• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

CFC - the epitome of modern football?

Long day at work.
But.... if the 39th game rears its ugly head again (which it will) & becomes successful in which direction do you think the game will go? To where the money is - where ever that maybe. Premier Leaugue teams are becoming franchises & look at what happens to franchises in the US - they play in the city that offers them the most cash.

I dont really believe it but it is not beyond the realms of possibility in the future.

No question it will be reconsidered.

I posted something recently along these lines. The NFL and NBA are experimenting with foreign games. The PL is the most global "soccer" brand, as Spain is much more about the El Firm. Several PL owners are foreigners with experience of the American franchise system: the Glazers, the Boston Scousers, Lerner, Kroenke and possibly others (the Sunderland group?). That group is disproportionately big clubs.

This issue won't do away just because we have always done something some way.

No question it will be reconsidered.

I posted something recently along these lines. The NFL and NBA are experimenting with foreign games. The PL is the most global "soccer" brand, as Spain is much more about the El Firm. Several PL owners are foreigners with experience of the American franchise system: the Glazers, the Boston Scousers, Lerner, Kroenke and possibly others (the Sunderland group?). That group is disproportionately big clubs.

This issue won't do away just because we have always done something some way.

Like a European super league, they are always going to raise their heads every now and then because the game is about money now. I hope both never happen.

Like a European super league, they are always going to raise their heads every now and then because the game is about money now. I hope both never happen.

A European Super league followed by expulsion from their domestic leagues will be death of them. Considering a lot of of those in charge at these clubs are ex-footballers, they have very little awareness of what football is about for the actual fans.

A European Super league followed by expulsion from their domestic leagues will be death of them. Considering a lot of of those in charge at these clubs are ex-footballers, they have very little awareness of what football is about for the actual fans.

I agree but I think that is the way the game is heading. The sale of rights to broadcast live games online will be the catalyst, I think.

Sigh. No, it isn't spot on at all.

We're talking Chelsea here; a club that will construct stories to get their captain off that even the judge doesn't believe, a club with a history of racist and anti-semitic chants, a club who say they have dealt with the issue internally but won't say what they did (ie, fudge all), a club who remind others to be on best behaviour but do nothing when their own do something, a club who accuse a referee of inappropriate language, and a club who then have their fans photographed making racist gestures.

They fail to grasp that when they point at others there are fingers pointing back at them, and they fail to realise that people in glass houses shouldn't throw stones.

Their house is the glassiest of glass houses yet here they are standing up for what's right one moment, accusing others the next, and being accused themselves the next. They are playing all sides of an argument they can't win.

The Adebayor song has absolutely nothing to do with this. The issue is bigger than one song, it is endemic to a club and symptomatic of the arrogant view that particular club has about itself.

David Baddiel decided to get holier than thou about the Y Word, usually reserved solely for Spurs fans in both an inclusive and divisive manner, yet when told many, many times that his own club have such a history (as well as recounting one episode where his own brother was offended by hissing noises!!!) still proceeded.

Chelsea need to get their own house in order before daring to accuse others and these incidents allow other clubs to look inward at the relatively small incidents it may encounter while being disgusted at certain elements of their own fanbase. Racism is a social issue, not just a football issue. There are racists in your workplace, in your friendship circle, in your household probably.. it is inevitable that some will support the same club as you and say or chant things that others consider in bad taste or even racist - such as the Adebayor song or the Campbell song, if you even consider them racist rather than topical, biblical, cultural, amusing, whatever, or just designed to put the player of his game - but here we have a club where disgusting behaviour runs through it top to bottom. Don't tar a few idiots with the same brush as this whole club.

Last edited:
They rally around their racist captain, yet ban fans that are found to have acted in such a way. Now they're gonna kick out that guy who looks like he's making monkey gestures, but I can almost guarantee that what those around were shouting was probably worse.

Sigh. No, it isn't spot on at all.

We're talking Chelsea here; a club that will construct stories to get their captain off that even the judge doesn't believe, a club with a history of racist and anti-semitic chants, a club who say they have dealt with the issue internally but won't say what they did (ie, fudge all), a club who remind others to be on best behaviour but do nothing when their own do something, a club who accuse a referee of inappropriate language, and a club who then have their fans photographed making racist gestures.

They fail to grasp that when they point at others there are fingers pointing back at them, and they fail to realise that people in glass houses shouldn't throw stones.

Their house is the glassiest of glass houses yet here they are standing up for what's right one moment, accusing others the next, and being accused themselves the next. They are playing all sides of an argument they can't win.

The Adebayor song has absolutely nothing to do with this. The issue is bigger than one song, it is endemic to a club and symptomatic of the arrogance that particular club has about itself.

David Baddiel decided to get holier than thou about the Y Word, usually reserved solely for Spurs fans in both an inclusive and divisive manner, yet when told many, many times that his own club have such a history (as well as recounting one episode where his own brother was offended by hissing noises!!!) still proceeded.

Chelsea need to get their own house in order before daring to accuse others and these incidents allow other clubs to look inward while being disgusted at certain elements of their own fanbase. Racism is a social issue, not just a football issue. There are racists in your workplace, in your friendship circle, in your household probably.. it is inevitable that some will support the same club as you and say or chant things that others consider in bad taste or even racist - such as the Adebayor song or the Campbell song, if you even consider them racist rather than topical or designed to put the player of his game - but here we have a club where disgusting behaviour runs through it top to bottom. Don't tar a few idiots with the same brush as this whole club.

no arguments about Chelsea, the behaviour of the club, their players and fans has been despicable over the Terry affair.

I think that the Clattenburg accusations deserve to be taken seriously and should be investigated by the FA but I agree with most that it sounds a bit fishy.

What I was saying was spot on is how we are quite willing to make any number of excuses when it is our behaviour being criticised. Although the circumstances are different, this is exactly what Liverpool and Chelsea fans have done in the last year.

A couple of moments from Chelsea-United:

1351713230524.gif

iPIY718yMWANq.gif

What I was saying was spot on is how we are quite willing to make any number of excuses when it is our behaviour being criticised. Although the circumstances are different, this is exactly what Liverpool and Chelsea fans have done in the last year.

Have we? I must have missed all that.. but it's only excusing a small number of people, it is not coming from the leaders of the club like Liverpool/Suarez and Chelsea/everything has.

Have we? I must have missed all that.. but it's only excusing a small number of people, it is not coming from the leaders of the club like Liverpool/Suarez and Chelsea/everything has.

I agree that the stances of the clubs are different.

Back