• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Buying a house that is sold STC...

Thats the thing. I wouldnt want to do it to a family.... if i knew it was investors i would probably try to approach the owners.... but as you say very difficult to find out. So im going to leave it unless it falls through.

Really appreciate the advice from everybody though. So thank you all.
Just make sure you're very clear with the estate agent. Make sure they take 2 or 3 means of contact for you and tell them explicitly that you want to know the moment anything changes. Don't assume for a second they are in any way competent, I'd say that around 75-80% of agents aren't in my experience.

Reactions: DTA
Just make sure you're very clear with the estate agent. Make sure they take 2 or 3 means of contact for you and tell them explicitly that you want to know the moment anything changes. Don't assume for a second they are in any way competent, I'd say that around 75-80% of agents aren't in my experience.

Its definately worth ringing them again to reiterate that point. I have given them all contacts. But will keep bugging them till it is finally sold.

Its definately worth ringing them again to reiterate that point. I have given them all contacts. But will keep bugging them till it is finally sold.
It's worth it

A few years ago my wife and I fell in love with a house - everything about it was perfect. We put in an offer but couldn't sell our place quickly enough.

It stayed as Sold STC for a really long time so my wife kept bugging them after I'd given up. The house sold to someone else, but the estate agents went back to the vendors who, it turned out, also owned the house next door. 6 weeks later we bought it and it's where we're living now - without my wife's effort the agent would never have even thought to check if it was going to be for sale.

Reactions: DTA
Back