• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Buy the dip.

We had all our finances reviewed by an advisor a couple of years ago and at that time we had a number of investments with HL. He was very scathing of the fees that HL charge. We've now moved everything away from them and onto a managed platform via the financial advisor.

i want more active management i.e. i should be checking investments, funds on a more frequent basis but i just rarely have time. hence thinking about moving to a managed fund
It depends on your view of active management? ie. Is it worth it?

Most tracker or basket funds can suffice and etf's as an option are even cheaper.

How much is nutmeg 1% a year?

Edit: HLs savings hub is good if you ever move some investments into cash or for your rainy days funds. Good rates, some exclusive.

We had all our finances reviewed by an advisor a couple of years ago and at that time we had a number of investments with HL. He was very scathing of the fees that HL charge. We've now moved everything away from them and onto a managed platform via the financial advisor.
I bet you did.

Conflict of interest?

I bet you did.

Well yes, kind of "he would say that, wouldn't he". And of course he has an interest in getting us onboard. But we did our due diligence first. Plus we know him (granted this isn't a guarantee of anything) and he came recommended via a different route.
We're happy thus far.

I might have been a bit strong in my use of the term 'scathing'.

And no, definitely not SJP!

My mate is an IFA and he often recommends Vanguard life strategy funds to people, low fees, actively managed and the returns are pretty good as well.

My mate is an IFA and he often recommends Vanguard life strategy funds to people, low fees, actively managed and the returns are pretty good as well.

I have a very small amount in this, but only started it 1 year ago, but will let let it ride for the long term.

On a bigger scale, SIVB a top 20 US Bank, lost 75% of its equity valuation in less than 2 days, with possible contagion, that on top of a looming US recession.
Good time to have some dry powder!

Last edited:
I have a very small amount in this, but only started it 1 year ago, but will let let it ride for the long term.

On a bigger scale, SIVB a top 20 US Bank, lost 75% of its equity valuation in less than 2 days, with possible contagion, that on top of a looming US recession.
Good time to have some dry powder!

SVB more unique than others. largely concentrated in one sector so you have concetration risk, then made a stupid ass decision basically locking their money away for a long term for an absolutely measly pay off.

SVB more unique than others. largely concentrated in one sector so you have concetration risk, then made a stupid ass decision basically locking their money away for a long term for an absolutely measly pay off.

yes concentrated and appears to getting bailed out but we don’t know what happens further down the line, other banks living dangerously. Bear Stearns failed in March 2008, the market bottomed a year later. Be interesting FOMC meeting next week.

Back