• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Carroll to start over Parker at Swansea?

I've not seen Carroll today, but I'll hazard a guess that the team were that flat, void of ideas and couldnt give a brick, that Carroll may have stood out, heck even Livermore may have looked decent today.

You sir are a macaron. You call Caroll a "Child who offers nothing" and then say that you didnt see his performance today. c u next tuesday mate.

You sir are a macaron. You call Caroll a "Child who offers nothing" and then say that you didnt see his performance today. c u next tuesday mate.

You're reported for the abuse

1. I'm not your mate
2. I dont need to see carroll at every opportunity to know he is not good enough for our midfield.

1. I'm not your mate
2. I dont need to see carroll at every opportunity to know he is not good enough for our midfield.

Go cry to the internet police you mug.

People like you are the biggest knobheads of the highest order. Criticize a player without even seeing him play.

Go cry to the internet police you mug.

People like you are the biggest knobheads of the highest order. Criticize a player without even seeing him play.

winner1.gif

The reason people want to see Carroll or Holtby, is not because of the incisiveness of their passing. Rather their decision making in playing the pass and helping the attacking flow of the game is superior to Parker's. Besides, Parker has all but lost the defensive side of the game, which is what we needed him for. You might as well stick some fresher legs who can pass in there.

I think Parker has tried to expand the attacking side of his game since he has returned and thats why he looks so bad now,lol, tell him to stay in our half and play a strict DM role which he still can do well then we can play Carroll and see if he can make a difference, its a big ask though.

I think Parker has tried to expand the attacking side of his game since he has returned and thats why he looks so bad now,lol, tell him to stay in our half and play a strict DM role which he still can do well then we can play Carroll and see if he can make a difference, its a big ask though.

I don't think he's doing that because he's been asked too. Last year he did the same when we had Modric. He was constantly trying to take the initiative himself and take the ball from modric and push further upfield than his more attacking partner. I just think Parker plays his own game regardless of the instructions he is given.

I agree with Carroll to start. Parker looks mentally fatigued to me. He's just not playing with any football intelligence and for me needs to be taken out of the team and put on the bench for a break. I also think his defensive side has dropped off a little now but Dembele has helped mask this. I would prefer he play to his strengths and stay as a holder. His runs up field are starting to look a little comical to me as I know with 95% certainty that they will result in loss of possession.

A Carroll/Dembele partnership is worth a try at this stage. They would retain possession well and have a bit of attacking guile also.

Not quite sure on the people who don't think he's going to be good enough. What does this mean exactly?

Are we talking, he's not going to be good enough to start for us? He's not going to be good enough to win trophies? He's not going to be good enough to come on during a match and play his part? Not going to be good enough to be in our squad?

I see players who have shown far less then Carroll and Livermore walking about with winners medals from various competitions. When you are at the top of the league it is far more of a squad game than mid or lower table.

My two cents? Carroll has shown in his sub appearances that he will likely be a premiership standard player. Whether or not it will be with us is an entirely different question.

I don't think he's doing that because he's been asked too. Last year he did the same when we had Modric. He was constantly trying to take the initiative himself and take the ball from modric and push further upfield than his more attacking partner. I just think Parker plays his own game regardless of the instructions he is given.

=D> Spot on

1. I'm not your mate

I know you like to be controversial, it isn't surprising that someone has responded like that to your comments, you were asking for it tbh...

Anyway, to comment on this thread with such certainly you most definitely have to have seen this game.

To this point, Carroll has looked promising but has not shown that he definitely has a future at the club, he has looked frail and inconsistent for a 20 year-old. Against Fulham he entered a game where we were losing and none of our players could create - the creative burden was on his inexperienced shoulders. In such a situation, especially with his slight frame, he might have been bossed out of the game. But no, he took it by the scruff on the neck, retained possession well and consistently made dangerous forward passes. Something everyone else seemed reluctant to do.

Perhaps he is not yet good enough to come on such a situation and significantly change the game - to contribute to a goal - and his forward passes were by no means perfect. But this game showed that in 5 years time, if he hones his skills, he has the potential to control and win games even in tough situations.

If you didn't see it, you wouldn't know that, and would have no basis upon which to form such outrageously definitive comments.

I know you like to be controversial, it isn't surprising that someone has responded like that to your comments, you were asking for it tbh...

Anyway, to comment on this thread with such certainly you most definitely have to have seen this game.

To this point, Carroll has looked promising but has not shown that he definitely has a future at the club, he has looked frail and inconsistent for a 20 year-old. Against Fulham he entered a game where we were losing and none of our players could create - the creative burden was on his inexperienced shoulders. In such a situation, especially with his slight frame, he might have been bossed out of the game. But no, he took it by the scruff on the neck, retained possession well and consistently made dangerous forward passes. Something everyone else seemed reluctant to do.

Perhaps he is not yet good enough to come on such a situation and significantly change the game - to contribute to a goal - and his forward passes were by no means perfect. But this game showed that in 5 years time, if he hones his skills, he has the potential to control and win games even in tough situations.

If you didn't see it, you wouldn't know that, and would have no basis upon which to form such outrageously definitive comments.

The single biggest issue with Tom Carroll right now is his team-mates. They need to trust him. They need to give him the ball quickly. And they need to move better to receive passes. When he first came on he was getting the ball quickly and prompting some questions with his incisive passing. Then, for some reason, Parker again started to hold onto the ball/dribble with it 15 yards before turning and passing, that sort of thing. But if they trust him,I think he can deliver...

Being controversial (in your opinion) hardly warrants to be abused. Nothing deserves abuse, its taken me a while to get that through my own thick skull at times. I'm sure a mod will be around to clarify this.

I actually agree with a lot of what you have said, I'll add...there is nothing encouraging from him, his direct facing passes are an annoyance, being in the middle of the park he has to work towards goal at times too, he cant tackle, is slow as treacle and is light as a feather. He is a brick Jermaine Jenas. I cringe at both him and Livermore coming in to our first 11.

Do not get hung up on a decent few mins from him... he is turning into a Holtby (who is also brick) who makes a dangerous pass and is the best thing since sliced bread. Stop and think, can you imagine a Holtby, Carroll, Livermore midfield ? I think a little bit of sick just came up there. My point is that we have Dembele and Sandro as the midfield 2. Parker and Hudd as backups. In order to strengthen that... we buy, we dont put in a boy who quite frankly is dog brick on the off chance some supporters think he will do well.

to be fair, I think most of you are on a wind up anyway, you cant actually be serious.

Being controversial (in your opinion) hardly warrants to be abused. Nothing deserves abuse, its taken me a while to get that through my own thick skull at times. I'm sure a mod will be around to clarify this.

I actually agree with a lot of what you have said, I'll add...there is nothing encouraging from him, his direct facing passes are an annoyance, being in the middle of the park he has to work towards goal at times too, he cant tackle, is slow as treacle and is light as a feather. He is a brick Jermaine Jenas. I cringe at both him and Livermore coming in to our first 11.

Do not get hung up on a decent few mins from him... he is turning into a Holtby (who is also brick) who makes a dangerous pass and is the best thing since sliced bread. Stop and think, can you imagine a Holtby, Carroll, Livermore midfield ? I think a little bit of sick just came up there. My point is that we have Dembele and Sandro as the midfield 2. Parker and Hudd as backups. In order to strengthen that... we buy, we dont put in a boy who quite frankly is dog brick on the off chance some supporters think he will do well.

to be fair, I think most of you are on a wind up anyway, you cant actually be serious.

That actually did make a little bit of sick come up.

There's more talent in hudds left testicle than Carroll will ever have in his whole body.

I'm curious where he's been hiding it for the past year.

On recent form (this year) i see no reason Thudd should be in front of Carroll. Thudd is even worse defensively and as mobile as a greased brick.

Last edited:
Isn't football a team game, where it is the strength of your squad that makes the difference? At the moment our squad looks tired and devoid of ideas. If the likes of Holtby and Carroll can come on and make a difference, then why shouldn't we embrace their exuberance and freshness.

Also, the only chance a player like Carroll (or Holtby) has to improve is by getting some decent game time. What this also does is increase the hunger in some of the more senior members of the squad, so I would give these younger players a go against the likes of Swansea and Wigan?

I'm curious where he's been hiding it for the past year.

On recent form (this year) i see no reason Thudd should be in front of Carroll. Thudd is even worse defensively and as mobile as a greased brick.

re: Caroll...If you are looking for 2 yd passes in the direction the player is facing with being completely incapable of turning around and facing the way were playing, absolutely non existent crossing abilities or cant even get into that area to cross the ball, offers nothing at free kicks and with there being more chance of seeing the tooth fairy than a Tom Carroll goal then by all means, play him. I'll gladly say I told you so.

Back