• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Attn. DIYers

Crawley

Board Legend
I've got a couple of new internal doors to stain/varnish.

Doors are pine, and I want to retain the colour as much as possible, so will be using a neutral/clear stain.

Question is, has anyone used wax on doors like this, and is it any better than regular stain or varnish?

Also, best method for applying it? Brush or cloth?

Ta.

Crawley - I need to do it too.

Well done fo rthis haha

I was gonna buy one of those ronseal tubs with a sponge and just dab it on.

Just bumped into a mate as I was buying.

Was going to go for wax, but apparently something in the wax attracts dogs..............which may actually suit you, DSF. Anyway, seems the dogs are prone to licking the wax after its applied, so I plumped for quick dry clear varnish, which does exactly what it says on the tin, allegedly.

Bought a nice new brush to do it with, as recommended by my carpenter.

Just bumped into a mate as I was buying.

Was going to go for wax, but apparently something in the wax attracts dogs..............which may actually suit you, DSF. Anyway, seems the dogs are prone to licking the wax after its applied, so I plumped for quick dry clear varnish, which does exactly what it says on the tin, allegedly.

Bought a nice new brush to do it with, as recommended by my carpenter.

I despise you - I try to be nice and i get a smack around the face grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr ;)

Back