• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Best assist of the previous season (PL only)

Which was the best assist of the 2015-16 season (PL games only)

• Lamela's for Mason's goal vs Sunderland Away, Sept 2015

Votes: 3 9.4%
  • N'Jie for Lamela's goal vs Emirates Marketing Project Home, Sept 2015

Votes: 1 3.1%
  • Lamela for Kane's goal vs Aston Villa Home, Nov 2015

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Alderwiereld for Alli's goal vs Everton Away, Jan 2016

Votes: 5 15.6%
  • Alli for Trippier's goal vs Watford Home, Feb 2016

Votes: 3 9.4%
  • Lamela for Eriksen's goal vs Emirates Marketing Project Away, Feb 2016

Votes: 11 34.4%
  • Eriksen for Alli's goal vs Man Utd home, April 2016

Votes: 2 6.3%
  • Eriksen for Alli's first goal vs Stoke Away, April 2016

Votes: 6 18.8%
  • Lamela for Kane's goal vs Chelsea away, May 2016

Votes: 1 3.1%
  • Eriksen for Son's goal vs Chelsea away, May 2016

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

glorygloryeze

Ian Walker
Best assist of the previous season (PL only)

I've been meaning to start a thread looking back at the nest bits of last season, and i definitely though that the creativity in the team was higher than many previous seasons. Kane's high scoring (as well as Poch's attacking methods) to me have been crucial in that regard imo.
The way i selected them was to look at the skil involved by the assister to create the chance, the ability to see the pass to put the goalscorer into the position to score and/or how easy the final pass provider made ot for the goalscorer to score.

So vote for the best assist (in the PL):
1. Lamela's for Mason's goal vs Sunderland Away, Sept 2015
2. N'Jie for Lamela's goal vs Emirates Marketing Project Home, Sept 2015
3. Lamela for Kane's goal vs Aston Villa Home, Nov 2015
4. Alderwiereld for Alli's goal vs Everton Away, Jan 2016
5. Alli for Trippier's goal vs Watford Home, Feb 2016
6. Lamela for Eriksen's goal vs Emirates Marketing Project Away, Feb 2016
7. Eriksen for Alli's goal vs Man Utd home, April 2016
8. Eriksen for Alli's first goal vs Stoke Away, April 2016
9. Lamela for Kane's goal vs Chelsea away, May 2016
10. Eriksen for Son's goal vs Chelsea away, May 2016

My nonorable mentions:
- Eriksen for Kane's second vs Bournemouth Away, Oct 2015
- Alderwiereld for Alli's goal vs West Brom Away, Dec 2015
- Alli for Kane's goal vs Arsenal Home, March 2016
- Walker for Kane's first goal vs Bournemouth Home, March 2016
- Eriksen for Kane's goal vs Liverpool Away, April 2016
- Eriksen for Alli's second goal vs Stoke Away, April 2016

I suspect it will be testament to the creativity shown in last seson's attacking play that ther will be some that many will feel i should have included buit haven't....
Great credit to Pochettino and the lads.
COYS

This thread needs gifs for the hard of remembering.
Yep. Drawing a blank here.

AllVerifiableAngelfish.gif

Ok here are some goal vids:

1. Lamela's for Mason's goal vs Sunderland Away, Sept 2015:
fhwPxfk.gif

2. N'Jie for Lamela's goal vs Emirates Marketing Project Home, Sept 2015:

3. Lamela for Kane's goal vs Aston Villa Home, Nov 2015:

4. Alderwiereld for Alli's goal vs Everton Away, Jan 2016 :
alli-goal-v-everton.0.gif

5. Alli for Trippier's goal vs Watford Home, Feb 2016:

And the rest:

6. Lamela for Eriksen's goal vs Emirates Marketing Project Away, Feb 2016:

7. Eriksen for Alli's goal vs Man Utd home, April 2016:

8. Eriksen for Alli's first goal vs Stoke Away, April 2016:

9. Lamela for Kane's goal vs Chelsea away, May 2016:

10. Eriksen for Son's goal vs Chelsea away, May 2016:

Yes tough choices but a good thread.

Torn between Lamela to Eriksen v City and the two Eriksen assists for Alli v Man U and Stoke. Sheer perfection of weight on both those passes vs Lamela's timing to release ball in such a big game…tricky tricky decision.

Alli to Trippier v Watford or Eriksen to Alli v Stoke for me

I remember watching the game v Watford and thinking how lucky Alli got with that assist. I was screaming at him to release the ball earlier as Tripps had so much space at the back post. I think Alli took too long to get his head up and we were v.fortunate in the end that Capoue slowed down as much as he did, as he really should've cleared that.

Toby's assist to Alli against WBA not included? That one was better than the one against Everton iirc.

Alderweireld vs Everton away for me. Appears I'm the only one to vote for it but I think a ball like that from a centre back is both unexpected and cheeky.
I'm right with you on this one. So very rare to see a CB lay on such an inch-perfect long ball from out of defence over the top like that.

Of course the sublime way Alli latched onto it then swivelled and scored all in the one movement did help somewhat. :rolleyes:

The most important of these were Lamela Eriksen vs Emirates Marketing Project. It basically secured CL and set us up as title contenders.

Personally I feel torn between Lamela Mason vs Sunderland and Eriksen Alli vs Stoke. Pure execution on the first touch from Eriksen there, but I love build up plays so Lamela to Mason edges it.

I have to say Mason's goal probably just edges it for me as it was a long move with something like 15-20 passes or something.

Not sure if this video does it full justice but it's better than most options out there:

Will see if i can find better ones so we can feel and see the Poch effect on this team's attacking - and how Mason can play a very key part in it from an attacking point of view...perhaps the injury sustained left him unable to reach those heights again last season..

I have to say Mason's goal probably just edges it for me as it was a long move with something like 15-20 passes or something.

Not sure if this video does it full justice but it's better than most options out there:

Will see if i can find better ones so we can feel and see the Poch effect on this team's attacking - and how Mason can play a very key part in it from an attacking point of view...perhaps the injury sustained left him unable to reach those heights again last season..
What a great goal that is. The commitment to passing and moving from all involved. The way we build triangles. The determination of the run from Mason. Lamela's movement and passing. Fantastic goal.

But I voted for Lamela vs Emirates Marketing Project. Everything about this assist is immense. Huge game, away, at bricky. Such determination and mentality for Lamela to drive right at the heart of the City defense. Then the beautifully weighted, timed slide-rule ball into Eriksen. Execution at its highest level, setting up the winner in a really important match.

Some other great assists in there too. Great thread. The quality of all of these goals is testament to the type of football this team plays and a great reflection of the top job Poch has done.

Back