• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Best cover song

My first thought was Hendrix's All Along the Watchtower.

Bob Dylan does a good version of Don't Think Twice, It's Alright

Another idea I had that no one has mentioned is Eric Clapton's I Shot the Sherriff. I am not crazy about his version, but it was, apparently, hugely influential in exposing people to Bob Marley & the Wailers.

WTF is a Courtney Barnett?

MV5BMjUwOTQ3NTkwOF5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTYwNDgyOTk0._V1_UY317_CR2,0,214,317_AL_.jpg

Fun version of Steppenwolf classic. Campy vocals, zany falsetto fills and a smokin' group of top jazz musicians. From a great album:

Last edited:
My mom loved country and western - as all Belfast girls do - and the original Del Reeves song was on our record player when I was a kid. So this cover version caught my ears when it came out a few years back.

I love Wall of Voodoo but there`s just no way in this world that this is better than the original.
I'd agree with you. I didn't realise being better than the original was a criteria for posting songs. I'll go stand in the corner for 10 minutes and flagellate myself.

Back