• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Attacking with intent/purpose

i think we're still unfit and mentally struggle to cope with poch's game.

the boys are like 110% trying to dispossess the opposition that once they get the ball, they can't maintain that 110% and start to take a breather.

what they need to do is get over impressing the boss, and learn to press but at their own pace, so that they still have enough in them to launch a quick attack.

attacking with intent/purpose is about opportunities to move forward, but eventually it comes down to being in a position to make a run/show towards goal. i.e. the striker can't just wait for ball, he has to create the opportunity for himself

Interesting thread. I really hope we can see soon where The Poch vision is going. Can't really see it yet.

One thing is certain.

Baldini HAS to go. We really have bought some dross.

Getting rid of Baldini would be very silly now. You've got to back his (and Levy and Poch's) vision. If you chop and change now, that would just set us off in another 2-3 year transition with 25 players unsuitable for the new guy.

It would be like the random see-sawing between up-and-at-em managers and technical possession-based ones - we just end up in a limbo with the worst of both.

positive outlook..i on the other hand have started to think about the much maligned 4-4-2..soon as Kane came on in support of Soldado, we looked more potent upfront. plus, IIRC at one stage under Jol, we were more solid defending with two banks of four denying space..very difficult to break down.

I'm more than happy to see Kane used at times on the left of the 3 in place of Chadli. That's what Poch wanted Rodriguez (or Welbeck as a 6-month stop gap) for. Kane's versatile enough to be go in that role.

4-4-2 just leaves you completely overrun in midfield (see Timmeh's defensive fragility). There's a reason everyone has now abandoned it.

Personally I'm not a fan of the inverted winger that we have employed since Harry left. It narrows the pitch too much. Whilst it leaves space for the full back to over lap, which I thought would be a GHod send for Kyle Walker, we haven't been utilising that as much as we should. Of the two holding midfielders we use, they should alternate with one joining the attacks, pivoting to push the ball forward with pace. There is a degree of lethargy at times that annoys me.

Obviously it doesn't help that teams have us sussed at WHL now. If they sit back then spaces and opportunities are rare to come by, and we are susceptible on the break. It is too early to say Pochettino's style isn't working, I'd say at least 10-12 games in the league will be the right time to judge that.

Getting rid of Baldini would be very silly now. You've got to back his (and Levy and Poch's) vision. If you chop and change now, that would just set us off in another 2-3 year transition with 25 players unsuitable for the new guy.

Why? Which of his buys have been a success? They are either unmitigated disasters or average at best. What added value has he brought - or will he bring? Has he secured the managers first choice requirements? Has he unearthed any rough diamonds? Has he overpaid for over-rated players?

What, pray, has he achieved for the club? Must go.

Why? Which of his buys have been a success? They are either unmitigated disasters or average at best. What added value has he brought - or will he bring? Has he secured the managers first choice requirements? Has he unearthed any rough diamonds? Has he overpaid for over-rated players?

What, pray, has he achieved for the club? Must go.

He's only been in the job about 15 months. A DoF's focus is by definition 2-5 years into the future.

Remember how Comolli's biggest successes only came to fruition after he'd left the club (Modric, Bale, BAE, Kaboul etc.).

In the last 2-and-a-bit years we've gone from having about the oldest squad in the league to the youngest. We've upgraded technically across the board. We can make 11 changes now and still cruise through cup games. And all this has been done while turning a profit. That's not exactly a bad start.

He's only been in the job about 15 months. A DoF's focus is by definition 2-5 years into the future.

Remember how Comolli's biggest successes only came to fruition after he'd left the club (Modric, Bale, BAE, Kaboul etc.).

In the last 2-and-a-bit years we've gone from having about the oldest squad in the league to the youngest. We've upgraded technically across the board. We can make 11 changes now and still cruise through cup games. And all this has been done while turning a profit. That's not exactly a bad start.

Did you watch the games against Nottm and Partisan? I'm not sure either qualify as cruising.

Back