• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Canning Town Bingo Club

Just a mess of a club really, the move has killed them an any prospects they have.

As a middle of the road team all they had was their affinity to Upton Park and rather than work their way out of debt and improve the stadium the owners took the short cut to increase their own dividend and sold their stadium.

Its a bad reflection on the game when a top Premier League side like West Ham don't own their stadium and likely will never own their own ground ever again. How is that progress.
Let's not get carried away.

The owners are laughing but the supports are certainly not, and in ever greater numbers. I almost feel sorry for them (almost!).
Hopefully they will continue to fail and fall down the Premier League to the bottom, into the Championship for a few years, then down into League One and onwards into League Two before a fall into lower and lower leagues before being broken up and sold for firewood, struck from the history books and burned at the stake.

Hopefully they will continue to fail and fall down the Premier League to the bottom, into the Championship for a few years, then down into League One and onwards into League Two before a fall into lower and lower leagues before being broken up and sold for firewood, struck from the history books and burned at the stake.
Be quite nice if they spent a couple of seasons along the way in the same division as their real rivals Millwall...

Whatever happened to a night down the stake for a good old burning.Them were the days.

The move was dressed up as an attempt to climb the football ladder, which is of course is what all clubs aspire to, but I think history will show the move as a massive mistake that may sink the club into footballing obscurity. The owners are laughing but the supports are certainly not, and in ever greater numbers. I almost feel sorry for them (almost!). I think the best they can hope for is to maintain their PL status and ride the gravy train for as long as it lasts. If they fall into the championship they are in big trouble.

Anybody go to the game and can comment on the atmosphere/surroundings?

I went last season and travelling to and away from the stadium was awful - felt like it took an age to get to Stratford after the game (left early too so there was it wasn't a busy walk) especially as there is fudge all between the stadium and the station, just one long walk through a conrcete jungle, no pubs or restaurants or shops even to break it up. Came through Hackney Wick on the way there which has a few good bars but is still a fair old walk.

Stadium itself wasn't as bad as I expected but not somewhere I could imagine having as a home a ground, just a bit soulless really

Being at West Ham has scrambled his brain, he was a very good manager at Croatia and when he had a settled side and structure, West Ham do not provide him that platform and he just is not the man to create that bubble where its settled inside, like Sam would do or a Pulis love them or hate them where they can separate the mess from the team.

He seems fried
I don't think he seems particularly good as a manager. Something I have always thought is that his team do not have a style of play. They are sort of long ball, without committing fully to it and sort of counter attacking without being disciplined enough to commit to that fully. They also have a terrible defensive record, which I think reflects poorly on a manager.

Ffs some of you need a little rooster-ney education ...

He meant to say " owite me old china plate"
Err that was my intention, new best China = new best mate. I thought the whole point was you don't use the second word so only those in the know would understand.

http://kumb.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=169542&st=0&sk=t&sd=a&start=900

Pretty much,they were a mid table team for a good 15 yrs,till 10 yrs ago.I think Martin jol was the start of their resurgence,coupled with an obvious plan to buy younger players and invest in academy and training ground.There really isno reason we couldn't mirror what they've done.Essentially we are similar size clubs.And I never said we we were rubbish yesterday,we were containing them well.But that's all it was until they scored,apart from Arnie run we never looked a threat.

In what fudging sense are we similar size clubs?

Back