• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Battlefield 3 Thread

Cant say ive experienced any cheating other than the stuff i mentioned in this thread a few pages pack. So many people shout "CHEAT" when they are losing tho lol does make me laugh... Even ive been called one to which i replied "how?" and the guy couldnt answer.
I do face alot of frustrating gamers tho... Not cheats... Just dingdongs!! One in particular was a guy on Metro TDM he camped the entire game in 1 building he rigged with C4 and if that didnt get you he did... But as he was support he just infinately resupplied himself, replacing C4 everytime someone tripped it. I called him out and he was like "yeah so what ive killed you 22 time u killed me once... Whos the loser!?" what a complete bellend. People like that wind me up and push me to force quit and go look for a lobby with players who wanna play the game properly

I love the c4, nothing more satisfying than surprising some campers by blowing the wall off a building and shooting them in the back, it does make you feel like BA Barracas

Sent from my Nexus S using Fapatalk 2

I love the c4, nothing more satisfying than surprising some campers by blowing the wall off a building and shooting them in the back, it does make you feel like BA Barracas

Sent from my Nexus S using Fapatalk 2

I dont disslike the C4 just dissliked the annoying tactics this particular player was using. He didnt leave the building for the whole game just set up camp and booby trapped the entrance, resupplying himself so he could replace the C4 everytime the killed someone silly enough to rush him. I got caught 3 times with his C4 as i was using grenades to clear them but he was replacing them quickly and i ran straight into it. If not he shot me from the window before i got there. Was no RPG allowed so couldnt flush him out. Very frustrating.

But used in the right way C4 is great... I dont use it enough really. Love rigging a few up on a Flag on conquest ;-)

Cant say ive experienced any cheating other than the stuff i mentioned in this thread a few pages pack. So many people shout "CHEAT" when they are losing tho lol does make me laugh... Even ive been called one to which i replied "how?" and the guy couldnt answer.
I do face alot of frustrating gamers tho... Not cheats... Just dingdongs!! One in particular was a guy on Metro TDM he camped the entire game in 1 building he rigged with C4 and if that didnt get you he did... But as he was support he just infinately resupplied himself, replacing C4 everytime someone tripped it. I called him out and he was like "yeah so what ive killed you 22 time u killed me once... Whos the loser!?" what a complete bellend. People like that wind me up and push me to force quit and go look for a lobby with players who wanna play the game properly

My camper-flushing kit:
Usually, I will have an RPG with me when trying to smoke a camper out, but we must make an exception when the server doesn't allow propelled explosives.
I will also assume that whatever building he's camping out isn't fully destructible, hence the camping. This is what I would use to kill an annoying camper, and although it might take you a couple of minutes, it should be worth it.

Support
Main weapon - Shotgun: When you know you need to go CQB, a shotgun will always trump whatever you're up against.
Equipment - C4: fighting fire with fire is the best way to clear out the camper. If the camper has placed the C4 around columns or otherwise out of your LOS, using your own C4 to clear out the camper's C4 will be the safest bet to reach him. The key here is to try to have an idea of where the camper is so he doesn't off you while you're throwing C4 around trying to clear each floor, methodically moving up.

Recon
This is a slight variation on the above tactic...
Equipment - MAV: The MAV will be your eyes as you clear the building. The best thing about the MAV is that it can enter the building through most openings, even windows. I also think MAVs having some sort of motion detection. The T-UGS is another possible tool, but enemies moving at sloth/camper speed won't be detected. When moving the MAV around inside the building, there's a chance the camper will use his C4 to blow it up. However, by doing this he opens himself up to being attacked, so again, pack a shotgun and blast his chest open.

My camper-flushing kit:
Usually, I will have an RPG with me when trying to smoke a camper out, but we must make an exception when the server doesn't allow propelled explosives.
I will also assume that whatever building he's camping out isn't fully destructible, hence the camping. This is what I would use to kill an annoying camper, and although it might take you a couple of minutes, it should be worth it.

Support
Main weapon - Shotgun: When you know you need to go CQB, a shotgun will always trump whatever you're up against.
Equipment - C4: fighting fire with fire is the best way to clear out the camper. If the camper has placed the C4 around columns or otherwise out of your LOS, using your own C4 to clear out the camper's C4 will be the safest bet to reach him. The key here is to try to have an idea of where the camper is so he doesn't off you while you're throwing C4 around trying to clear each floor, methodically moving up.

Recon
This is a slight variation on the above tactic...
Equipment - MAV: The MAV will be your eyes as you clear the building. The best thing about the MAV is that it can enter the building through most openings, even windows. I also think MAVs having some sort of motion detection. The T-UGS is another possible tool, but enemies moving at sloth/camper speed won't be detected. When moving the MAV around inside the building, there's a chance the camper will use his C4 to blow it up. However, by doing this he opens himself up to being attacked, so again, pack a shotgun and blast his chest open.

Nice advise mate... Next time im on i shall give those loadouts a run

So with Battlefield 3: Premium recently announced we are finally given an insight into the next 4 expansion packs after B2K. Was not too happy bout the premium release as it seems unfair to those of us who have already purchased B2K (and some may have even bought CQB by now) to group all the expansions in one pack with added extras for Premium only!! So basically if I want these extras and all the expansions at a cheaper price (plus 2 weeks earlier than everyone else) I've basically got to pay for B2K again!! Considering most people who play BF3 will likely already own B2K expansion this is a ridiculous move by EA!!

So now with the negatives out the way, on to the positives of the pack. So what do you get?

All 5 Expansion packs with early access

Own all five uniquely themed expansion packs and play them two weeks early. The classic, reimagined and remastered maps of Back to Karkand; the unrelenting, fast-paced action of Close Quarters; the largest map in Battlefield history featured in Armored Kill, plus two more expansion packs coming soon! GetÔÇÖem all and getÔÇÖem at a discount with Battlefield 3 Premium.

Exclusive in-game items

Stand out with exclusive in-game items including the one-of-a-kind ACB-90 knife and a set of Battlefield 3 Premium dog tags. Further customize your experience with Premium-only soldier and weapon camos and unique Assignments.

Access to powerful features

With Battlefield 3 Premium comes the unique chance to reset your Score/Minute, Kills/Deaths, and Wins/Losses stats if you want a fresh start with your multiplayer soldier. To further recognize your status, we give you queue priority into servers, more decals for your Platoon emblems, and the ability to save your favorite Battle Reports forever.

Exclusive douple-XP events

Rank up faster with exclusive Double XP events and other Premium events.

Inside tactics from DICE

Exclusive access to videos featuring tips and tactics straight from the developers at DICE, deep strategy guides, and sneak peeks from upcoming expansion packs.

Here's exactly what advantages you'll have over those who do not own BF3: Premium

Battlelog with BF3 Premium

Stats reset feature
Save up to five of your favorite Battle Reports
Increased Platoon Emblem layers
10+ unique Platoon emblem decals

Exclusive Content

Unique in-game knife
Unique in-game dog tags
10+ unique soldier camos
Unique weapon camos
5+ unique Assignments
Exclusive Double XP events
Exclusive videos
Strategy guides
Server queue priority

Also by buying Premium you'll save $25 than if you bought all the expansions individually plus you get all the extra content. So to sumerise it seems like a good deal... Just a shame there's no discount for people who already own B2K and/or CQB

http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf3/premium/

Eff that brick. EA is just trying to follow the CoD Elite subscription flimflam. They also need to stop calling these map packs expansion packs. Just because they add a vehicle or two does not make it an expansion pack all of a sudden.

Eff that brick. EA is just trying to follow the CoD Elite subscription flimflam. They also need to stop calling these map packs expansion packs. Just because they add a vehicle or two does not make it an expansion pack all of a sudden.

Nothing like ELITE mate as this is a 1 off payment for all 5 expansions... ELITE is a monthly/yearly subscription much like XBOX LIVE, and they only get 3 map packs for the same price.

Plus I see what your saying bout the maps but when you break it down they are justifiably "expansions"

Here's what you get all in all:

20 maps
20 weapons
10+ vehicles
4+ new game modes
30+ assignments

So with the game modes and assignments that'll add some more depth although not sure what the game modes are... got a sneaking suspicion that the rumours bout the dinosours in BF3 could be a horde mode or something. I hope they dont go down that route but I keep hearing these dino rumours! Would like BF3 to stick to realism and grittiness and let COD do the Nazi zombie flimflam!

Not justifying what EA have done with this pack as like I said, it bricks on those of us keen enough to pre-order the game and the first 2 expansions! Even if you do save $25 overall

Although I also noticed that the US will get this for $50 and UK ?ú40!! That means I'm paying ?ú8 MORE at the current exhange rate ($50 = ?ú32... ?ú40 = $62.50) So may call in a favour Papa if you wouldn't mind? (give you my Origin details to purchase pack in your region for me?)

Here's a calender with expansion release dates and double-xp events, etc

IMG_0144.jpg

I'd have no problem with that edgey. I'll have to research this some more then if it's not a subscription. Did you already pre-order the CQB 'expansion' (I'm sorry, but I'm used to expansions actually bringing a lot of new elements to the table, including single-player or at least some new coop missions). I preordered BF3 so I got B2K for free, but I'm still very skeptical about the CQB one.

Haven't read up on any rumors so this whole dinosaur thing is news to me. It sounds fantastical of course, but I'm imagining myself hovering a helicopter near a T-rex's head, firing a few rocket salvos into its face.

I'd have no problem with that edgey. I'll have to research this some more then if it's not a subscription. Did you already pre-order the CQB 'expansion' (I'm sorry, but I'm used to expansions actually bringing a lot of new elements to the table, including single-player or at least some new coop missions). I preordered BF3 so I got B2K for free, but I'm still very skeptical about the CQB one.

Haven't read up on any rumors so this whole dinosaur thing is news to me. It sounds fantastical of course, but I'm imagining myself hovering a helicopter near a T-rex's head, firing a few rocket salvos into its face.

Cheers mate, I'll return the favour of course.
I see what you mean tho, an expansion used to be alot more content but then with the CQB they have really ramped up the destruction engine so in a sense thats not just new maps but new tech too (or getting more out of the FB2 engine). I didn't pre-order CQB thankfully so this Premium Pack is actually still gonna save me money despite already owning B2K plus considering all the extras its actually looking very appealing the more I read up on it... 2 week early access on all upcoming packs, extra assignments, camo, customization options, exclusive DXP events... all sounds good to me. And if you consider the expansions are usually around ?ú12 each thats ?ú60 for all 5 and I'm getting it for ?ú40 plus extras. It's a 1 time payment not a subscription, more a pre-order I spose. So yeah think I'm sold on it

As for the Dino thing... I suppose it could be good if done the right way, but I'd rather see them do different locations, factions, theatres instead... Maybe a side story for single player too, few missions or few extra co-op missions?

Cheers mate, I'll return the favour of course.
I see what you mean tho, an expansion used to be alot more content but then with the CQB they have really ramped up the destruction engine so in a sense thats not just new maps but new tech too (or getting more out of the FB2 engine). I didn't pre-order CQB thankfully so this Premium Pack is actually still gonna save me money despite already owning B2K plus considering all the extras its actually looking very appealing the more I read up on it... 2 week early access on all upcoming packs, extra assignments, camo, customization options, exclusive DXP events... all sounds good to me. And if you consider the expansions are usually around ?ú12 each thats ?ú60 for all 5 and I'm getting it for ?ú40 plus extras. It's a 1 time payment not a subscription, more a pre-order I spose. So yeah think I'm sold on it

As for the Dino thing... I suppose it could be good if done the right way, but I'd rather see them do different locations, factions, theatres instead... Maybe a side story for single player too, few missions or few extra co-op missions?

Is it available to buy now?

Not got any of the expansions and thinking of giving bf another whirl

I really hope they aren't working on that.

Me too tbh... Like I said, let COD do the gimmicky zombie horde type guff. Not saying I would mind a horde mode on BF3 tho, with terrorists not Dinosaurs!! But I honestly think this is all fake, hoax, conspiracy theory, whatever... I'd imagine EA/DICE are having a giggle at how much pace this rumour has picked up (apparently most searched topic involving BF3)

Ok did some brief research into this "dino mode" rumour and apparently it all started here:

http://attackofthefanboy.com/featured/new-battlefield-3-easter-egg-starts-dino-mode-rumors/

Also other clues;

Battlefield-3-dinosaur.jpg

battlefield_3_dinosaur_mode-wide.jpg

scene from the singleplayer tank mission... Could be putting 2+2 and getting 5 but it's certainly got the BF fans thinking

Some fan made images:

deemy.jpg

actually it didnt start there at all. before the game was launched bf fans on forums started demanding a "dino" mode for months and almost became a cult so dice ran with it using that image in your 1st pic(think it was e3 last year) to keep the curiosity/suspense going

oh right... Also heard it had something to do with a forum comment saying a certain game (can't remember if it was Battlefield in question) "Needs more Dinosaurs"

Just tried to play a quick match but I keep getting this pop up when I try to set the region (usually set it to UK servers for better Ping... even just EU ones would do)

View attachment 678

oh right... Also heard it had something to do with a forum comment saying a certain game (can't remember if it was Battlefield in question) "Needs more Dinosaurs"

Just tried to play a quick match but I keep getting this pop up when I try to set the region (usually set it to UK servers for better Ping... even just EU ones would do)

468168_10151012832476282_2039045482_o.jpg

Back