• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Betting Against Tottenham?

Richie

Naybet
Anyone ever do it, as a way to soften the blow after a defeat? I never have, but I'm tempted to stick ?ú10 on a City win tomorrow

I do it all the time (yeh Leedspur does it a lot too). I honestly can't remember betting anything positive regarding a spurs result.

I've been doing it almost every game for the last 3 seasons.

e.g. In our Champions League qualifying season, I put ?ú400 on Chelsea, Arsenal and City games. And we won all 3!

I never bet against Spurs but I never bet on Spurs either.

Just cant do it for or against

Do you bet the same every game?

Nah i don't. This season i've bet against us only 5 or so times tbh (been sticking to greyhounds and games not involving us) but for previous seasons i've bet against us far more. Put it this way, i'd much rather lose my ?ú then spurs losing so win win.

Just put ?ú10 on City to win, a whole new experience for me. I wonder how it'll go. I'd happily lose ?ú10 for us to get something at Etihad, even if its just a draw

One of my mates bet ?ú20 on us to lose 2-0 at the Hawthorns in Harry's first season and won a lot of money. Said he knew we'd lose so might as well make some money out of it.

I think a tenner on city tomorrow is the most sensible thing to do for any ardent spurs fan to help soften the blow if we lose.

(I would happily set light to ?ú10 to see Spurs get a point or win)

How much will you get back for your ?ú10 though? can't see you getting much above ?ú20.

That's not enough to make me feel happy after a defeat.

I usually lay spurs at home a most teams are 5/1 and worse. We usually have a freak home loss or two in most seasons so I usually end up even. tomorrow I'm backing City and the draw, so if we win I'm £200 down. If they win I'm £10 down and if we draw I'm £150 up. Always very happy to lose my money

I've put £100 on city and £100 on the draw. Massive game so I'll be happy to lose and if we win it'll sting a bit bit I'll be ****ahope!

I often hedge against the emotional and psychological trauma of losing by backing the other side, especially in important games and/or potential banana skins against so-called easy opposition. Always happy to lose my money, and it slightly takes the edge of a loss.

Do people use the exchanges, or the conventional bookmakers?

Back