• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

AVB Press Conference

When Redknapp was linked with England, our press guy would often tell the journalists off for asking those questions and quickly remind them it was a Spurs press conference. I expect the same tomorrow.

Redknapp was banned from answering questions on the England job evidently

AVB's media handling when he was pretty poor when he was at Chelsea and he often came across as short tempered and irritated by journalists. I can understand why he felt like this and would probably be the same myself but it did not help him and you can only get away with this kind of thing from a position of strength, when the press smell blood it is a disastrous approach. Hopefully, he has learnt from this and the press give him an easier ride this time out.

He always used to hold his press conferences on a Thursday when he was at Chelsea, this irked the media. You need them on your side as much as possible.

AVB's media handling when he was pretty poor when he was at Chelsea and he often came across as short tempered and irritated by journalists. I can understand why he felt like this and would probably be the same myself but it did not help him and you can only get away with this kind of thing from a position of strength, when the press smell blood it is a disastrous approach. Hopefully, he has learnt from this and the press give him an easier ride this time out.

Completely my position. Don't give the fudgers anything.

If AVB didn't have a good answer to the question "where did things go wrong for you at Chelsea?" then Levy would not have hired him.

When Redknapp was linked with England, our press guy would often tell the journalists off for asking those questions and quickly remind them it was a Spurs press conference. I expect the same tomorrow.

40% - questions about Harry and if he can ever match his 'greatness'

40% - questions about Chelsea and why did he bench Frank Lamapard and Ashley Cole

5% - questions about Jose Mourinho's ****

3% - questions about Jermaine Jenas' role in the team

2% - questions about the Europa League

Last edited:
Going to be a really interesting watch - both to see how AVB handles the media in terms how he chooses to come across, and how he answers the difficult questions.

There's plenty of AVB press conferences on Youtube where he comes across as very happy to talk to the press. He likes to answer any questions in as much detail as possible. So I don't have a problem with his handling. And I'm sure he's been prepping all week in how to answer questions on his time at Chelsea, hopefully he's got a succint answer that explains it clearly to people. And then it will be on to explaining our new direction and plans for the team.

Also would like to see some Rodgers-esque spinning. Rodgers has delivered a masterclass in media handling this week IMO. With the Sig thing, he got fans, board and players onside with not very many words. But they were chosen carefully and all served their purpose. AVB definitely has a different style in terms of liking to give detail, but I'd be interesting to see how he does in this aspect.

Back