• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Bolton Replay

I would have thought the game would be replayed at WHL from the start as the score was tied anyway.

As much as we all feel sorry for Bolton, I wouldn't be happy if we offered to play the game at the Reebok. It's an unfortunate and tragic situation, but it really can't be helped I'm afraid.

it feels a bit crass to talk about this stuff, but it still needs to be known.

If it is replayed then will the original tickets be valid?

I would have thought that IF Bolton decided to go ahead with the game ( and I think they will ) that they would prefer to restart from the minute the game was stopped. Then they are only 45 mins from a replay at their own ground.

The game was abandoned. Therefore it is not a restart but 0-0 0 minutes on scoreboard and clock.

The 'good' thing is that it was 1-1 and a couple of minutes before HT so no one was really at an advantage.

yep in other countries spain for example they usually restart abandoned games from the minute when it stopped but here we start fresh as if the original game had never happened.

remember plymouth i think winning 4-1 against someone last season then it got abandoned for a waterlogged pitch. how unlucky was that ?

Would be a bit rubbish starting where we left off, lots of people will still want to travel to WHL to watch the game and if it's only a 50 minute game then not many will bother. Scared it would be a soul-less affair and after what's happened and all the emotions I don't think that's proper.

Would accept a neutral venue to be honest, the FA should let us use Wembley for the game ;-)

Would be a bit rubbish starting where we left off, lots of people will still want to travel to WHL to watch the game and if it's only a 50 minute game then not many will bother. Scared it would be a soul-less affair and after what's happened and all the emotions I don't think that's proper.

Would accept a neutral venue to be honest, the FA should let us use Wembley for the game ;-)

Logistically, I don't see how that could happen. Where would the game be played? When? Then the fans have got to travel to the venue. I think it would be a nice touch if we were willing to pay for the Bolton fans travel costs, or maybe split the cost with Bolton? All of us feel awful about what has happened to Muamba, but we haven't done anything to deserve the FA taking the tie away from our ground and playing it somewhere else.

Last edited:
it feels a bit crass to talk about this stuff, but it still needs to be known.

If it is replayed then will the original tickets be valid?

I would have thought that IF Bolton decided to go ahead with the game ( and I think they will ) that they would prefer to restart from the minute the game was stopped. Then they are only 45 mins from a replay at their own ground.

Of course not, the game was abandoned so it starts from scratch, those are the rules

I was discussing this with my mate at the game.

I said if Spurs were 1-0 down at the time, I reckon our players might have let Bolton walk in a goal

Which to me, would've been a very classy gesture.

I like to think we would've done it. What say the glory glory experts?

Even if you don't personally like the idea, do you think we would've done this?

I was discussing this with my mate at the game.

I said if Spurs were 1-0 down at the time, I reckon our players might have let Bolton walk in a goal

Which to me, would've been a very classy gesture.

I like to think we would've done it. What say the glory glory experts?

Even if you don't personally like the idea, do you think we would've done this?

Why would we let them walk in a goal to make it 0-2?

Why exactly would the game be played anywhere else but WHL?

I do think people are going OTT here about gestures etc. Football, no matter how or what you think of it as, still goes on and ultimately its a business and ultimately we, as a club, want to win the cup. WHL is our best chance of this.

he means when the game is replayed the losing team would have let the other team walk one in from the opening kick off

the game will restaged at WHL next tuesday or wednesday or not at all but i can't see bolton withdrawing

I do think people are going OTT here about gestures etc. Football, no matter how or what you think of it as, still goes on and ultimately its a business and ultimately we, as a club, want to win the cup. WHL is our best chance of this.

Massively agree with your post

I meant if the original scoreline was 1-0, I'd like to think we'd man up and give them a goal in the replay

but why? that doesn't make sense.

Bolton and a man like Owen Coyle would and should be insulted if we just allow them a goal. I could understand if our goal came whilst this terrible thing was happening to Muamba but it was a perfectly fine goal.

Put it this way, if the roles were reversed and Bolton allowed us a goal i'd feel a bit of shame.

Logistically, I don't see how that could happen. Where would the game be played? When? Then the fans have got to travel to the venue. I think it would be a nice touch if we were willing to pay for the Bolton fans travel costs, or maybe split the cost with Bolton? All of us feel awful about what has happened to Muamba, but we haven't done anything to deserve the FA taking the tie away from our ground and playing it somewhere else.

Saying what I would accept rather than what should happen.. I just want to go to Wembley ;)

I remember watching a Roma game last season restart from a corner kick :)

Remember the Real Madrid game a few season back where the lights cut out with like 3 minutes to go and they abandoned the game and had to play the last 3 minutes on another date?

Ridiculous.

Back