• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Bale. Could we? Would we? Should we?

As long as he gets a proper haircut.

I thought the same!

As i have said before his biggest asset was his pace and with all the pulled hamstrings and muscles injurys he has had over the last few years then he MUST have lost some of that pace. Bale ( imo) would NOT be worth the outlay ( in transfer fee, wages ) it would cost us to get him.

I would rather spend that money on player/s for the future not a player who ( imo) is one from the past.

Im kind of on the fence with it.

On balance, I err more to spending it on a couple of really promising players. However, I cannot deny Bale in fine form for a couple of seasons could be a real game changer.

Obviously the gamble is in whether or not he can stay fit and on form.

I thought the same!

Im kind of on the fence with it.

On balance, I err more to spending it on a couple of really promising players. However, I cannot deny Bale in fine form for a couple of seasons could be a real game changer.

Obviously the gamble is in whether or not he can stay fit and on form.

I agree and for the money it would cost us to find that out i would rather we passed, but i think its wishful thinking that he would return here anyway.

I agree and for the money it would cost us to find that out i would rather we passed, but i think its wishful thinking that he would return here anyway.
You are probably right that we should give this a pass. It might happen but it won't be cheap and we might be wiser spending our money elsewhere.

Buying Bale would be like a middle-aged man buying an old porche he can barely afford when he really needs two practical cars he will use for years to come.

Would one Bale be equal to one Sessegnon plus one Pulisic ? Can't be far off when you take everything into consideration.

It seems some here are still so grateful it's no longer the 90s and are more than content with CL qualification, the odd runners up and semi final appearances.

Sorry chaps but I want the big prizes and you don't get those with a mentality fixated on ''oh he's gona be so good in a few years and we can then sell him for a huge profit......''

I'm pleased Poch and latterly Daniel agree with me!

Too bad for the naysayers :D

It seems some here are still so grateful it's no longer the 90s and are more than content with CL qualification, the odd runners up and semi final appearances.

Sorry chaps but I want the big prizes and you don't get those with a mentality fixated on ''oh he's gona be so good in a few years and we can then sell him for a huge profit......''

I agree we need to move away from the model of just buying potential, and worrying about resale value of a player etc and focus more on bringing in established top quality. Just a couple would really make the difference. But as much as I hope it will happen, I can’t see Bale being one of them...

You are probably right that we should give this a pass. It might happen but it won't be cheap and we might be wiser spending our money elsewhere.

Buying Bale would be like a middle-aged man buying an old porche he can barely afford when he really needs two practical cars he will use for years to come.

Would one Bale be equal to one Sessegnon plus one Pulisic ? Can't be far off when you take everything into consideration.

Actually Bale is better than Pulisic +Sessegnon combined, no question for me (now)

The question for the club = do we focus on the next 2 years and really try to change the established order (win trophies now, push for title now) or do we continue our gradual climb, and continue to manage the occasional loss of top player and keeping picking up the next Eriksen, Son, Sanchez, etc.

Not our model, but there is an argument that = Bale +TA (pay his ask) +1 other quality player (CM/FB) could make Spurs a title winning side

Chances of us picking a player in his prime are slim. But I still have some belief. But for you to even think its remotely
possible a lot has to come into play. For one he would have to take a wage drop. That is without question. Could we pay him 200k? possible as long we
we also pay some of the others. Can we afford that plus signing him? I believe so. Will he take 200k? and drop down a lot in wages for a kind
of hometown discount? that is the crux of the matter. I can see Bale liking the idea of coming back, I can see him liking the idea of helping us win
the league and being a star in our team. Will this help him take less wages? Slim but possible.

I don't t we will get him, but one of things that may sway him is having played second fiddle to Ronaldo maybe, just maybe he would like to come somewhere where he would be a legend.
He won't get that in a Jose team either.
Unlikely, but we live in hope...

Everybody pointing out that we couldn't do it financially are right of course, but it's factors such as these, the non-financial considerations that give us what small hope we may have.

I tell you one thing: if it were to happen, it would restore a big chunk of my long lost faith in the game.

"Gareth Bale, Gareth Bale....you were born to play for Spurs, you were born to play for Spurs" is one of the best football songs ever in my opinion. The words are perfect and of course it is the welsh national anthem..

For those that want him back I suggest we meet at Trafalgar Square and spend a couple of hours singing it... The news coverage of 10,000 Tottenham fans showing our love for him might just swing his opinion...

COYS...

I'm with you here. I'm all for getting the Sanchez's and the Dele's of this world and we should absolutely continue to do that. But a smattering of star dust should take us up a level, performance wise and commercially. If we had a remote opportunity for Bale, the idea of turning it down because we can sign someone else who may be as good in 5 years, who we can then sell for a profit...no sir. Not for me. Not anymore!

Slim to none? Yiu mean there is a chance, even if it's miniscule? I'l take that;)

So-Youre-Telling-Me-Theres-A-Chance-Dumb-and-Dumber.gif

Want us to sign Bale, and drink lots of ale, our chances of winning the title would be off the scale...

‘Nick nack paddy wack give the dog a bone’

‘Do it baldy freaky man, and bring our Welsh lad home’

Actually Bale is better than Pulisic +Sessegnon combined, no question for me (now)

The question for the club = do we focus on the next 2 years and really try to change the established order (win trophies now, push for title now) or do we continue our gradual climb, and continue to manage the occasional loss of top player and keeping picking up the next Eriksen, Son, Sanchez, etc.

Not our model, but there is an argument that = Bale +TA (pay his ask) +1 other quality player (CM/FB) could make Spurs a title winning side
Well nothing is certain with transfers, even Bale returning, I'm sure you would agree. I don't know if we should break our transfer model now or not. No clue. Maybe it is the time to be 'brave' if that is what Poch meant. When Bale scored that goal on Saturday night I wanted him like a horny dog in horny season but now the eurporia has worn off I'm not so sure.Yes Bale and Toby and whoever might propel us to a title but with City's resources (and Utd's) I'd have to say the chance are probably still relatively small. The planets would really need to align for it to happen. The scenario where Bale and Toby get crocked might even be more likely :oops:.

My heart says buy the Porche, my head says it will end in tears. Anyway I hope this drags on all summer to keep us amused.

Last edited:
Back