• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

AVB & Spurs Tactics and Formations discussion thread

60+ appearances for the club, but let's just base an entire opinion around 45 minutes In which basically everyone was as bad/worse. Ok.

Accordingly you can accept the fact that his form has simply dipped, not fukking rocket science just honesty mate. YOu talk as if that 45 minutes was his only bad performance this season

Accordingly you can accept the fact that his form has simply dipped, not fukking rocket science just honesty mate. YOu talk as if that 45 minutes was his only bad performance this season

In fairness the guy is constandly coming back from injury and playing a different position every time he comes on.

What really tinkles me off about this thread is how so many of you especially in particular Gutter Boy delight in blaming Defoe for our recent lack of form.

We have lost 3 league matches in a row,

Arsenal wiped the floor with us and Defoe did not play

Man Utd beat us and all Defoe did was come on at the end when we were 3:0 down and score a goal

Yes today he played 90 minutes and we lost, but the simple fact is he probably looked more like scoring than any other Spurs player on the pitch.

Personally I would have played VDV on the right of midfield and left Modric and Bale in their strongest positions

In fairness the guy is constandly coming back from injury and playing a different position every time he comes on.

Then maybe we should focus on VDV's fitness issues instead of giving Defoe stick for being picked in his place, Rossi and Gutter Boy take note

VDV hasn't been fit lately, but looked up for it when introduced tonight.

I can see him having a majorly positive impact on our run-in.

Oh, nearly forgot, Harry out!

Rooney has dips in form too but you don't see Fergie dropping him for Hernandez, it's just what you do with the top players, play them back into form. 8 seasons of watching Defoe has told me that 9 times out of 10 away from home he may aswell not even be there, it's how he's always been and how he always will be. I'm not putting it entirely on him but VDV makes the team play well, Defoe just hopes the team plays well enough for him to get on the end of chances. Harry did him no favours by messing the rest of the team up, anyone(who dares to disagree with Harry) could see we were going to struggle to threaten them as not only had we weakened ourselves upfront, but also weakened ourselves on the left, the right and centrally. Harry has these crazy ideas from time to time, where instead of just weakening the one position(because of Lennon's injury) he decides to rejig the rest of the side which ultimately weakens us in numerous positions.

I think it's Harry, not sure whether it's the England job or what, but until 2 weeks ago he'd made very few errors, now he's making batbrick crazy decisions which means we're constantly fighting an uphill battle.

I don't believe that a distracted manager would make anywhere near as much difference as a distracted team. That said, our last three league games have been tough ones and even on top form, we would have struggled to get much out of them.

I don't believe that a distracted manager would make anywhere near as much difference as a distracted team. That said, our last three league games have been tough ones and even on top form, we would have struggled to get much out of them.

but the possibility of the manager leaving would in turn distract the players . . .

Rossi - you said Harry made strange selection decisions in the past, but you also say he only started making strange selections since the England thing?

Roy - Alan Hansen just said on the beeb that players will use anything as an excuse for a bad performance, so you never know what is consciously or subconsciously affecting them.

Having said that, we played very well against Man U so there was no particular problem, just a slip up from Walker, a slip up from Modric and we're chasing it

Against Everton nearly everyone agrees we should have kept Modric and Bale in their best positions and played anyone (VdV, Rose, Kranc, Sandro) on the right, so yes I think Harry picked the wrong team/formation

Also against Everton, Friedel got a hand to their goalbound shot and tipped it just inside the post, he couldn't get 1cm more and tip it onto the post. Whereas Saha's effort hit the inside of the post, hit the keeper on the knee and came out - just 1cm further into the goal and it would probably have bounced in. Gah.

In the past meaning prior to this season. But this season prior to the Arsenal game he'd gotten very little wrong - only Modric/Kranjcar CM at home to City comes to mind.

@ Bullet. I'm watching it yeah. It wouldn't surprise me tbh they're a delicate bunch footballers.

it don't think it's a case of being 'delicate flowers' tbf, having issues going on which can/will effect your future will have an effect on you, it's not really something you can control

it don't think it's a case of being 'delicate flowers' tbf, having issues going on which can/will effect your future will have an effect on you, it's not really something you can control

Players like Modric, Bale, King, Walker, Parker, Sandro who all played today would know that they would very much be in favour whoever comes in. Ade needs to be impressing game in game out to show he warrants a permanent move. Defoe should be busting a gut to prove he deserves to be on the plane in the summer.

But something's wrong.

Funny how Defoe is getting all this stick but Ade was utter gash against Everton, never created anything and never remotely looked like scoring. But how dare I say a bad word against Ade, nope it is all because Defoe played

I bet Gutter Boy is gutted he did not play against Arsenal, one less stick to beat him with

And am I the only who noticed how many times our midfield gave the ball away under no pressure at all? But it was all Defoe's fault.

Funny how Defoe is getting all this stick but Ade was utter gash against Everton, never created anything and never remotely looked like scoring. But how dare I say a bad word against Ade, nope it is all because Defoe played

I bet Gutter Boy is gutted he did not play against Arsenal, one less stick to beat him with

And am I the only who noticed how many times our midfield gave the ball away under no pressure at all? But it was all Defoe's fault.

Exactly Ade was so so poor today. Arab spur must be rolling his eyes into a frenzy after Defoe being offside today and not scoring 10 goals too.

Ade was beyond awful. Happy? On the whole though, Ade contributes more to the team than Defoe, this relates to Saha to, not just Defoe. I'm sure GB would agree. But taking out our best ball player(possibly after Modric) and replacing him with a striker/poacher doesn't make a team more attacking(contrary to popular belief) afterall, you need the ball to attack. With Ade and Defoe, they're relying on the team to play well and create chances for them, I just don't think you can carry two of these players away from home. Whereas with Rafa, not only is he our most composed finisher but he makes the team play well, he links the midfield to our attack, something which would've been of great help today seeing as though our other best creative players had been moved into positions they've proven to be fairly ineffectual from in the past.

Back