• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Assou-Ekotto

I really rated Benny. Except for Ziege before his injury, he's the best LB we've had in decades.

But he's also the past - over 30 now and not really part of the young, steely, system players that AVB and Baldini have assembled. He's too languid and maverick now - too 'bad old Tottenham'.

We've got the £6-8m Defoe money in now, so let's just go and reinvest that in Ricardo Rodriguez. Wolfburg could probably do with some funds now too to offset paying out £16m for de Bruyne.

That's not really the point, but I think he's a better choice than Ekotto right now. As I've said before: If we're going to add another LB to squad he should be an upgrade on Rose.

I don’t actually want Benny back really now, I think he’s been acting like a little child, and if reports about what he did to AVB are true then he’s definitely not worth the trouble any more.

I was a big fan of his, and think he is far superior to Rose at left back, BUT he is of course prone to the silly error and his motivation needs to be questioned. There are times where he just gives up, loses concentration or plain cannot be bothered. I’ve seen this in his QPR games recently.

Anyway, I 100% agree with you about upgrading on Rose if we are getting a left back.

We should do everything we can to get Luke Shaw. Realise the competition is ridiculous but if we are going to get one player I would love it to be him right now.

I think bringing back Benni will stymie Rose's development, if we can get a guaranteed upgrade fair enough but i'm not sure we can realistically do that.

I don’t actually want Benny back really now, I think he’s been acting like a little child, and if reports about what he did to AVB are true then he’s definitely not worth the trouble any more.

I was a big fan of his, and think he is far superior to Rose at left back, BUT he is of course prone to the silly error and his motivation needs to be questioned. There are times where he just gives up, loses concentration or plain cannot be bothered. I’ve seen this in his QPR games recently.

Anyway, I 100% agree with you about upgrading on Rose if we are getting a left back.

We should do everything we can to get Luke Shaw. Realise the competition is ridiculous but if we are going to get one player I would love it to be him right now.

What did he allegedly do?

IMO Rose isn't good enough per se, he's got an arrogant whiff about him and that ridiculous (failed) stunt he pulled at the Emirates just made me cringe...

It's just hearsay, stuff over twitter etc, has no substance really. Don't want to write anything libellous. They just had a falling out it would seem.

So it's just me that thinks Ekotto is miles better than Rose? He's not a world beater but we know he's good enough to be in a top 4/6 side. Rose isn't anywhere near good enough at the moment and I'm not sure he ever will be.

Defensively he's suspect and he's not great going forward either, his crossing especially is poor.

So it's just me that thinks Ekotto is miles better than Rose? He's not a world beater but we know he's good enough to be in a top 4/6 side. Rose isn't anywhere near good enough at the moment and I'm not sure he ever will be.

Defensively he's suspect and he's not great going forward either, his crossing especially is poor.

I agree with you. Although, I did say I will have a better idea at the end of the season after seeing a sustained run in the side. I've yet to see anything that will convince me he will be a top left back.

Wiki tells me Rose has played 20 senior games for Spurs in the league. Not many more in all competitions.

If that's all a 23 year old gets before being deemed not good enough it's a sad state of affairs.

For me, the talent is there and it's just the head (maturity/experience) that he needs to get right.

Wiki tells me Rose has played 20 senior games for Spurs in the league. Not many more in all competitions.

If that's all a 23 year old gets before being deemed not good enough it's a sad state of affairs.

For me, the talent is there and it's just the head (maturity/experience) that he needs to get right.

That's a fair point.

We don't really know that Ekotto is a top 6 player any more. He wasn't last season and by all accounts hasn't gotten any better this season. He was out injured for a longer period and I would question if he has done enough to get back to where he was or if he even has the desire to.

I think bringing back Benni will stymie Rose's development, if we can get a guaranteed upgrade fair enough but i'm not sure we can realistically do that.

so easy to get a guaranteed upgrade on Rose, we already have one its Friedel. Rose is not a left back as much as Rose is not a goalkeeper. Seriously dont know how the hell he is our left back. He played well at Sunderland? Going forward yeh and that is for Sunderland who nearly got relegated.

pah, he should think himself lucky, naughton was written off after half that

I will stick my head out and say I don't think Rose is good enough, his crossing is a joke, considering he was a winger before being moved to left back I don't have high hopes he will improve on this. I also think he's a bit of a hot head, I dont think it takes much for him to lose control, I admit that will change as he gets older and more experience.

Not knocking the lads attitude or commitment just don't think he's good enough. I also think BAE isnt good as well, I do love BAE as a person tho!

Nope! I agree completely - I think Benny is better than Rose too.

I will stick my head out and say I don't think Rose is good enough, his crossing is a joke, considering he was a winger before being moved to left back I don't have high hopes he will improve on this. I also think he's a bit of a hot head, I dont think it takes much for him to lose control, I admit that will change as he gets older and more experience.

Not knocking the lads attitude or commitment just don't think he's good enough. I also think BAE isnt good as well, I do love BAE as a person tho!

To be fair look at people like Aaron Ramsey. People were writing him off before the last couple of seasons. Who would have expected this run of form

I remember Schweinsteiger when he first burst on to the scene. I thought he was horribly overrated when he played further forward. Then he became a proper CM and became world class! Players do need time. Good coaching too. And always stay hungry for success and to learn

To be fair look at people like Aaron Ramsey. People were writing him off before the last couple of seasons. Who would have expected this run of form

I remember Schweinsteiger when he first burst on to the scene. I thought he was horribly overrated when he played further forward. Then he became a proper CM and became world class! Players do need time. Good coaching too. And always stay hungry for success and to learn

Louis Van Gaal did that. It does require the player to do what he's told. Holtby is a bit like Keane, Van der Vaart and Rooney in that he always goes looking for the ball instead of maintaining his position. He needs to be more disciplined and play a part for the team.

Nope! I agree completely - I think Benny is better than Rose too.
Problem with Benny's last season here was his attitude. As with Ade, chances are that was predominantly down to crass man-management by AVB. Considering his ****-poor handling of players at his previous club, how he ever even came to be considered for Spurs was baffling at the time and remains one of football's greatest unsolved mysteries to this day.

Problem with Benny's last season here was his attitude. As with Ade, chances are that was predominantly down to crass man-management by AVB. Considering his ****-poor handling of players at his previous club, how he ever even came to be considered for Spurs was baffling at the time and remains one of football's greatest unsolved mysteries to this day.

maybe, for me the problem last year was his legs had gone and he took to many risks

Back