• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Biggest gripe of the season

Whist the last 4 games were disappointing, the fact that our blip finally happened when it did is screwing the view of our season
We play 38 games, does the order in which we win, lose, draw really matter?

Scenario...
Our 5-1 loss to Saudi Sportswashing Machine happens in early October and our draw with Stoke and loss to Southampton happen in December.
In January we secure a feisty away draw with last years champions.

Within our last few games we beat Emirates Marketing Project away and our last game is a 3-0 battering of Man Utd

Better season?

Gripes may not be wholly negative, they allow identification of things that need to be addressed. The sweet thing about Poch is he's quick to analyse and sort. Mid-season it was obvious we were dominating games but not being ruthless and winning. Somehow Poch evolved the team's mentality and built a greater resilience and we secured 3 points regularly instead of draws. The breakdown at the end of the season I think was a lot to do with Poch too. I could be wrong, but I''m not sure the team were in a fit state for those games. Mentally we might have been too psyched rather than focused on doing simple things - defend well, passing, put the ball in the net etc. Instead it was all about fight, the title, hype etc we lost focus on just playing well.

Moaning about people moaning is churlish. There are many positives to the season, but they don't need action. The bigger question is what weaknesses can be identified, that can be fixed?

Last edited:
^^ Watching the meltdown that happened in the Chavski game, I really did feel that the players might have been overhyped for it, and ultimately, that is probably what cost us as much as anything. Young men, and an occasion that just grew too big for them. I think that is on Pochettino, and I think he knows it too. I believe that is why he has been so subdued on the touchline since that night. What happens next is anybody's guess, but mine is that most of us trust him to come with answers.

i know this is the gripe thread but i'm going to be a little positive & say that our traveling fans as always have been positively brilliant!! COYS!!

The customer is always right, apparently, although being referred to (however disingenuously) as a customer is another gripe I'd add to my list. I am no more a 'customer' of THFC than I am on a railway where I am a PASSENGER with NO CHOICE about the operator of the trains that service the route. I feel the same way about suppliers of exclusive packages to view live games, which is one of the main reasons I refuse to subscribe to ANY OF THEM*.

* ... but especially Sky, because I loathe Murdoch and everything he stands for as well. I DOUBLE refuse subscribing to Sky. They're like the ARSENAL of other clubs I might be persuaded to switch to, if I thought of myself as a customer.

Good point, and especially the point about the influence of Sky. IMO they are the worse thing to happen to football and the way they treat the fans '( customers) is poor. I have heard so many bitches about how many games we have played on a Monday night, early kick offs, games being moved at will etc, well blame Sky because its down to them a lot of it and shows no regard for the supporter who actually goes to games either home or away.

Couple of minor gripes
- opposition teams and managers expressing a preference for who they want to win the league when they still have to play the teams involved
- Alli getting done on video evidence and Huth getting away with GBH in every match
- 3 x Mondays in a row is hardly fair is it
- opposition players who look like rodents or other animals e.g. Vardy, Fabregas.

Last edited:
Personal gripe - That I should be loving the fact that Leicester won the title. I should be enjoying, like the rest of the country, the love-in at their success. I should feel proud to have witnessed such a sporting achievement in my lifetime (such as I felt when Aguero scored THAT title-winning goal). That I should enjoy seeing all the replays, adverts of Vardy's party, documentaries, interviews etc about it…as it SHOULD have been at the expense of someone like Chelsea or Arsenal./ BUT NO! It grinds on me every time as it feel like it should've been us!

This season we're the complete reverse of Billy Nic's immortal words…And we at Spurs have set our sights very high, so high in fact that even GLORY will have in it an echo of FAILURE

Spurs gripe -That Alli and Dembele acted like such schoolboys during the run in, and completely lost my respect for what they did. fudgein imbeciles! They forgot the bigger picture and to respect the efforts the TEAM were putting in, in favour of their own personal vendettas and anger. To hell with their age or inexperience of the situation! fudge that. I don't attempt to punch or gouge my colleagues on the sly if they wind me up. Our title bid went out the window the day our two most influential players decided to lose their heads for a split second. This isn't Sunday league football where we can have a ruck as it doesn't matter. My blame for our demise is well upon their shoulders. Idiots.

Personal gripe - That I should be loving the fact that Leicester won the title. I should be enjoying, like the rest of the country, the love-in at their success. I should feel proud to have witnessed such a sporting achievement in my lifetime (such as I felt when Aguero scored THAT title-winning goal). That I should enjoy seeing all the replays, adverts of Vardy's party, documentaries, interviews etc about it…as it SHOULD have been at the expense of someone like Chelsea or Arsenal./ BUT NO! It grinds on me every time as it feel like it should've been us!

This season we're the complete reverse of Billy Nic's immortal words…And we at Spurs have set our sights very high, so high in fact that even GLORY will have in it an echo of FAILURE

Spurs gripe -That Alli and Dembele acted like such schoolboys during the run in, and completely lost my respect for what they did. fudgein imbeciles! They forgot the bigger picture and to respect the efforts the TEAM were putting in, in favour of their own personal vendettas and anger. To hell with their age or inexperience of the situation! fudge that. I don't attempt to punch or gouge my colleagues on the sly if they wind me up. Our title bid went out the window the day our two most influential players decided to lose their heads for a split second. This isn't Sunday league football where we can have a ruck as it doesn't matter. My blame for our demise is well upon their shoulders. Idiots.

Your Spurs gripe re Alli/Dembele is fair enough - to a point.
If we REALLY are blaming not getting A SINGLE POINT vs Soton and relegated Saudi Sportswashing Machine on the fact we didn't have these two players then we are really not anywhere near as good as we think we are.
Not having those players should/would make a difference to getting points vs the likes of Arsenal, Chelski, Manure/Emirates Marketing Project/Liverpool. You know wins turning into draws or defeats.
Against the likes of Soton and Saudi Sportswashing Machine that SHOULD NOT automatically mean the loss of all 3 points!

Your Spurs gripe re Alli/Dembele is fair enough - to a point.
If we REALLY are blaming not getting A SINGLE POINT vs Soton and relegated Saudi Sportswashing Machine on the fact we didn't have these two players then we are really not anywhere near as good as we think we are.
Not having those players should/would make a difference to getting points vs the likes of Arsenal, Chelski, Manure/Emirates Marketing Project/Liverpool. You know wins turning into draws or defeats.
Against the likes of Soton and Saudi Sportswashing Machine that SHOULD NOT automatically mean the loss of all 3 points!

Admittedly it is slightly knee-jerk and still feels raw, but they are so fundamental to the way we play and how we link our game with Kane. He looked like a lost soul the last two games, whilst the midfield was so much easier to breakdown without Dembele's ball retention. If it highlights a weakness in the depth of squad, so be it. But that doesn't get us the points that I truly believe we would've done with both of those in-form players in the 11. Having seen both games, the areas we lost were exactly the areas they would've been in.

Admittedly it is slightly knee-jerk and still feels raw, but they are so fundamental to the way we play and how we link our game with Kane. He looked like a lost soul the last two games, whilst the midfield was so much easier to breakdown without Dembele's ball retention. If it highlights a weakness in the depth of squad, so be it. But that doesn't get us the points that I truly believe we would've done with both of those in-form players in the 11. Having seen both games, the areas we lost were exactly the areas they would've been in.

I think without them, i wouldn't be necessarily confident of maximum points in those two games for sure.
However, i'll be damned if anybody would think that without them we'd be expected not to pick up a single point from those two games; if Poch is indeed thinking that as the reason we have big problems imo..thankfully, i doubt that he is

My outside grumble........Sky/BT/BBC so called 'expert pundits'....i think its ok that us the normal joe public who don't get paid thousands and thousands may have a pop on say leicester appointing Raniari but every single one of them ran him down like they appointed some douch bag,not a manager whose managed quite a few top clubs across europe,then at the end saying the total opposite as if it was a surprise he could pick a starting XI. The one thing i look forward to in the summer are the pundits on the cricket total different class,experts,who know what they are talking about and totally imparial......how many goons, scousers, and the last few weeks funny enough leicester experts(lineker and alan smith) suddenly popped up. Like last night who did we have Owen and Mcmanaman...half time they had their roosters in their hand and every player in the liverpool side were world beaters at the end just having a go at especially Morneno (or what ever his name is!!) no impariality.

Gripes may not be wholly negative, they allow identification of things that need to be addressed. The sweet thing about Poch is he's quick to analyse and sort. Mid-season it was obvious we were dominating games but not being ruthless and winning. Somehow Poch evolved the team's mentality and built a greater resilience and we secured 3 points regularly instead of draws. The breakdown at the end of the season I think was a lot to do with Poch too. I could be wrong, but I''m not sure the team were in a fit state for those games. Mentally we might have been too psyched rather than focused on doing simple things - defend well, passing, put the ball in the net etc. Instead it was all about fight, the title, hype etc we lost focus on just playing well.

Moaning about people moaning is churlish. There are many positives to the season, but they don't need action. The bigger question is what weaknesses can be identified, that can be fixed?

See the thread I started regarding improvements needed.

i'm good at making a list of gripes, in fact I may run out of space :

"new" fans of any teams

the arsenal and scouse love in that is sky's soccer saturday

any kick off before 2pm

Jon Moss

"seedings"

ITK people

"fit and proper person's test" to become a chairman

any director of football anywhere

IFAB not having more power to actually run FIFA

handballs in the penalty area

linesmen inconsistencies

grossly fat northerners going topless

football package add on's : "complimentary match program", "transfers" i.e. 5 mile coach trip and glass of (crap)champagne, for that we'll charge an extra 50 quid and VAT.

ok, i'll stop before I bore you

Back