• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Bryan Gil

He is 23 next month, I see a player. But not in the prem. Seems like a player we dont mind to have in the squad but if we get an offer he will be let go. So he is not in the long term plans.
Yeah, I think everyone agrees, Just think it's interested that the Ange feel good factor has him wanting to stay now, Even with so little chance of getting minutes once players return

I wonder what his training regime is, he obviously needs to add some muscle. Maybe his frame just does not support that. he just needs a little more strength. Aguero and silva come to mind. they both were slight but added up body to hold of players.

Yup. So creative with the ball at his feet. Got a centre of gravity in his ankles. I agree he could use a little more muscle on his frame but other than that, he only requires time to get settled and be allowed to fully express himself. There's a classic Spurs player in there. Just a matter of time whether we'll let it develop.

I can't see anything wrong with this kid, that a decent run in the side would not fix. His biggest problem is a lack of minutes and only getting a run in junk time.
I think he has the potential to be a really good player.

I don't think he's a great fit for what we need from our wide players in this system.

Actually think the Maddison role would be a better fit for him in theory. But a lot of players ahead of him there and perhaps even more concerns about physicality playing there means he's not really a great option there either.

Ange has essentially used him mostly as a last resort. I like Werner, but a loan signing being here for a handful of days then starting ahead of him and him only getting limited minutes at the end pretty much sums up where he is here at the moment.

Another one of those "best for everyone" if he moves on now or in the summery situations imo. I still think he can be a really good footballer mind.

I think he has the potential to be a really good player.

I don't think he's a great fit for what we need from our wide players in this system.

Actually think the Maddison role would be a better fit for him in theory. But a lot of players ahead of him there and perhaps even more concerns about physicality playing there means he's not really a great option there either.

Ange has essentially used him mostly as a last resort. I like Werner, but a loan signing being here for a handful of days then starting ahead of him and him only getting limited minutes at the end pretty much sums up where he is here at the moment.

Another one of those "best for everyone" if he moves on now or in the summery situations imo. I still think he can be a really good footballer mind.

He is a good footballer, technical ability is there, his first touch is amazing

I don't agree (said it before) that he needs weight/bulking up, he needs game time, I used the comparison to Johnson (same age), I think Gil has talent and mentality levels above Johnson, Johnson has pace and physicality above Gil. Big difference? Johnson has 3 seasons with more games than Gil's best season (and Johnson has a lot of developing still to do).

I think Gil at his best does work for us, he is high energy, he does press, he can float positionally, he's always open for a pass. The problem is he isn't going to get enough game time to develop to that player with us.

Agree with the best for everyone summary, I suspect at 27/28, he will smash it up in Europe ...

He is a good footballer, technical ability is there, his first touch is amazing

I don't agree (said it before) that he needs weight/bulking up, he needs game time, I used the comparison to Johnson (same age), I think Gil has talent and mentality levels above Johnson, Johnson has pace and physicality above Gil. Big difference? Johnson has 3 seasons with more games than Gil's best season (and Johnson has a lot of developing still to do).

I think Gil at his best does work for us, he is high energy, he does press, he can float positionally, he's always open for a pass. The problem is he isn't going to get enough game time to develop to that player with us.

Agree with the best for everyone summary, I suspect at 27/28, he will smash it up in Europe ...
Think he has all the attributes to be a David / Bernardo Silva type player in the future..

For me he always looks like he's trying too hard, I know it sounds strange but I think he needs to relax a bit more, its probably because he feels he's got to prove himself. Players like David and Bernardo did things quickly but appeared to have time, Gil rushes everything.

For me he always looks like he's trying too hard, I know it sounds strange but I think he needs to relax a bit more, its probably because he feels he's got to prove himself. Players like David and Bernardo did things quickly but appeared to have time, Gil rushes everything.

Hence my earlier comment -> game time. I think you give Gil a good 40+ game season as a starter the majority of the time, you will get an amazing player.

This has always been our problem as a club in the last decade, young players we identify need development, some get it via a loan/loan back (Sarr, Udogie), some are able to make the step up, but some need time that we probably can't afford to give (Clarke another recent example). Our loan model needs to get better.

Hence my earlier comment -> game time. I think you give Gil a good 40+ game season as a starter the majority of the time, you will get an amazing player.

This has always been our problem as a club in the last decade, young players we identify need development, some get it via a loan/loan back (Sarr, Udogie), some are able to make the step up, but some need time that we probably can't afford to give (Clarke another recent example). Our loan model needs to get better.

I agree but most fans would not, once Poch left none of our managers cared about homegrown players or youngsters, they wanted the finished product. Had we not had such a long injury list and a more settled team I think we would have seen some younger players given game time.

He has ability for sure and i do not think he is too frail ( as someone mentioned the two Silvas), sadly i do not think he will get a lot of game time here once our injured players all return.

I got very frustrated with him a couple of games ago and wanted him gone.
But if Ange sees something in him, and Bryan really does want to stay and fight, then that at least shows some mettle and I'd very much enjoy seeing him come good playing for us rather than up against us in European competition in a couple of years time.

He has ability for sure and i do not think he is too frail ( as someone mentioned the two Silvas), sadly i do not think he will get a lot of game time here once our injured players all return.
It would be interesting to see him on the pitch at the same time as Maddison, Bentancur and Sarr. Along with Udogie and Porro that's a very high standard of technical ability. It would give him the foundation to work off.

For me. He has had one game where I thought he can play in the prem. That palace away game. I'm not convinced but I hold out hope.

He holds onto the ball too long, then turns back and lays it off to someone else.
This is not helpful.
He is supposed to be penetrative, but is the opposite. He gets closed down and he scuttles back whence he came.

Back