• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Ben Davies

Are you happy with the Ben Davies Signing?

• Total voters
I'm sure he was as well but he's an exceptional left back imo and considering we're looking to spend around £10 million on Davies it seems, I don't think an extra 5 million would be a huge leap (though the wages would obviously be vastly different).

I think leftback has become a more pressing issue than it was last year to be honest.

I think it's an unnecessary use of £10m. For one I don't think Davies is anything special, not to say I think he's bad but so much money on a relatively unimportant position on a player who arguably isn't much(if at all) any better than what we have seems a bit out there. I haven't given up on Rose, I know I'll be firmly in the minority on that but I don't think you can judge our players(particularly defenders) on the last six months, Tim coming in really hurt them. Under AVB we were well drilled and defensively very sound for the most part - bar the obvious obliterations(Rose played in none of them by the way). Rose only played the first four games of the season after a very successful loan spell at Sunderland, he was certainly rated higher at that point than Davies, his first four games were all decent performances where we only conceded once ... then he got injured and wasn't seen again until AVB was replaced by Tim. After that I agree he was poor but then I can say the same for all of our defenders, Tim just didn't set us up in a way to help our defence whilst AVB was at the other end of the scale. Chiriches is another one, seemed to adapt seamlessly and was looking like a superb signing. He struggled under Tim and now all I hear is "failed to adapt" or going even further "not good enough/won't make it". Just typical short memory overreaction.

I'm not putting it all on Tim but defensively we were a joke and I don't think it was because all of our defenders are total ****, just the setup really did not help them one bit.

Personally I always thought Neil Taylor was the better of the two and then he got injured. Davies hadn't done anything of note to get dropped.

Same here.

I guess a big difference being taylor is 25 and Davies 21.

Its win-win for Swansea.

10m seems a lot for Davies but there are not many good left backs around, so you have to pay a premium.

Same here.

I guess a big difference being taylor is 25 and Davies 21.

Its win-win for Swansea.

10m seems a lot for Davies but there are not many good left backs around, so you have to pay a premium.

The 32 mill Utd is a premium....10 mill is small change :)

I'm sure he was AVB's boy.

We're also not going to spend £15m on a LB now. The Kaboul and Dembele situations have given us other priorities that we didn't have 14 months ago (when Coentrao and Willian were the final two pieces we needed).

This is what you don't seem to get...there's no "situation" regarding Dembele. Just because you don't rate him or what he offers it doesn't make it a situation.

This is what you don't seem to get...there's no "situation" regarding Dembele. Just because you don't rate him or what he offers it doesn't make it a situation.
I think the situation GB is on about is the dodgy hip, and Kabouls's continuing injury problems too

Not sure what Dembele's prospects are at this point, but in a way every player is in a 'situation' because we have a new manager and system. They will all be looked at. Some he will like and will be kept, and others won't. And if as a player you are coming off a questionable season, and have some injury concerns to boot, then not really a shock that you'd come under some scrutiny from the new regime (or even the old one). I don't think Dembele has shown enough to be 'safe', lets put it that way.

Last edited:
That should be a decent deal for all concerned, if true. However, its actually extremely rare that player part exchanges or swaps happen in these transfers. Last time i remember one happening was when we gave West Ham some cash plus Matty Etherington for Kanoute. Oh actually the next season we sold Postiga back to Porto and got Pedro Mendes in exchange.

The problem is we only have two RBs, so would then need to replace Naughton.

If Rose, BAE or Siggy went the other way it would be much better as we already have 3 LBs and about 8 CMs, so would be trimming the squad in the right places.

If Rose, BAE or Siggy went the other way it would be much better as we already have 3 LBs and about 8 CMs, so would be trimming the squad in the right places.

Sig needs to **** off over to Swansea. Just a straight swap would do.

ps - is Davies even any good

Walker and Serge Aurier......... I'd be well happy with those two

No You Tube clips?

[video=youtube_share;yatlbf4_obU]http://youtu.be/yatlbf4_obU[/video]

Solid rather than spectacular, but still a young man.
An upgrade on Naughton, especially on the left. Has greater potential too with 4 years on Naughton.
Looks sound in the air. Rose is a little shorter so Davies could be deployed against teams with a greater aerial threat.

Ultimately, Naughton playing left back or shuffling Verts onto the left when Rose is injured or off form, meant we were defensively weak at left back. I guess it will depend on the price. We won't pay over the odds unless desperate.

Walker and Serge Aurier......... I'd be well happy with those two

That's a lot of money for a back-up FB though. Naughton is perfectly competent as a back-up RB (but not LB). I'd be happy to keep him unless he's actively agitating for a move.

FBs are a bit like GKs in that because there's only one starting spot and they don't tend to be versatile, its almost impossible to have 2 top players in your squad. Naughton and Fryers providing cover for Walker and Davies will do me fine.

No You Tube clips?

[video=youtube_share;yatlbf4_obU]http://youtu.be/yatlbf4_obU[/video]

Solid rather than spectacular, but still a young man.
An upgrade on Naughton, especially on the left. Has greater potential too with 4 years on Naughton.
Looks sound in the air. Rose is a little shorter so Davies could be deployed against teams with a greater aerial threat.

Ultimately, Naughton playing left back or shuffling Verts onto the left when Rose is injured or off form, meant we were defensively weak at left back. I guess it will depend on the price. We won't pay over the odds unless desperate.

That clip was deliberately put together to show his worst ever performance. It's like the reverse of the Dembele against United one.

Davies is already a massive upgrade on Rose, and I'm sure will quickly get up to BAE at his prime level.

That clip was deliberately put together to show his worst ever performance. It's like the reverse of the Dembele against United one.

Davies is already a massive upgrade on Rose, and I'm sure will quickly get up to BAE at his prime level.

looks solid in the clip against good opposition, nothing spectacular or any bombing runs, but id trust Poch.

Naughton is a solid if not spectacular full back, which sounds pretty much what this Ben Davies is like. Davies might well be better but if Naughton is being used it shouldnt be for more than £5m....

Back