• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Big Issue..

And you don't think Brits do that in other countries? Perth is full of Brits working the mines for the quick buck at the expense of locals. It happens all over the world.

there is a big difference between bringing in expertise that doesnt exist locally, and flooding the market with cheap expertise that undercuts the local economy though

It may not have occurred to some of the self righteous posters on here but some people don't actually want Great Britain to become the dumping ground for all of the worlds waifs and strays. As much as they might have had a tough life at home, GB is a tiny speck of the planet and one of the most populated.
The country cannot balance its own trade defecit and we can ill afford to continually shovel our economy into the mouths of anyone who rocks up and wants a free meal, house and hand outs, because they know we (as a nation) will simply do that.

People can afford to take the moral high ground, and condemn Roy for his attitude - poor choice of words in the OP by the way Roy, it was never going to earn you too many friends, but would any of you take in a complete stranger from another country and start feeding them on your earnings, letting them have the run of your house and generally letting them take everything they want from you, without a hope of it ever being paid back?

Because thats what you are endorsing that your country does.

In my case, I was simply talking about people. I think it's important to know exactly who one is talking about...

there is a big difference between bringing in expertise that doesnt exist locally, and flooding the market with cheap expertise that undercuts the local economy though

It happens here Mick trust me. Also with fabrication and materials for these big mining projects. Companies will ignore local suppliers and buy overseas, which is causing heaps of businesses to close down.

I'm sure he would. Look, ppl say what they feel and you say I should say hello and that's a fair point. What's wrong with getting the hump when you look at your pay packet and seeing your being taxed:

?ú684 Dec
?ú656 Jan
?ú677 Feb

That's what I've paid in the past 3 months in tax. Are ppl really saying I shouldn't get the hump when you read stories and see things on the news in regards to benefit cheats etc...ppl paying a hell of a lot into the system, like me, are entitled to be tinkled off with the state of affairs in my opinion mate.

Again mate, look wider and think longer about the people who are really costing everyone...isolated cases of benefit scrounging always grab the headlines, but they are not the real problem...here's a few things to get you angry...400,000 quid spent of fig trees to decorate the office block of MPs, Portcullis House, who's construction costs rose from a projected 165 million to 235 million TEN YEARS AGO (bronze cladding on the outside of the building, that sort of thing)...the MP's expenses scandal...and both RBS and Lloyds (who are 83% and 41% state owned respectively) spend money on lobbyists...then we have the absurd situation whereby because the RBS bank chief turned down his million-pound plus bonus (he was already making 5 million a year) RBS and Lloyd's shares dropped a few percent (costing the taxpayer 900 MILLION QUID!) because 'someone' thought that not paying execs their bonuses would somehow 'damage the bank's performance'..!!!!! Oh and RBS employees are reportedly set to share a bonus pot of 500 million quid!!!!!

No mate, buy a Big Issue and know that the enemy is certainly NOT that poor bastard, but most likely the bastard who doesn't look like one...

Again mate, look wider and think longer about the people who are really costing everyone...isolated cases of benefit scrounging always grab the headlines, but they are not the real problem...here's a few things to get you angry...400,000 quid spent of fig trees to decorate the office block of MPs, Portcullis House, who's construction costs rose from a projected 165 million to 235 million TEN YEARS AGO (bronze cladding on the outside of the building, that sort of thing)...the MP's expenses scandal...and both RBS and Lloyds (who are 83% and 41% state owned respectively) spend money on lobbyists...then we have the absurd situation whereby because the RBS bank chief turned down his million-pound plus bonus (he was already making 5 million a year) RBS and Lloyd's shares dropped a few percent (costing the taxpayer 900 MILLION QUID!) because 'someone' thought that not paying execs their bonuses would somehow 'damage the bank's performance'..!!!!! Oh and RBS employees are reportedly set to share a bonus pot of 500 million quid!!!!!

No mate, buy a Big Issue and know that the enemy is certainly NOT that poor bastard, but most likely the bastard who doesn't look like one...

=D>

I'm increasingly coming to the opinion that once I finish the degree that I'm currently doing, I up sticks and move my family elsewhere. Britain is probably one of the most tolerant countries we could possibly be in and yet still anti-foreign feeling plagues the country. Its becoming increasingly hard for me to tell my kids that its a small minority when they get what they get on a relatively regular basis or when they hear what has been said and done to their mum. And when I read what I do on the internet where people have the veil of anonymity and are far more open in their beliefs.

Its a great shame because this is a nice country, with a lot of nice people. I have many good friends here. So does my wife and my kids. We have contributed far more to the country and taken out far less than the majority of the general population, let alone the ones who feel like we're foreigners. And its especially a great shame because no matter how much I try to feel British, or try to drum that feeling into my kids, I know deep down that to quite a few, that is something we will never be. A victory for some I'm sure, as the country rids itself of 5 foreigners. Perhaps its the best solution for all parties.

P.s. nothing tinkles me off more than chuggers. I got chugged by an Amnesty one once (a charity I already donate to) and when I told him this, he asked me to donate even more money. The cheek of these people.

In my case, I was simply talking about people. I think it's important to know exactly who one is talking about...
no arguments steff, whilst Roys post was poorly expressed, he does have the right to express himself without being told he is worthless and should die in his own bile. If his comments are based in the ignorance of pink humans being better than any other coloured humans, then fair enough - he gets what he deserves - but he was expressing his opinions about having massive amounts of foreigners in the country living offf the system and draining the public purse.
The fact is there are - and our bankrupt country can't actually afford its largesse.

I'm increasingly coming to the opinion that once I finish the degree that I'm currently doing, I up sticks and move my family elsewhere. Britain is probably one of the most tolerant countries we could possibly be in and yet still anti-foreign feeling plagues the country. Its becoming increasingly hard for me to tell my kids that its a small minority when they get what they get on a relatively regular basis or when they hear what has been said and done to their mum. And when I read what I do on the internet where people have the veil of anonymity and are far more open in their beliefs.

Its a great shame because this is a nice country, with a lot of nice people. I have many good friends here. So does my wife and my kids. We have contributed far more to the country and taken out far less than the majority of the general population, let alone the ones who feel like we're foreigners. And its especially a great shame because no matter how much I try to feel British, or try to drum that feeling into my kids, I know deep down that to quite a few, that is something we will never be. A victory for some I'm sure, as the country rids itself of 5 foreigners. Perhaps its the best solution for all parties.

P.s. nothing tinkles me off more than chuggers. I got chugged by an Amnesty one once (a charity I already donate to) and when I told him this, he asked me to donate even more money. The cheek of these people.

It would be a shame if you did, becuse you are not part of the problem that the country has.

This country has to stop believing that it is a world superpower, and start to accepth that it needs to tighten its belt and look after itself first. Families like you and yours are not part of the problem, but more likely part of the solution, but amongst the great many problems of profligate waste (Steffs example is more of a global example, but it a case in point in the UK) we have a situation of rubbing salt into the wound by filling an overly populated island with people who come here to take advantage of the fact that we have an extremely gullible benefits system. No-one in their right mind believes it to be the only problem we have, but its certainly one of the more readily solveable ones.

no arguments steff, whilst Roys post was poorly expressed, he does have the right to express himself without being told he is worthless and should die in his own bile. If his comments are based in the ignorance of pink humans being better than any other coloured humans, then fair enough - he gets what he deserves - but he was expressing his opinions about having massive amounts of foreigners in the country living offf the system and draining the public purse.
The fact is there are - and our bankrupt country can't actually afford its largesse.

As I have the right to express my disgust at the poison he spouts.

Roy wanted to hit a self employed homeless person who he felt sure he must be begging, not based on any evidence but on his ignorance of what the Big Issue stands for, he then decides that the guy must be a benefit fraudster because he has access to banking. Link that to his statements that anybody who is not white anglo-saxon can be referred to as Johnny Foreigner, his ignorance of the origin of the word MOBO despite declaring the awards racist in the sexcetera thread and he has drawn a pretty neat pen picture of himself. Even the references in the original post to "Massive black security guard" shows his obsession with race and his insecurities.

His original post was not a plea for controlled immigration or tighter benefit controls, it was spewing bile and I stand by my original comment, I have the freedom to unless the mods decide otherwise. At least my views are based on what the guy has told me about himself rather than a cursory summing up of someone in Tesco's car park based on their skin colour.

Those are my final thoughts on this matter.:gav:

Roy wanted to hit a self employed homeless person who he felt sure he must be begging, not based on any evidence but on his ignorance of what the Big Issue stands for, he then decides that the guy must be a benefit fraudster because he has access to banking. Link that to his statements that anybody who is not white anglo-saxon can be referred to as Johnny Foreigner, his ignorance of the origin of the word MOBO despite declaring the awards racist in the sexcetera thread and he has drawn a pretty neat pen picture of himself. Even the references in the original post to "Massive black security guard" shows his obsession with race and his insecurities.

His original post was not a plea for controlled immigration or tighter benefit controls, it was spewing bile and I stand by my original comment, I have the freedom to unless the mods decide otherwise. At least my views are based on what the guy has told me about himself rather than a cursory summing up of someone in Tesco's car park based on their skin colour.

I don't think I have ever wished anyone dead, much less put in print for the world to read.

Maybe its just a figure of speech

I think gordinho maybe you need to do what steff is telling me. Taking a step back cos you are so far from the truth It actually is laughable. Forget the fact I wanted to knock him out. Forget the fact I called him a big black security guard (he is black what did you want me to call him?!?!?!?!)

As mick has mentioned the main point of my argument is foreign people living in this country without working or contributing to society. I know english people are just as guilty of this so don't go down that road!! As a country we are so fudged up financially it is untrue and a massive, massive reason for this is because we have opened the floodgates and let all sorts into the country, bent over and let them claim just about anything they can. That is a fact. And for the record NO I do NOT think it is ALL of them as I know some very hard working foreign chaps.

Firuta Vasile, 27, was told by Bristol City Council that she was not entitled to housing benefit as European nationals are only entitled to claim it if they are in work.
The mother-of-four took the council to court, arguing that selling the magazine for the homeless is a form of selfÔÇôemployment.
The judge's ruling means EU nationals selling the Big Issue across the UK are now entitled to claim housing benefit.
Ms Vasile, who has four children, one of whom is severely disabled, says the benefit will help her pay her rent and look after her family.
Speaking through an interpreter, she said: "I came to the UK in 2007 to look for work. The only work I could find was selling the Big Issue on the streets of Bristol. I can keep half of the money I take and I usually make around ?ú100 per week.

."

That s the bit that really tinkles me off in her own words she has been here for 5 years and still has to use a interpreter, if she really wants to contribute to socicty in England and become a solid citizen then why the hell does she not learn to speak ENGLISH, ](*,)

Hey where you been gordi not seen you on here for a bit, hope everything is alright.

As for the big issue, i brought it once but the was nothing in there that i liked. Good idea but the was nothing in it for me so i never brought again. Should at least have some tits on page 3.

Everything's grand thanks Chich. The Big Issue's not essential reading for me but I enjoy it on the odd occasion I buy it.

His original post was not a plea for controlled immigration or tighter benefit controls, it was spewing bile and I stand by my original comment, I have the freedom to unless the mods decide otherwise.

I agree with all of this. In all my time on the forum, the OP is one of the most bigotted posts that I've had the pleasure of reading.

I agree with all of this. In all my time on the forum, the OP is one of the most bigotted posts that I've had the pleasure of reading.

:ross:#-o:yawn:

Jog on if your gonna contribute nothing to the discussion.

red_approved_stamp_md_wm.jpg

Thye thing I hate with the Big Issue when they ask to keep it as you 'probably won't read it anyway'!!!

That is begging I guess. I'm happy to pay for it and let the seller keep it if I know I'm not going to get a chance to read it but it should be our decision to make and not suggested by them.

The thing I hate about myself is that one Christmas Eve a year or two ago when snow was falling in Luton I bought a Big Issue, paid with a fiver and stood waiting for the change. When I think about the money we all blow over Christmas time I could and should have told her to keep the change, admittedly my mind was on a million different things as it often is at that time of year so it was intentional but it wasn't my finest moment either.

Back