• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Brennan Johnson

I dont get why we arent going big on Leonardo. He looked fantastic at the U20 WC - scored double what Veliz did. A natural finisher like Orban but with much more of a footballing brain as well
Because contrary to us simple football fans, professional scouts notice things we don't. Like the reason we haven't been in for a thousand players that have been mentioned on here and don't amount to much.

Has Daka turned into one of the best strikers in Europe yet by the way....

Because contrary to us simple football fans, professional scouts notice things we don't. Like the reason we haven't been in for a thousand players that have been mentioned on here and don't amount to much.

We've never scouted well from south america, its been a big blind spot for us compared to our rivals

If its what Ange wants considering he does alot of his own research....you have to take it IMO

The deadly ITK duo of Trix and Herc both say he's far from Anges first choice and both he and the scouting teams prefer and suggested other options but Levy is pushing this because of potential to offload a couple players in the deal. Ange apparently likes Johnson though.

The deadly ITK duo of Trix and Herc both say he's far from Anges first choice and both he and the scouting teams prefer and suggested other options but Levy is pushing this because of potential to offload a couple players in the deal. Ange apparently likes Johnson though.

Thought levy doesn't get involved and the ITKs don't know brick? Bluff called

Thought levy doesn't get involved and the ITKs don't know brick? Bluff called

Not sure how that works? Ally gold saying ange really wants him. Itks saying it's levy pushing it.

So guessing based on a persons agenda. We get him and he's brick it's on levy. We get him and he's great it''s ange? Or vice versa.

Hahaha, Ange literally said a week ago that every decision is his and he has final say and that's how he likes things. I know people are sceptical but I doubt that's changed in a week, and I doubt Uncle Levy pays 50m for a prospect unless the manager wants him....

Hahaha, Ange literally said a week ago that every decision is his and he has final say and that's how he likes things. I know people are sceptical but I doubt that's changed in a week, and I doubt Uncle Levy pays 50m for a prospect unless the manager wants him....

Was just looking for that quote. Knew he said something along those lines.

I suppose if he's on your wanted list but 3rd or 4th but the deal makes more sense (homegrown, young, has potential future value, opportunity to shift a couple non home grown in the deal) then Ange could still be happy to approve the deal. Doesn't mean he was first choice, But then what manager gets all their first choices!? For all we know he wanted Eze and Doku etc and they were not possible.

Still, at least we seem busy in this last week trying to get some deals done

I suppose if he's on your wanted list but 3rd or 4th but the deal makes more sense (homegrown, young, has potential future value, opportunity to shift a couple non home grown in the deal) then Ange could still be happy to approve the deal. Doesn't mean he was first choice, But then what manager gets all their first choices!? For all we know he wanted Eze and Doku etc and they were not possible.

I know it's become a popular sort of thing to beat the club with. But is there that much difference between a player that is first or 4th choice (if that is what it even is)?

We are not talking messi levels. We are talking of players with potential. At £50m. He must be high on the list, it's not the sort of money you drop on someone you don't really want.

I think though in the modern game, given there is more financial parity with the lesser clubs than 10-20 years ago, you have to almost have a list of 4/5 first choices. No club wants to sell their prize assets and there isn't the financial pressure in the PL anymore for smaller clubs to do that, so no point having long protracted deals of your pants are being pulled.

Fab apparently talks to 3/4 players a time on the hope that 1 drops

Not sure it's necessarily in preference order.

How do you make him 3rd or 4th choice?

Ours didn't notice a lot about Ndombelly.

Strange one. Do we need a hg player?

Yeah - we're already about 6 OS players over the limit. So possibly why we'll end up with Johnson and Adarabioyo over Orban and Schuurs (with a medium term view, I know Orban won't count for another year due to his age)

Back