• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

cars

F-6Hy45WYAAVs-I

Dont see the issue with this, it will be mass-produced for a world market, and outside the USA no 4x4 picups can fit a bike in the back.

Dont see the issue with this, it will be mass-produced for a world market, and outside the USA no 4x4 picups can fit a bike in the back.

Apparently it won't be allowed in the EU in its current design.. Tesla of course are claiming the demand in the USA is so huge they don't have the capacity to ship anywhere else yet.

You're wrong on both points. In its current form it's not within EU regulations in terms of pedestrian safety, and various other stuff, such as hight of lights etc., so it's not getting to Europe any time soon.
Secondly, lots of pickups have space for a bike in the back.

On another not. Never seen an American ride a bike, nor do I think the bike would want an American to ride it....

Weren't Tesla also supposed to be making a smaller, cheaper car for the masses? Whatever happened to that?

Weren't Tesla also supposed to be making a smaller, cheaper car for the masses? Whatever happened to that?
Just get a second hand one - the bottom has fallen out of EV cars with so many for sale in the UK. Teslas from 15k…

Edit: this has less than 20,000 miles, crazy how prices have halved in a year. Upper Holloway, probably a gooners car :rolleyes:

Last edited:
Just get a second hand one - the bottom has fallen out of EV cars with so many for sale in the UK. Teslas from 15k…

Edit: this has less than 20,000 miles, crazy how prices have halved in a year. Upper Holloway, probably a gooners car :rolleyes:

Buy 2nd hand yes, just don't buy a Tesla. Awful build quality and even worse customer support and service!

I should be getting my C40 delivered this week or next… they are still being vague
will be interesting to see real life mileage in a big ish EV

I should be getting my C40 delivered this week or next… they are still being vague
will be interesting to see real life mileage in a big ish EV
Good car. It's a bit more hungry for electricity than the specs suggest. Only thing that I was disappointed with, was that unless the asphalt was super smooth, the noise from tyres/road was pretty bad!

Good car. It's a bit more hungry for electricity than the specs suggest. Only thing that I was disappointed with, was that unless the asphalt was super smooth, the noise from tyres/road was pretty bad!

It is partly the relative silence of the car? That you notice the tyres noise because there is nothing else making a sound?

I noticed that on the test drive
But it was much more for comfortable than the polestar which was my other front runner

It is partly the relative silence of the car? That you notice the tyres noise because there is nothing else making a sound?
Partly, but it was significantly more noisy than other cars I've tried, including my own BMW 225xe, which isn't very quiet when it comes to tyre noise.
That said, the asphalt here is very rough, due to a lot of wear from studded tyres, so on smoother surfaces it's not a problem.

Partly, but it was significantly more noisy than other cars I've tried, including my own BMW 225xe, which isn't very quiet when it comes to tyre noise.
That said, the asphalt here is very rough, due to a lot of wear from studded tyres, so on smoother surfaces it's not a problem.

The weight of all these cars (EV and ICE) doesn't help. So much more friction when cars are 2 tonnes or more. EVs should be silent and serene. That is one of their biggest assets. Can't wait until they make EVs that are lighter. See the Merc above, one of a kind at the moment, but can go 1000 miles on a charge. Mainly because it is so light. With battery tech set to leap forwards maybe we'll see some exciting improvements over the next decade.

The weight of all these cars (EV and ICE) doesn't help. So much more friction when cars are 2 tonnes or more. EVs should be silent and serene. That is one of their biggest assets. Can't wait until they make EVs that are lighter. See the Merc above, one of a kind at the moment, but can go 1000 miles on a charge. Mainly because it is so light. With battery tech set to leap forwards maybe we'll see some exciting improvements over the next decade.
Ideally an alternative to EV

Ideally an alternative to EV

E-fuels, hydrogen (which uses an EV engine) are not completely dead. But it does seem as though EVs are the future as things stand. It is sad for those who enjoyed driving. As current EVs are simply not as engaging as ICE cars. But even modern ICE cars have become cumbersome (big and heavy) auto wind tunnel designed and a little souless. In London the size of all new cars now doesn't fit the space. I loved jumping in my naughties BMW for its size alone.

Last edited:
E-fuels, hydrogen (which uses an EV engine) are not complete dead. But it does seem as though EVs are the future as things stand. It is sad for those who enjoyed driving. As current EVs are simply not as engaging as ICE cars. But even modern ICE cars have become cumbersome (big and heavy) auto wind tunnel designed and a little souless. In London the size of all new cars now doesn't fit the space. I loved jumping in my naughties BMW for its size alone.
Yeah can’t argue with any of that

Back