• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

At last - welcome to the new Nasty Tottenham.

We were at it from the first minute and managed to go 2 up so I don't think it's a fair reflection of the game to say we threw the lead away because we lost our heads.

Are you saying we played all the way through the way we did in the last 20 minutes or so because if you are ( imo) you are wrong. I agree we did not lose the two goal lead because we lost our heads but we ( as other have said) lost the plot in the last 15 minutes. We seemed more intent of taking our frustration out on the Chelski players rather then playing our own game and that COULD have cost us the chance to win the game.

Agree. Didnt stop us going 2-0 up.

People seem to be underestimating the impact Hazard coming on had in the 2nd half

Not at all Hazard came on and showed what a great player he is, the point that several are making is that us losing our heads in the last 15 minutes or so played against us ( and into Chelski's hands) and COULD have cost us the game.

Agree. Didnt stop us going 2-0 up.

People seem to be underestimating the impact Hazard coming on had in the 2nd half

But it helped us drop 2 point!

Hazard was outstanding and his goal was exquisite, but we were also dunderheads

Its quite clear that a few people on this site have never played football in a competitive environment. Even at the lowest levels there are clams, wind-up merchants and slimy tossers who will do anything to gain an edge and are nasty feckers to boot. You can't just turn the other cheek and expect to waltz through their defence, win 6-0 and take the moral high ground. You have to come to the table, match their aggression and THEN you play your football. It needs both to be a title-winning team.
Finally.
Agreed. And you learn how to balance it all when you're a young side. I will guess that the difference in average ages Monday between the sides must've been 5 years - a long time in the Prem!

One thing is for sure; we didn't get any extra fans from that display vs Chelsea! Only more hate against us.

cropped_Wall-LOLZ.gif

Think I prefer it the way things are now. Even if our players should have expected Chelsea to try and wind them up and have done better to keep their cool.

This; i challenge anyone to name a PL winning team that didn't ever get into the kind of 'battle' that we had vs Chelski on Monday...

Exactly, remember the gooners when they used to win the league under Wenger? They used to be much more physical and dirty. Recent years, they have been more powderpuff and not won the league. Fergie's Utd were always tough, Mourinho's Chelsea the same. Even one-off winners like Leicester and Blackburn were tough, physical teams.

Don't like unnecessary animosity. Though Chelski in this instance were not victims, they fueled the fire. Think it's still to early to tell if this game was something positive or negative.

On a side note Roy Keane was very admired by many even though he got himself sent off for reckless tackles and disproportionate aggression at times.

It's a man's game. I grew up playing in boots that laced up above the ankle, leather laced up balls that got heavy when wet. You were allowed to put the opposition keeper in the net with the ball at corners. Manly I tell you.

Back