becoming franchises & look at what happens to franchises in the US - they play in the city that offers them the most cash.

I dont really believe it but it is not beyond the realms of possibility in the future.

Long day at work.
But.... if the 39th game rears its ugly head again (which it will) & becomes successful in which direction do you think the game will go? To where the money is - where ever that maybe. Premier Leaugue teams are becoming franchises & look at what happens to franchises in the US - they play in the city that offers them the most cash.

I dont really believe it but it is not beyond the realms of possibility in the future.

The 39th game? that would go abroad.

The game as in football? It'll stay here in the UK. The interest in it is nowhere near as big in the US, so the money is actually biggest for it here. Here we have a stadium, here we can fill a stadium. There we would have neither. We're in the capital of the UK, where in the UK are we likely to go that would be better for us money wise?

The 39th game? that would go abroad.

The game as in football? It'll stay here in the UK. The interest in it is nowhere near as big in the US, so the money is actually biggest for it here. Here we have a stadium, here we can fill a stadium. There we would have neither. We're in the capital of the UK, where in the UK are we likely to go that would be better for us money wise?

As i say i am just fudging about really but purely hypothetically, the far east would be the likely destination for some of the bigger Prem teams.

History means nothing to foreign investors - just look at Cardiff.

And you know as well as i do there are plenty of Yids that would accept playing in red shirts anywhere in the South East (look how many were in favour of a move to the OS) if it meant CL football.

Back