• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Canning Town Bingo Club

@Mickey_WHU serious Q Mickey, how's the general mood around the new stadium now you are almost there, are people happy with the layout and distances and the general renting situation
Personally, buzzing about it ATM. I went to one of the rugby world cup matches there last year, so have no qualms about the view or the atmosphere that can be created.

anyone concerned about the long term?
It's West Ham, I'm always concerned! ;)

What have I written that indicates otherwise Mickey?.... Do you disagree and feel that your performances in Europe against some very small clubs have been a credit to the club?
No it was just the fact that your post started off sounding quite sincere but then ended with a crafty old dig. ;)

Mickey - to go back to your peformance against the Slovenians last night (I assume you watched it?). Did it concern you at all? It looked to me as though you played more long ball football than you did under Allardyce (and I know that he was generally very unpopular amongst your fans because of his style of play) Also your right back was bad.... almost comedy bad... Is he unfit, a poor player or was it just one of those bad nights that every player has once in a while?

Mickey - to go back to your peformance against the Slovenians last night (I assume you watched it?). Did it concern you at all? It looked to me as though you played more long ball football than you did under Allardyce (and I know that he was generally very unpopular amongst your fans because of his style of play) Also your right back was bad.... almost comedy bad... Is he unfit, a poor player or was it just one of those bad nights that every player has once in a while?
Would be lying if I said it was not a little concerning, but luckily we have next week to try and rectify it. Antonio is exceptional as a winger but Slav is now insisting on playing him at RB which is a little perplexing. Far from a poor player though. Like Bilic said, the squad is looking very thin ATM, and the injury to Cresswell is an almighty blow so we need to start bringing in players pronto. We, like you have already pointed out, did poorly in the qualifying rounds last year, and ended up finishing the season with our highest ever PL points total, so no need to push the panic button just yet.

Last edited:
Would be lying if I said it was not a little concerning, but luckily we have next week to try and rectify it. Antonio is exceptional as a winger but Slav is now insisting on playing him at RB which is a little perplexing. Far from a poor player though. Like Bilic said, the squad is looking very thin ATM, and the injury to Cresswell is an almighty blow so we need to start bringing in players pronto. We, like you have already pointed out, did poorly in the qualifying rounds last year, and ended up finishing the season with our highest ever PL points total, so no need to push the panic button just yet.
I think if Billic persists on playing Antonio at right back then a lot of opponents will look to target that side, positionally he is all over the place and doesn't seem to know when to attack the ball and when to drop off. It may be that he can become an effective attacking right back in time, but I don't think you can afford him to learn on the job.

Regarding the Europa League. I think it is essential if you want the club to continue to move forward in the pack that you do qualify and play in the competition proper this season. You are now at that level from where it is extremely difficult to push on from. Bigger and better than the midtable clubs, but still a long way from the big boys, I know that you have been after good players such as Lacazette, Batshuayi and Bacca but none of them have had any desire to join West Ham, I would imagine that is probably because you haven't got recent history of playing at european level. If you can qualify for European competition for 2 or 3 years in a row then you tend to find that players like those would be more willing to join and help you push on further.

The gift that keeps on giving :)

ejzwch.jpg

Apparently TIW is Thames Iron Works, and the design echoes that original kit. If it was priced lower it would sell really well as lots of Wet Spam fans like a bit of English Bulldog St George Tattooed on the Calf... but GHod knows why they priced it so high.

I just struggle to keep up with all the names... Irons, Thames Iron Works, Wet Spam, Boleyn, Upton Park, London United, Olympic Park, Taxpayers FC...

I saw a bloke this morning with a retro West Ham shirt with AC⚡️DC where the sponsors logo would be, is that a thing?

I saw a bloke this morning with a retro West Ham shirt with AC⚡️DC where the sponsors logo would be, is that a thing?

i know that Iron Maiden are big west ham fans and you get a lot of crossover merchandise - not sure about AC DC though

Back