• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Canning Town Bingo Club

been out of football for a decade according to wikipedia?

Would seem Wikipedia is wrong:

West Ham have confirmed the appointment of Mario Husillos as their director of football.

The 59-year-old left his role as Malaga sporting director a week ago.

The Argentine had a long playing career, including time at Boca Juniors and Malaga, before moving into management at Almagro.

He eventually coached the Malaga B side before moving into the sporting director role, where he worked with new West Ham manager Manuel Pellegrini when the Chilean was at the club.

Husillos told the West Ham website: "I am very excited. West Ham United is a club with huge ambition. The challenge to help deliver that ambition is what really attracted me to the role.

"I know the manager well and know he wants to deliver an exciting brand of attacking football. It will be my job to supply him with the tools to do just that.

"I am very much looking forward to working with Manuel Pellegrini again. We had great success together at Malaga, reaching the Champions League, and he is someone that I have huge respect for.

"I have seen West Ham play many times before. The fans are very passionate and close to the team, and I hope we can give them a team to be proud of next season."

On the face of it a good move for West Ham, giving the manager the structure he wants.

Of course, "on the face of it" is usually about as far as these things go with them!

Would seem Wikipedia is wrong:

West Ham have confirmed the appointment of Mario Husillos as their director of football.

The 59-year-old left his role as Malaga sporting director a week ago.

The Argentine had a long playing career, including time at Boca Juniors and Malaga, before moving into management at Almagro.

He eventually coached the Malaga B side before moving into the sporting director role, where he worked with new West Ham manager Manuel Pellegrini when the Chilean was at the club.

Husillos told the West Ham website: "I am very excited. West Ham United is a club with huge ambition. The challenge to help deliver that ambition is what really attracted me to the role.

"I know the manager well and know he wants to deliver an exciting brand of attacking football. It will be my job to supply him with the tools to do just that.

"I am very much looking forward to working with Manuel Pellegrini again. We had great success together at Malaga, reaching the Champions League, and he is someone that I have huge respect for.

"I have seen West Ham play many times before. The fans are very passionate and close to the team, and I hope we can give them a team to be proud of next season."

On the face of it a good move for West Ham, giving the manager the structure he wants.

Of course, "on the face of it" is usually about as far as these things go with them!

ah, he'd moved upstairs, right

They're obsessed with GK's. Can't understand why they didn't stick with Adrian and Randolph? They're both better than Hart and Fabianski!
Randolph would make the odd outstanding save but was generally pretty dodgy. We actually did very well getting as much as £5m from 'boro for him. Agree that he was better than Hart - not that difficult, mind! I've never had an issue with Adrian, more than capable IMO, but can't see him sticking around to play second fiddle again. If we were going to bring in someone like Pope or Butland then I could understand, but really don't feel as though Fabianski is an upgrade on what we already have.

Chicarito is going to have a good world cup, maybe he'll start a few games for them next season.

HAMMERS NEXT FOR JACK?

West Ham are interested in signing Jack Wheelchair, according to Sky sources.

Sky sources understand the Hammers are one of a number of clubs that are keen on the 26-year-old midfielder.

Wheelchair confirmed earlier this week he would be leaving Arsenalwhen his contract expires on July 1.

The least surprising link in history?

I watched the Iron Men documentary on Sky Sports, the one about the last days at Upton Park. It was a pile of brickus. It was all sadness and tears and memories of Upton Park with a finishing seamless move to the Olympic Stadium, I thought I was watching the alternative ending or something? The one that did not include all the rows, infighting and not being able to see the game etc

Amazingly deluded.

It did tinkle me off (still does sometimes) but I cant help but find it amusing now.

No matter what PR spin they put around it, the whole thing has been a disaster.

Now all the trouble has died down (for now, at least) they are still stuck in a brickhole stadium nobody likes, and never will. There is nothing they can do to make it better.

You wait until ours is revealed, the green eyed monster will rear its ugly head in Stratford (as well as Lower Holloway and Fulham!) and be most entertaining.

Amazingly deluded.

It did tinkle me off (still does sometimes) but I cant help but find it amusing now.

No matter what PR spin they put around it, the whole thing has been a disaster.

Now all the trouble has died down (for now, at least) they are still stuck in a brickhole stadium nobody likes, and never will. There is nothing they can do to make it better.

You wait until ours is revealed, the green eyed monster will rear its ugly head in Stratford (as well as Lower Holloway and Fulham!) and be most entertaining.

The issues for them will be and always wil be that the stadium will never be theirs. And as a result all the issues the fans have will never be resolved, so you can try and make them feel all the lot better by making big name signings and managers but one loss at home to burnley and those lot are gonna explode

The issues for them will be and always wil be that the stadium will never be theirs. And as a result all the issues the fans have will never be resolved, so you can try and make them feel all the lot better by making big name signings and managers but one loss at home to burnley and those lot are gonna explode

I can see a day where they DO own the stadium, as at some point it will be politically more attractive to offload the burden from the public purse.
But without significant investment (or a rich sugar daddy new owner) what they can do with it will always be limited.

I can see a day where they DO own the stadium, as at some point it will be politically more attractive to offload the burden from the public purse.
But without significant investment (or a rich sugar daddy new owner) what they can do with it will always be limited.

Nah - Westfield will outbid them, with support from DL. Who wants a prime shopping site disrupted by Hammertits on a regular basis ?

Nah - Westfield will outbid them, with support from DL. Who wants a prime shopping site disrupted by Hammertits on a regular basis ?

They've got their 99 year lease, so that gives them some protection, regardless of the owner. Anything can be re-negotiated of course, but there would have to be something significant in it for the dildo brothers to give that up.

Protection, but if the status is to change then the oewners would need to get the best deal.

CTFC may welcome an eviction to get back to their recent roots.

There could be but apparently the only thing they can do is knock it down and start again, apparently that was what levy was going to do

There could be but apparently the only thing they can do is knock it down and start again, apparently that was what levy was going to do

Yep, that was our bid first time, before the process had to be re-run and keeping the running track was clarified as been part of the "legacy" requirement.
Even if knocking it down and starting from scratch became a possibility one day, for now it is something far in the future. They are stuck with what they have for a long time.

I was talking to a Spam fan a few weeks back. He hates Spurs. He was questioning me about the new stadium - is it true you are going to be really close to the pitch? Is it true bricks from the old stadium are being used in the new stadium? Is it true...
He was so envious and depressed. Not in a begrudging way to us. Rather totally despondent at what they have to put up with.
I almost felt sorry for him. Almost.

I still, to this day, believe Levys plan was the better one.

Thats not Spurs tinted anything, its just common sense.

Tear down the stadium completely ill suited to football, and build a world class football/event arena in its place. Look at WHLII, we could have done incredible things on that site.

Use the stadium to build a proper athletics venue in Crystal Palace, traditionally the home of our athletic events.

Everyones a winner.

The option to just keep the (temporary) stadium regardless, and spend millions retrofitting it for football - only to achieve an inadequate stadium, was always fudging ridiculous.

It is, IMHO, entirely corrupt. And I also blame Coe for wanting a monument to his ego.

Back