• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Aston Villa

Danishfurniturelover

the prettiest spice girl
Anyone else think they might become a threat.

They are building a really good squad and have some fantastic youth players as well.

Good positive owners who want to improve the squad and a very capable manager.

They are building a really good squad and have some fantastic youth players as well.

Maybe
Emery is a very good, under rated coach
But their way of playing is now known and will IMO be exploited
The high line is known and they have just signed a slow centre back who I think will start a lot for them
Turn them around and they can be done quite quickly
I really rate Ramsey and Luiz is finally showing his level
Kamara when played last season was brilliant
So their midfield is really strong and they contribute goals too
Watkins is key as they don’t have a back up forward
They have assembled a strong squad for sure

Problem is they are already on the edge of PSR/FPP (actually over)

This is the issue for the Everton's/Villas/Saudi Sportswashing Machine's/Leicester's/Forest

- Everyone knows you need money to compete
- Even if you have owners to put money in, it has to be sustained and has to sit in the rules
- And then you have to get lucky with manager/buys
- And then you have to hope your better players decide to stay
- And then you have to hope you build your revenue (something Leicester despite winning both PL & FA Cup couldn't do) to keep competing

I'm not discarding anything Villa has done but as @Lemonade Money said, we have seen this before.

If you want to be comparative, Villa is probably having a season like we did under BMJ or Harry.

Problem is they are already on the edge of PSR/FPP (actually over)

This is the issue for the Everton's/Villas/Saudi Sportswashing Machine's/Leicester's/Forest

- Everyone knows you need money to compete
- Even if you have owners to put money in, it has to be sustained and has to sit in the rules
- And then you have to get lucky with manager/buys
- And then you have to hope your better players decide to stay
- And then you have to hope you build your revenue (something Leicester despite winning both PL & FA Cup couldn't do) to keep competing

I'm not discarding anything Villa has done but as @Lemonade Money said, we have seen this before.

If you want to be comparative, Villa is probably having a season like we did under BMJ or Harry.

They might have to sell a player before june 30th to be ok. After that though it looks likely they'll have a season in the cl. So will have money to play with.

They might have to sell a player before june 30th to be ok. After that though it looks likely they'll have a season in the cl. So will have money to play with.

Yep, might be ok, but unlikely to be able to double down on more investment .. and we know, if you don't move forward each year, you go backward

Yep, might be ok, but unlikely to be able to double down on more investment .. and we know, if you don't move forward each year, you go backward

From july 1st they'll be able to invest. As they'll have cl money. Risky though. They don't get cl the season after the'll have to sell. Unless they bring in more sponsorships. Or sell some assets to themselves like chelsea (how that loophole wasn't closed is stupidity). They already sold their stadium to themselves in the championship didn't they?

From july 1st they'll be able to invest. As they'll have cl money. Risky though. They don't get cl the season after the'll have to sell. Unless they bring in more sponsorships. Or sell some assets to themselves like chelsea (how that loophole wasn't closed is stupidity). They already sold their stadium to themselves in the championship didn't they?

Yep, they will try to figure a route around it and CL money will help. But as said, Leicester did this, had CL and maybe it works for a few years, long term is a issue.

Here is the math (using 2023 numbers)
Spurs - €520M+/yr
West Ham - €300M+/yr
Leicester - €250M+/yr
Villa - €210M+/yr
Brighton - €198M+/yr

As a business you cannot compete at a €300M+/yr disadvantage (this is the core to what Levy figured out 20 years ago and then prioritized the income growth/stadium build) with other clubs for years on end, truth is Brighton is a bigger long term threat to them than they are to us (and I'm genuinely not being a dingdong)

Yep, they will try to figure a route around it and CL money will help. But as said, Leicester did this, had CL and maybe it works for a few years, long term is a issue.

Spurs - €520M+/yr
West Ham - €300M+/yr
Leicester - €250M+/yr
Villa - €210M+/yr
Brighton - €198M+/yr

As a business you cannot compete at a €300M+/yr disadvantage (this is the core to what Levy figured out 20 years ago and then prioritized the income growth/stadium build) with other clubs for years on end, truth is Brighton is a bigger long term threat to them than they are to us (and I'm genuinely not being a dingdong)
Brighton's advantage will start to slip as well as every club is using data now. Plus a lot of clubs will see how players struggle when joining from brighton. My mates who support them think they are selling Ferguson for big money.

I don't see it.

Brighton's advantage will start to slip as well as every club is using data now. Plus a lot of clubs will see how players struggle when joining from brighton. My mates who support them think they are selling Ferguson for big money.

I don't see it.

I don't either, but it highlights the point, if Brighton (who was the last big "threat" to established teams) can't make up €12M/year disadvantage, is Villa going to make up €300M/yr?

Spurs - €520M+/yr
West Ham - €300M+/yr
Leicester - €250M+/yr
Villa - €210M+/yr
Brighton - €198M+/yr

23 was a cl season? If so take away €100m from us. Then add maybe €50-60m (they'll get less matchday and sponsorship bonuses) to villa. Suddenly it's not as huge a gap.

I don't either, but it highlights the point, if Brighton (who was the last big "threat" to established teams) can't make up €12M/year disadvantage, is Villa going to make up €300M/yr?
Birmingham will be a bigger threat long term.

New stadium with NFL same as us and Saudi Sportswashing Machine.

Will be a European division of the NFL in the next 10 years.

23 was a cl season? If so take away €100m from us. Then add maybe €50-60m (they'll get less matchday and sponsorship bonuses) to villa. Suddenly it's not as huge a gap.

Our numbers this year are still above €500M (stadium at full use, commercials, etc.) with no CL

But even €200M/yr is a problem gap, because you have to look at it over a 3-5 year period, basically we can outspend teams by €1B (probably cost of City's current squad) over that time period without getting into debt and likely staying in PSR rules

Our numbers this year are still above €500M (stadium at full use, commercials, etc.) with no CL

But even €200M/yr is a problem gap, because you have to look at it over a 3-5 year period, basically we can outspend teams by €1B (probably cost of City's current squad) over that time period without getting into debt and likely staying in PSR rules

We only know up to june 30th 2023 which was a cl season. We haven't fiished this season yet so have no idea what our financials for this season will be. As they won't be out till next year.

Hard to say long term but short term if they win a trophy and finish in the top 4 it will be an excellent achievement and top anything we’ve done in a while.

We only know up to june 30th 2023 which was a cl season. We haven't fiished this season yet so have no idea what our financials for this season will be. As they won't be out till next year.
Next year will be useful as a yardstick between CL and a non CL year.

Tbh the club are only 1 month out from end of season and 2 months out from EOY so will know how we're bobbing along.

Back