• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Canary Islands

southstand1882

Mitchell Thomas
Which is the best to visit?

I really fancy a week away in April.

I like the look of Tenerife at the moment, as I don't want it too quiet at night

Any recommendations? Happy to spend about a grand on the hotel / resort

Tenerife was great around seven or so years ago but, it's died a little since then. Although, if you've never been the volcano (el teide) is always interesting, playa de las americas is really the centre of all the nightlife there. I couldn't recommend any hotels really but, there's a few decent restaurants that are cheap with decent food if you're looking for that sort of thing.

I'd prefer a 4-5 star resort next to the sea

With the option of a bit of nightlife if required

Certainly don't want to stay in a town on an island

Have a look at the Green Golf Resort in between Los Christianos and Playa De Las Americas, stayed there eight years ago and had a wonderful time. I don't know if you play golf but it's right on the course.

Have a look at the Green Golf Resort in between Los Christianos and Playa De Las Americas, stayed there eight years ago and had a wonderful time. I don't know if you play golf but it's right on the course.

I played there a few years ago when I went for New Year - lovely course, not much shade though if it's hot.

As has been said above, try to be near Playa De Las Americas for the shopping/nightlife but you may want to stay a little outside as it can get noisy.

I went to Tenerife in 06'. Stayed in Costa Adeje,a couple of miles from PDLA. Went into PDLA a couple of nights;absolute brickhole.

I found Tenerife in general a bit of a dump. I honestly don't think I'd go back again even if it was free.

Also been to Fuerteventura...the Villa I hired was the gonad*s but the nightlife was pitiful. If you're not after a quiet one,avoid.

Back