• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Canning Town Bingo Club

Definitely serious, but at first glance not a very complex case to investigate. The timing just seems suspicious, straight after the end to the season.

Agreed about doing it - it's just stupid for someone already on massive wages, at least compared to most ordinary people.

I'm guessing if he's been charged they have pretty strong evidence. Probably some big bets on a card in Brazil or something like that.

Weren’t the rumours that the bets were placed using Betway (WH short sponsors) via multiple accounts all linked to him (family members) with maximum bets placed on the yellow cards.

Definitely serious, but at first glance not a very complex case to investigate. The timing just seems suspicious, straight after the end to the season.

Agreed about doing it - it's just stupid for someone already on massive wages, at least compared to most ordinary people.
No idea what the regulations are on this. But would assume that part of what they would have to prove is intent. Depending how he went about allegedly doing it and what trail there is of that it can be complicated I think. If there are other people involved as well...

This kind of thing always takes much longer than one would think from the outside.

And yes, definitely serious. And the seriousness of it probably adds to the burden of evidence and thus time spent.

A Reading player recently got 12 years (I think) for getting friends to bet on him to get yellow cards. Paqueta has gone from Pep trying to sign him to 'probably' never playing again!

It's pretty serious, directly affecting the game. What if that yellow was upgraded to a red, or he was subbed off due to the booking and the sub affected the match etc.

The clips make it look really blatant in retrospect.

Bigger question is why bother doing it, he's got to be on 100K a week minimum, probably 150K. Just pure greed.
Probably to make money for friends and relatives putting bets on, rather than primarily himself?

Probably to make money for friends and relatives putting bets on, rather than primarily himself?

But how much are they making out of it, he's rich enough to just give them 50K for example. Either way a real dumb move with the technology around today that can monitor it.

Not often i agree with keown. But why do betting companies allow these sort of bets? Yellow cards, throwins.. it opens it up for manipulation.

I’m not a gambler but I imagine a lot of it is for multi bets. Easy to stack up a bunch of cheap bets this way.

Back