• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Can't understand this?

Roy1983

Edward Sheringham
I was watching that obsessive compulsive cleaners programme tonight and they mentioned that graffiti cost the economy £1 billion per year?!?!! I don't see how. Might be one reason our economy is so shot.

Anyone understand this??

This is something unemployed should be doing IMO until they are given a job whilst on JSA.

I can't see how it costs a single penny?... I don't see anyone bothering to try and get rid of it!

Unless your talking a billion in spray paint sales :-"

i've done no research over this, its solely based on the graffiti I see on a daily basis, in my opinion, just leave it, i'd rather see something a bit creative than a bare concrete wall, there are obviously some that should be painted over for various reasons but most of it isn't hurting anybody

some great example's here

http://streetartlondon.co.uk

I do mean graffiti and not tagging, although to be fair, whomever Tox is they have a hell of a work ethic

The tax being paid on the sale of the paint pays for it however I suspect these loonies are talking about the intangible costs I.e looks scary so people wont go and shop there

Some rough maths then.....

Population of the UK = 60 000 000
Average town size = say 20 000
Number of towns in the UK = 3 000
Number of full time graffiti cleaners each town could use = 3?
Average salary of a graffiti cleaner = £1000000000 / (3000 * 30) = £111,111

Nice work if you can get it :)

Maybe they were refering to Bansky and the recent attempts of people trying to steal his work for a quick buck.

Back