• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Ben Davies

I thought he was brilliant today. Saved a certain goal in the first 10 mins and didn't put a foot wrong thereafter. Played some really nice balls too. Really settled in next to Romero it seems. Such a good pro.

Would agree, he (imo) has taken a lot unfair flack for not being up to the job over the years from a lot of fans. He is not a great player but he usually allways does a good job when asked.

Would agree, he (imo) has taken a lot unfair flack for not being up to the job over the years from a lot of fans. He is not a great player but he usually allways does a good job when asked.

He's been steady since covering for VDV, unfortunately he has made one off mistakes that actually costs us.

Game against Saudi Sportswashing Machine he was very good, seems to have adapted to Romero now, we will need more of the same until some combination of January & VDV's return

He's been steady since covering for VDV, unfortunately he has made one off mistakes that actually costs us.

Game against Saudi Sportswashing Machine he was very good, seems to have adapted to Romero now, we will need more of the same until some combination of January & VDV's return
Most players make one-off mistakes that can be seen to cost in some way. Not least Romero of late.
Davies quiet dependability is worth a lot in a defensive crisis. And he's shown he is capable of the one off interventions that save us too.

Most players make one-off mistakes that can be seen to cost in some way. Not least Romero of late.
Davies quiet dependability is worth a lot in a defensive crisis. And he's shown he is capable of the one off interventions that save us too.

Would be my thoughts about him as well, good player who just gets on and does his job. Most sides ( if not all) need/have players like him in a squad and he has shown that.

Has now done well as the LCB in a back three, in a back four. As a traditional left back. As an inverted left back and (previously as a wing back). Not outstanding in either position, but so useful. And much needed cover for VdV. Third best CB at the club in a back four in this system.

Summer may be a different story, but for January he makes cover at RCB much more important than LCB as he covers that really well.

I think he's been underated here, he's a solid player who rarely has a terrible game and has always played for the team, although he was not as dynamic as Rose his passing in the final third of the pitch was much better. Unfortunately he plays at a time when players are either "world class" or crap, no room for just being reliable.

I think he's been underated here, he's a solid player who rarely has a terrible game and has always played for the team, although he was not as dynamic as Rose his passing in the final third of the pitch was much better. Unfortunately he plays at a time when players are either "world class" or crap, no room for just being reliable.
His passing is, and has for a long time been, very good and underrated. We're seeing it now at centre back too. He's not outstanding at that either, if compared to Romero or the Belgians we used to have. But significantly better than Dier, Sanchez etc.

I definitely agree that he's been underrated for a long time. I have to say I'm a bit surprised and impressed to see him do this well as a CB in a back four. But him being good should come as a surprise to no one.

A good solid squad player as always.

I think he was directly at fault for the equalizer at Wolves and the first City goal (I think it was the first?), where he did exactly the same thing on both occasions, dropping back with the runner whilst the rest of the team is playing offside. That aside though, I think he’s soo assured on the ball and rarely gives it away that the positives outweigh the negatives. He compliments the way we play when we have the ball perfectly.

Last edited:
A good solid squad player as always.

I think he was directly at fault for the equalizer at Wolves and the first City goal (I think it was the first?), where he did exactly the same thing on both occasions, dropping back with the runner whilst the rest of the team is playing offside. That aside though, I think he’s soo assured on the ball and rarely gives it away that the positives out way the negatives. He compliments the way we play when we have the ball perfectly.
Tbf I would be inclined to only really judge him when he has a proper centre back next to him, which he has only had against wham and Saudi Sportswashing Machine.

He has been a rock since coming in. I just hope we dont think we no longer need another CB in, because I think we still do. IF VDV is back mid-Jan we can ship out Dier, as Davies is way ahead of him now
He said this yesterday:

"I wrote my letter to Santa," Postecoglou joked. "Like my kids, now I've just got to see whether I've been naughty or nice and see what I get.
"Obviously with where we're at injury-wise, we've got some significant games in January and signing somebody late in January could mean they have not been able to make an impact in those other games.
"We're pushing hard but you need all parties to agree to that. Other clubs, particularly if it's players they want, will be wanting to hold on them for as long as possible for their own reasons through January.
"It is a challenge, but everyone at the club is working hard to get the best outcomes for us. We'll see how it goes."

My MOTM. I thought the way he picked up that yellow yesterday - professional, snuffing out a Forest chance with the faintest of touches - should be an example to Bissouma and Romero. Very effective, at an absolutely vital moment / part of the pitch, and no chance for the ref to give him a red.

I wouldn't say it was unfair, he has struggled at times at LB and especially so in recent years. Hes not physically capable of the role anymore, but hes always been a competent defender and we've seen that the CB role does suit him especially at this stage of his career. It is said too often about players that it doesn't ring true with but he is a very good squad option.

I wouldn't say it was unfair, he has struggled at times at LB and especially so in recent years. Hes not physically capable of the role anymore, but hes always been a competent defender and we've seen that the CB role does suit him especially at this stage of his career. It is said too often about players that it doesn't ring true with but he is a very good squad option.
I think SOME of the criticism from some fans have been overstated so imo some of it HAS been unfair over the years. He is a player who will step in and generally does a good job. As you say he is a very good squad option.

Back