• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Cards on the table, what would YOUR next starting 11 be?

Assuming all is fit. I would go all out for the UEFA Cup.

-----------------------Lloris------------------------
Walker-------Kaboul---------Vertonghen--------Rose
---------------------Sandro------------------------
-------------Eriksen-------- Dembele----------------
----Lennon----------------------------Townsend----
--------------------Adebayor-----------------------

Soldado is playing too bad. Bench.
Paulinhio is not contributing. Dropped to bench.
Benteleb could do with a break. Dropped to bench.
Chadli is Rubbish. Bench.
Lamela has not proven anything yet and we need to win. Bench
Capoue looks like a lost chicken running around. Bench.

At Home

Lloris

Walker Kaboul Verts Rose

Sandro Eriksen

Lamela Sig Townsend

Soldado
Away

Lloris

Walker Kaboul Verts Rose

Sandro Dembele

Lamela Eriksen Lennon

Ade​

I know what you mean Steff, I feel lost with Spurs right now.

Such a frustrating set of players, brilliant in some ways and cack in others. Each one is really great at some things but can't pass or run or defend or score. We just need to find a system.

It feels like we're playing Nasri right wing, Yaya up front, Milner as AM, Clichy left wing... we are just SLIGHTLY off but the cumulative effect is very poor.

I tried to decide who will give us passing and assists and goals to link up with Adebayor and am coming up short

Dembele is brilliant but can't pass 10 yards to assist, so what is the point of all his clever play?
Townsend ruins attacks by hogging it so he destroys the team buildup and morale
Lennon has decided not to be a winger, rendering him pointless and a real waste of buildup as we spend the whole time trying to get it to him, then he gives it right back and we start again trying to ...er... give it back to him... I mean what the hell?

I like Eriksen and he has to be in there, a clever player
Chadli could be good but is a very safe player, he doesn't turn on that extra bit of spark, very vanilla

I like Soldado's build up play but boy can he miss a chance
Paulinho is getting goals for us but is not contributing enough elsewhere, terrible against Norwich
A lot of us think Lamela could be a great but as the weeks go by it looks less and less likely so forget about him for now
Is Sigggg dead, can't remember
I like Bentaleb, seemed low against Norwich, maybe he's busted his flush.
Holtby and Livermore not available to choose

Maybe the solution is to forget a traditional set up and just play lots of these players and hope one of them scores

Back 4 with Sandro in front
Eriksen Soldado ??? ???
............Adebayor

Gah we have so many players but... they are so flawed. Maybe stick in Dembele and tell him to pass the bloody thing sometimes.

I want some width but they are so frustrating. Pick whichever one would promise to stay wide the entire match, which is probably Chadli ffs. Dear me.

Very very difficult. If I could rely on Kaboul to be fit he would be in but just can't at the moment.
Fryers is an unknown quantity at LB, Naughton is appalling back there so Rose gets in by default I'm afraid. If Verthongen wouldn't throw a hissy fit then he'd shift to LB.
Midfield and attack...very difficult.
Capoue is hit and miss, Bentaleb is much better when he doesn't have as much defensive responsibility. When he is playing as the holding midfielder he inevitably loses runners due to his lack of experience. That said he probably brings the most in terms of passing and tempo to the team and given Dembele's horror show at Norwich I'd probably keep Bentaleb in.
I have panned Soldado but I think we have to throw him back in for the next 2 home games. Lightens up midfield a little but need to see Eriksen back in there - again just to bring some tempo and creativity.
Lennon is by far the best winger we have at the moment. Chadli and Townsend aren't at the races.

---------------Lloris
Walker---Dawson---Verthongen---Rose

---------Sandro-----Bentaleb

Lennon-----------------------Eriksen

---------Ade-------Soldado

I'd go

——————HUGO—————
KW——Jan———Kaboul——Rose (ugh)
———Sandro———Paulinho———
Lamela———Adebayor———Eriksen (drifting central)
—————Soldado——————

That attacking four could be devastating, as they are four intelligent, multi-talented footballers who like to play 1 touch (maybe not Ade). It allows Paulinho to resume his late run/box-to-box natural home and gets Sandro doing what he does best.

This is the best X1 we have at the club, to me, and it's sad that we probably haven't seen one minute of them all on the same pitch. Considering we'll probably lose Jan and Hugo this summer, I could imagine us lining up something like this next year.

——Replacement Goalkeeper (Navas of Levante?)——
KW———Kaboul———Big Vlad——Coentrao
——Sandro————Paulinho———
Lamela———Ade———Eriksen
————Soldado——————

Plus 60/70 million from Jan, Hugo, Rose, and posssssibly Dembele in the bank. Wouldn't be mad about that.

I remember that when we bought Soldado we all assumed that he would bang in goals but contribute nothing with his build up play. Funny now that he's doing a lot to help create chances but he can't score

Clemence
Perryman Miller Roberts HIghton
Villa Hoddle Ardiles Galvin
Archibald Crooks

Sub Hazrd

That was the lineup for my first Spurs match and the reason why I support them now. Complete bastards the lot of them for putting me through all this ;)

-------------Lloris----------------
Walker - Kaboul - Vertonghen - Rose
-------Sandro---Dembele-------
Lennon -------------------Eriksen
------Soldado-----Adebayor------

(assuming Sandro is fit)

4-3-3

- - - - - - - - - - - Lloris - - - - - - - - - - -
- Walker - Chiriches - Vertonghen - Rose -
- - - - - - Sandro - - Dembele - - - - - - -
- - - - - - - - - Paulhino - - - - - - - - - -
- - - Lamela - - - - - - - - - Eriksen - - -
- - - - - - - - - Adebayor - - - - - - - -

I'd go with that but Dembele in for Invisibilinho.

yeah, thinking about it you're probably right there - i think he's suffering from playing continuously for such a long period of time - If im not mistaken he played a full season in Brazil and then came straight in to preseason at Spurs and carried on without much of a break. i think we'll see a better/more consistent player next season - and his goal scoring will ultimately put him in front of Demebele for me.

All fit

Lloris

Walker, Kaboul, Vert, Rose (very tempted to go Fryers here)
Sandro
Lennon, Paulinho, Eriksen
Ade, Soldado

For the next game, I guess no Sandro and likely no Kaboul

Such a frustrating set of players, brilliant in some ways and cack in others. Each one is really great at some things but can't pass or run or defend or score. We just need to find a system.

It feels like we're playing Nasri right wing, Yaya up front, Milner as AM, Clichy left wing... we are just SLIGHTLY off but the cumulative effect is very poor.

I tried to decide who will give us passing and assists and goals to link up with Adebayor and am coming up short

Dembele is brilliant but can't pass 10 yards to assist, so what is the point of all his clever play?
Lennon has decided not to be a winger, rendering him pointless and a real waste of buildup as we spend the whole time trying to get it to him, then he gives it right back and we start again trying to ...er... give it back to him... I mean what the hell?

Chadli could be good but is a very safe player, he doesn't turn on that extra bit of spark, very vanilla

Paulinho is getting goals for us but is not contributing enough elsewhere, terrible against Norwich
A lot of us think Lamela could be a great but as the weeks go by it looks less and less likely so forget about him for now

Maybe the solution is to forget a traditional set up and just play lots of these players and hope one of them scores

Eriksen Soldado ??? ???
............Adebayor

Gah we have so many players but... they are so flawed. Maybe stick in Dembele and tell him to pass the bloody thing sometimes.

I want some width but they are so frustrating. Pick whichever one would promise to stay wide the entire match, which is probably Chadli ffs. Dear me.

Yes mate…yes indeed…I don't know why, but Sunday really, really got to me...

Assuming all is fit. I would go all out for the UEFA Cup.

-----------------------Lloris------------------------
Walker-------Kaboul---------Vertonghen--------Rose
---------------------Sandro------------------------
-------------Eriksen-------- Dembele----------------
----Lennon----------------------------Townsend----
--------------------Adebayor-----------------------

Soldado is playing too bad. Bench.
Paulinhio is not contributing. Dropped to bench.
Benteleb could do with a break. Dropped to bench.
Chadli is Rubbish. Bench.
Lamela has not proven anything yet and we need to win. Bench
Capoue looks like a lost chicken running around. Bench.

Hard to disagree with anything there. If Cheriches is fit, I would play him with Kaboul in the middle and may move Verts out to left back ( where I believe he will be playing for Belgium). Not by any means ideal or a long term solution and I know he doesn't really want to be there but it might help him get his mojo back if TS can sell it to him as World Cup practice. Anyway, I think he might be less of a liability there than at CB at the moment and this solution gets rid of Rose and solidifies us in the centre of defense where we are so poor at the moment. It would also enable us the option of going three at the back and allow Walker to bomb on.

Yes mate…yes indeed…I don't know why, but Sunday really, really got to me...

Me too. Probably even more depressed with that than the hammerings for some reason I can't really figure.

Apparently, i heard on tv that of our seven defeats this season, five have come after European Thursdays. Can't anyone see the obvious correlation here?

I said before the Dnipro match, TS should have selected the team for Norwich, then left them ALL of them at home and play the remainder. If necessary, we could then rectify a poor result at home when we get a second chance, while there would be no second chances against Norwich. When will we ever learn?

Sorry immmmmm why does quite a few people have Soldado in the starting X1 in place of Ade?

Personally I think he'd be more on the same wavelength as the two Eriks if we were using them.

Ade's better when we don't have much possession, Soldado would be better if we started getting more possession.

Eriksen Soldado ??? ???
............Adebayor

Agree with you Bullet, Spurs is just perplexing at the moment.

On balance, I would have Townsend as the last piece in your team. We need some width, directness and even the occasional useless shot - one might go in one day!

Back