• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Atmosphere WHL.

We are Tottenham

Kasey Keller
Just want to say this ...as an old Spurs fan...

Most of my games at the Lane were paid at the turnstile.50s 60s 70 80s..

Not so many Season Tickets in those days!...However I.m not anti season ticket far from it...but it should be known
by the club that not everyone can afford a season ticket..or indeed for what ever reason work etc thay might not be
able to attend every single week.

thats why last night [ Ledlys testimonial] possibly had more ..I hessitate to say this... real fans ..but you know...not fans that are too snobby to
shout a bit...Coy Spurs..........................................................................................................................

anyway...I hope that when the new White Hart Lane is built, the club will sign up more Spurs special club members[not just season ticket holders]
that can phone in before a game simply give them their membership number.. a week or fortnight what ever...first come first serve to get the seat. This will enable the more
ordinary Spurs fan once in awhile being able to see their team play!

I have been to many a pub Spurs TV game...when we are at home and seen pationate fans in London pubs...who should really be at the game..

. I have always felt that more Tickets should be available to more local,
I hate to say this,the poorer fans and those that can't afford to pay every single week..some fans may have to work some days during the season as well..no point getting a season ticket
if that is you.

If we a larger club members and the club made more seats available for what ever reason cannot get to the ground every home game
I believe the atmosphere would be better by at least by 25% perhaps more..

BTW....I hope we have at least a 58000 capacity or more this would help at least a couple of thousand fans hopefully going to the game
other than well off VIPs who will undoubtedly snatch up tickets when a spanking new super White Hart Lane is opened up..[ I can see this happening!]
56000 will be swallowed up at the drop of a hat IMO.

We dont want WHL to be half muted during the games do we? ....with fans going along just for the status of having a Season ticket at the new White hart Lane ..... only
i fear that may happen,,,anyway.....Come on you Spurs

Thankyou ...all you super Tottenham fans for listening to my written words..LOL

I think its a little more complicated than a "prawn sandwich phalanx" issue and/or number of season ticket holders.

Look at the number of people including yourself who said the atmosphere at King's testimonial was great, someone even commented "it was so great to see Spurs play at a game where the result wasn't critical"

It's the pressures of the modern game and/or the image of the CL sold to us by the media. We (and look at the posts on this board) have completed bought this "if we don't get CL, we will never have decent players, we will be irrelevant as a club and it's only a matter of time until we get relegated and go the way of the dodo"

I suspect, no fan felt/thought that in the 50's all the way up until the 90's ... now we have been sold it, the pressure/tension tells, there are many times now where I don't enjoy critical Spurs games because it has become this mental "must win". To me, that more than anything is why the atmosphere at almost all top clubs has gone down.

Agreed.

It's why the Park Lane/Shelf corner is always the best place for atmosphere. Paxton is as big a mortuary as the west stand now with all the STs.

I also think EL games, where there are more general sale tickets, have a better atmosphere than domestic competitions. A lot less cynicism.

I think its a little more complicated than a "prawn sandwich phalanx" issue and/or number of season ticket holders.

Look at the number of people including yourself who said the atmosphere at King's testimonial was great, someone even commented "it was so great to see Spurs play at a game where the result wasn't critical"

It's the pressures of the modern game and/or the image of the CL sold to us by the media. We (and look at the posts on this board) have completed bought this "if we don't get CL, we will never have decent players, we will be irrelevant as a club and it's only a matter of time until we get relegated and go the way of the dodo"

I suspect, no fan felt/thought that in the 50's all the way up until the 90's ... now we have been sold it, the pressure/tension tells, there are many times now where I don't enjoy critical Spurs games because it has become this mental "must win". To me, that more than anything is why the atmosphere at almost all top clubs has gone down.

Quality post, I think with pretty accurate sentiments.

I personally don't care about the whole top 4 thing and would be happy if over a 10 year period we qualified say twice and always looked liked a challenger for the top few places during a season, even if we ended up dropping off and finishing 5th/6th. Thats my personal philosophy, I just want to go and watch us play good, fast and attacking football and win the odd cup every now and then, hang about the top 6 and that will do for me.

That still doesn't mean I don't get those feelings of tension and anxiety because I do and I now don't sing as much as I used to because I am so busy concentrating and analysing the game myself, trying to see where the next mistake might come from that the tension in me is palpable for any game that has something riding on it, be it local pride in league game against Arsenal with nothing other than 3 points at stake really or a winner takes all cup final.

Too true. Only a few seasons back, when we were struggling mid-table, I thought the general atmosphere at our home matches was far more vocal than it is today. We've got a great deal to learn from this lot;

[video=youtube;-5asWERr8-8]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-5asWERr8-8[/video]

And I really hope the club sees the value of something like the 1882-movement, and work closely with them in the years to come to create zones in the stands for people who would actually like to be there to sing their hearts out. Incredibly important, I think, when we move to a bigger stadium - we don't want to end up like another Emirates.

To get the atmosphere up I think the following would work.

(cheaper tickets are a given)

You can buy tickets on the day - you have to enter when you buy your tickets (no chance of reselling)

the tickets have seating / standing places but unreserved before the day ( means you can sit next to your mates)

You are allowed todrink at your seat up until 20 minutes before kick off.

This would mean people gettting to the ground early - gettting together with your mates- building the atmosphere. Security will still be there as you need your member number and it is allocated to a seat / standing.

never happen though

I 100% believe that there should be auditions to get a season ticket behind the goal in the new Kop/Wall.

In the coming couple of seasons the club should be handing out little cards... given to current season ticket holders that are vocal and like to sing. They can be handed out by a Tottenham employee who sits within that area. This card entitles them to purchase a season ticket in said area.

We cannot do an Arsenal and have the vocal minority scattered around the stadium.

The cup games where the 18?? movement had a block were great, get them some more tickets and it will spread, look at Palace !!

Used to be a crap atmosphere now look at it, rocking every week with the fans looking fwd to the games every week not dreading the whole experience

For the 1st time in 16 years as an ST holder going this year was a total chore and I missed more games than any other home season because of that reason, I just couldnt be arsed

I had to give mine up due to managing my own team on Saturdays well not mine but you know

atmosphere has definitely declined as we have got better when we were **** and lets be fair we kinda was (to others) the atmosphere was great

The 1882 movement* are great though loved being at the lane when they were there just once but they really made a difference

The cup games where the 18?? movement had a block were great, get them some more tickets and it will spread, look at Palace !!

Used to be a crap atmosphere now look at it, rocking every week with the fans looking fwd to the games every week not dreading the whole experience

For the 1st time in 16 years as an ST holder going this year was a total chore and I missed more games than any other home season because of that reason, I just couldnt be arsed

Yeah, what the hell happened at Palace? When did their support become so great? What happened there? Really impressed whenever they're playing at home now, cannot remember it being like that the last time Palace was in the Premier League.

Yeah, what the hell happened at Palace? When did their support become so great? What happened there? Really impressed whenever they're playing at home now, cannot remember it being like that the last time Palace was in the Premier League.

Its literally the last few seasons

Anyone notice a few guys in Paxton lower attempting to start a Mexican wave? They must have failed about 10 times but it finally got going

The "Mexican Wave" right up there with the pathetic "Stand-up if you hate Arsenal" Why don't we all wear "I'm a small minded fan of a little club" T shirts?

Think I'm done with the whole match-day experience. I prefer just watching in the pub. Atmosphere during a game is probably actually louder/better in the bricklayers. I'm sure some people won't be impressed that I'm not going to the stadium and giving my hard-earned money to the club but in the pub I can stand for 90 minutes, yell/sing as much as I like and have a pint or two.

Think I'm done with the whole match-day experience. I prefer just watching in the pub. Atmosphere during a game is probably actually louder/better in the bricklayers. I'm sure some people won't be impressed that I'm not going to the stadium and giving my hard-earned money to the club but in the pub I can stand for 90 minutes, yell/sing as much as I like and have a pint or two.

I really enjoy watching the football that way and as I'm never gonna be financially able to have a season ticket, it's the way I take in most games. But going to The Lane is a treat and if I ever could get to go to every match I'd rip your arm off to do so!

Just because a fan is local doesn't make them more of a fan than someone who lives miles away and will always support the side. There are supporters clubs in almost every country in the World, why are they less relevant than local fans?

I've not been able to afford to see us. I would love to be there week in, week out. Every time I've been, I've sung as loud as I can and almost lost my voice at times.

So whilst the approach to encourage fans to attend who will improve the atmosphere is very welcome, please don't think that fans who are not local don't care as much because, trust me, we do!!

As a self-confessed Sky addict I'll admit I 'm having more and more trouble coping with actually being at the stadium. Yeah of course it's great to take in the atmosphere and all that, there's obviously nothing quite like it, but nowadays I'm constantly looking for replays on the big screen that either never come or when they do are too fuzzy to make out what's going on anyway.

Like most fans I missed one of the goals the other night because i was watching the big screen trying to make out what was happening with the lino. How stupid is that.

I want to see standing again, but we'll never get that - such a shame.

I really miss that time, now we are spoilt and pampered with internet, mobile devices and generally getting lazy. Lost the passion a bit, miss the buzz and atmos, wasn't WHL considered one of the best grounds being 'old style' close to the fans ? Damn sitting down at games.

Back