• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Best Signing of the Last Decade

Best Signing of the Last Decade

• Jermain Defoe

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Michael Carrick

• Aaron Lennon

Votes: 19 22.1%
  • Dimitar Berbatov

Votes: 10 11.6%
  • Gareth Bale

Votes: 37 43.0%
  • Luka Modric

Votes: 15 17.4%
  • Rafael Van Der Vaart

Votes: 3 3.5%
  • Sandro

Votes: 1 1.2%
  • Emmanuel Adebayor

• Other

Votes: 1 1.2%

• Total voters
For me it's Lennon. Not the best player on that list maybe but he has been the most dangerous right winger in the league for years. For all the media talk about Walcott and the will he/won't he sign a new contract, Lennon is a better player. Works harder, more disciplined, better passer, just better. How things change in a few years that their best player wouldn't get in our team.

Best player for ability + profit made will end up being Bale.

But the list is full of players who came and went, so Lennon has to be up there. So cheap and does a great job every season plus will be here a long time. Defoe was also a good signing in terms of money spent plus high quality contribution over a long period of time. Shame some idiot sold him on the cheap half way through his spell here. Keano could have been up there had he hit form after returning.

The profit we made on Carrick is ridiculous. We won't ever get better than that. Even with Bale. We'd have to sell Bale for £70m to even get the same amount of profit, am I right?

The profit we made on Carrick is ridiculous. We won't ever get better than that. Even with Bale. We'd have to sell Bale for £70m to even get the same amount of profit, am I right?

Well, you could always argue % vs. total (Carrick was bigger %, Berbatov was bigger $$)

Carrick for me isn't in the frame (as the question is best signing), and Carrick misses, because while he was good player (not as great as people make out, or in the league of Berbatov/Modric/VDV/Bale), he took a while to adapt (remember early days of him or Pedro Mendes), we built the side around him, he didn't stay that long and we took a long time to replace him. Technically the only good of Carrick was we made a profit, outside of that, not really a "best signing"

Yeah, wasn't saying he was our best signing to be fair more that the profit we made was very good considering his only real good season for us. He was class that season though.

Robbie Keane.....scored the most goals for us in the last decade as well !!

On his way back for a few months as well by the looks of it !

LEGEND !!

1. Bale
2. Lennon

Bale is the best player for a generation. Absolutely electrifying to watch and, seriously, he really doesn't have a "downside" per se. Berbs was lazy, Modric didn't score enough goals, VdV couldn't last more than 60 mins or defend etc etc. Bale is fast, fit, can score and create, good in the air and even has a great long throw too. May end up being rated higher than Gazza when all is said and done.

Lennon, for 1 million has been an unquantified success. The team misses him so much every time he is injured which is possibly a better recognition of his contribution than the whole "poor final ball" debate.

Both are Spurs through and through =D>

Bale only ended up costing us £7m! Now he's on the verge of being a global superstar.

He is already a global superstar imo. RM Barca, PSG, Man Ure, bricky and Chekski would all love to sign him. Says it all.

1. Bale
2. Lennon

Bale is the best player for a generation. Absolutely electrifying to watch and, seriously, he really doesn't have a "downside" per se. Berbs was lazy, Modric didn't score enough goals, VdV couldn't last more than 60 mins or defend etc etc. Bale is fast, fit, can score and create, good in the air and even has a great long throw too. May end up being rated higher than Gazza when all is said and done.
Every player has a downside IMO, no-one is perfect. I think Bale is too greedy at times (not always bad but needs to learn when to be direct and when to be a team player) and isn't the most intricate players in his creativity etc. BUT other parts of his game make up for that - he does his job to such a high level that his downsides are more than made up for.

Voted Lennon

Barbaflop proved himself to be a massive ****. As did Modric, and he was fudging ugly

Bale would be my 2nd

From what I've heard, Bale is huge in America.

photo-3.jpg

Azza - for £1m we got a player that not only excites but shuts up and plays his game. No hype no bull. Go on my son...

With a username like CelticSpur then I expected nothing less.

Nobody hit the back of the net more for us in the last 10 years though did they? i suppose JD most be getting close...

apart from Keane it has to be Bale ...He has turned into a world beater since he got rid of the hair clips !

Wow, just looking at that list we have actually been incredibly fortunate in some of the talent we've seen in the past five years or so...

Yes, a list for the previous decade would be a lot less inspiring, although still some good ones.

Back