• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Bale. Could we? Would we? Should we?

He can earn over 3 times that amount in 3 years (156m in 3 years ffs lol) and still have enough juice in the tank to play for a couple of seasons more.
Fcuk living in China. Maybe, just maybe I'd go there on a holiday but fudge living there for 3 years. Got no interest whatsoever so for that kind of money when you already have 100m just from your time at Real for salary alone in the bank. No chance. He's a greedy copout fool. What a waste.

https://whatbaleearns.co.uk/

Fcuk living in China. Maybe, just maybe I'd go there on a holiday but fudge living there for 3 years. Got no interest whatsoever so for that kind of money when you already have 100m just from your time at Real for salary alone in the bank. No chance. He's a greedy copout fool. What a waste.

https://whatbaleearns.co.uk/

What do you think is so bad about living in China? Espcially if you're as rich as Bale is / would be?

I guess he didn't really have options. But still...its a sorry day when such a talent is essentially retired to China for a payday. When he's just turned 30 he could be winning CLs and titles. Seems like an end to a career.

What do you think is so bad about living in China? Espcially if you're as rich as Bale is / would be?
What's the fudging point? Of all the places on earth you could live with 150m (guessing) already in the bank and you go and choose China? £££££££££££$$$$$$$$$$€

Can think of 10 countries I'd rather live in and play football than China.

I could understand if you were a relatively low key player who had a few million in the bank and wanted to earn shed loads but he doesn't really need any more money does he. As spurmeup says he probs didnt have many options but he could have taken a big pay cut and still lived a life of luxury 1000000 times over. It just looks like pure greed IMO. He could easily play in any competitive league in Europe for years.

It's the problem with the majority of footballers and football in general. Too much money, greed and mercenaries that don't give a fudge about playing anymore.

If you looked at Bale today when a reporter tried to speak to him after the atletico game he just walked off and ignored him. Pure arrogance. Footballers think they are the most important people in the world and its a sorry state of affairs I'm afraid. Blame that on the money.

Last edited:
If he goes it looks like he'll be based in Shanghai.

I've been there once and it's pretty amazing - to live there with £1m a week he'll be like a king. Amazing quality apartments, food, shopping, entertainment etc.

Better than Dubai for my personal tastes & nobody complains when people go there to live.

Good luck to the lad.

Edit: Though as others have said it's a shame we won't see him play competitively again. Would have liked him at Spurs.

I guess he didn't really have options. But still...its a sorry day when such a talent is essentially retired to China for a payday. When he's just turned 30 he could be winning CLs and titles. Seems like an end to a career.

He really did have a lot of options, what you mean is he didnt have many options that would not pay him more than 300k.

I dont have an issue with him taking the money, but lets not pretend he didnt have options.

What's the fudging point? Of all the places on earth you could live with 150m (guessing) already in the bank and you go and choose China? £££££££££££$$$$$$$$$$€

Can think of 10 countries I'd rather live in and play football than China.

I could understand if you were a relatively low key player who had a few million in the bank and wanted to earn shed loads but he doesn't really need any more money does he. As spurmeup says he probs didnt have many options but he could have taken a big pay cut and still lived a life of luxury 1000000 times over. It just looks like pure greed IMO. He could easily play in any competitive league in Europe for years.

It's the problem with the majority of footballers and football in general. Too much money, greed and mercenaries that don't give a fudge about playing anymore.

If you looked at Bale today when a reporter tried to speak to him after the atletico game he just walked off and ignored him. Pure arrogance. Footballers think they are the most important people in the world and its a sorry state of affairs I'm afraid. Blame that on the money.

I feel like we're maybe getting our wires crossed here.

Are you saying that you don't see why anybody would want to live in China full stop? Because I would strongly disagree with that. I've just come back from China and have friends who live out there. There are quite a few places I'd have no problems living in there and they are having an amazing time. Shanghai is an incredible, international city for example.

If you're saying you don't see why a player who, when fit, is still one of the best in the world, would go to China when he is just 30, then fair enough, I can see your point.

However, I'll put it like this. Bale has won everything there is in the game. He is at probably the biggest club in the world, if not too at the minimum top 2/3. Literally every single club he could move to would be a step down.

Yeah there are some players like Ronaldo who constantly work to achieve more, hit new heights. But not everyone is like that.

I imagine Bale sees his trophy cabinet, his iconic moments. He sees his body being able to handle seemingly half a season max of intense top level football. He sees a list of suitors who are all a step down. He sees his bank balance and his golf clubs.

And he probably says to himself, why not go to Shanghai? Ridiculous amounts of money (the kind of money that if he stays for 3 year, will set up not just his immediate family but his kids, their kids and maybe the generation after that. He is earning generational family money). Little effort. He'll be a superstar. He'll probably be able to dictate what he wants to do. I'm sure he'll golf to his hearts content.

Tbh, if I was as good as Bale, his career is pretty much what I'd have wanted to do. Start out my career, move to a club the level of spurs at the time he did, eventually make the jump to superstarsdom and the biggest trophies. Lead his team to one of their best ever international tournaments. Earn huge money. And then in my early 30s, I'd 100% want to go to China or Japan or a country in Asia to experience a different culture.

I feel like we're maybe getting our wires crossed here.

Are you saying that you don't see why anybody would want to live in China full stop? Because I would strongly disagree with that. I've just come back from China and have friends who live out there. There are quite a few places I'd have no problems living in there and they are having an amazing time. Shanghai is an incredible, international city for example.

If you're saying you don't see why a player who, when fit, is still one of the best in the world, would go to China when he is just 30, then fair enough, I can see your point.

However, I'll put it like this. Bale has won everything there is in the game. He is at probably the biggest club in the world, if not too at the minimum top 2/3. Literally every single club he could move to would be a step down.

Yeah there are some players like Ronaldo who constantly work to achieve more, hit new heights. But not everyone is like that.

I imagine Bale sees his trophy cabinet, his iconic moments. He sees his body being able to handle seemingly half a season max of intense top level football. He sees a list of suitors who are all a step down. He sees his bank balance and his golf clubs.

And he probably says to himself, why not go to Shanghai? Ridiculous amounts of money (the kind of money that if he stays for 3 year, will set up not just his immediate family but his kids, their kids and maybe the generation after that. He is earning generational family money). Little effort. He'll be a superstar. He'll probably be able to dictate what he wants to do. I'm sure he'll golf to his hearts content.

Tbh, if I was as good as Bale, his career is pretty much what I'd have wanted to do. Start out my career, move to a club the level of spurs at the time he did, eventually make the jump to superstarsdom and the biggest trophies. Lead his team to one of their best ever international tournaments. Earn huge money. And then in my early 30s, I'd 400% want to go to China or Japan or a country in Asia to experience a different culture.
Yeh sorry I meant he still Has it all to offer. Someone like Drogba who had won everything and then did it at 35 I get that. But just don't know why he's doing it now. I do get your point and understand where you're coming from though.
Tbf I'd pretty much suck anyone off for 1m a week so why not take the money and run eh.

You and others are right though he will live like a king and the Chinese will love him and shanghai does look amazing so I get all that. Its just a shame he's doing it now when I would loved to have seen him at spurs for 2 years or 3 then he could go to China. Nevermind eh.

W
He can earn over 3 times that amount in 3 years (156m in 3 years ffs lol) and still have enough juice in the tank to play for a couple of seasons more.
What's the point though? He's not going to make a pile of money, he ALREADY has a big f.ck off pile of money.
The point IS football, that thing he loved to death as a youngster and as he grew up. What Real Madrid have done for him is let him be romantic about football again, the rich bit has been done.

Chinese football is gonad*s. I would love to be in his position. If it meant I could play for Swansea/Cardiff for 50k a week...I would.

W

What's the point though? He's not going to make a pile of money, he ALREADY has a big f.ck off pile of money.
The point IS football, that thing he loved to death as a youngster and as he grew up. What Real Madrid have done for him is let him be romantic about football again, the rich bit has been done.

Chinese football is gonad*s. I would love to be in his position. If it meant I could play for Swansea/Cardiff for 50k a week...I would.

Why does any rich successful person continue working past the point they have set themselves up for a comfortable life?

I lived in Shanghai for six years. It’s an amazing, fun city. Pollution is the only downside and it is undeniably a big issue.

Last edited:
He really did have a lot of options, what you mean is he didnt have many options that would not pay him more than 300k.

I dont have an issue with him taking the money, but lets not pretend he didnt have options.

If you accept its a short career - your expertise can only earn you money for a few more years - it would be hard to take a 50% pay cut when offered an increase! Would you? There are choices and choices.

He just wants to mix it and compare notes with Moussa. Ex Spurs lads living it up in China in the twilight of their careers making a killing

If you accept its a short career - your expertise can only earn you money for a few more years - it would be hard to take a 50% pay cut when offered an increase! Would you? There are choices and choices.

I have no issue with him taking the money, nor did I want us to sign him back.

But his choices where to get paid a lot of money and still play professional football, or get paid more than a lot and retire.

also, when you are taking a 50% pay cut on 600k.....

Back