• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Artificial Intelligence Thread

metalgear

Nayim
I've been playing around with some free AI apps over the last year and have been amazed by the experience.
There's been a lot of news about it - how AI art has won competitions and how AI chat tools have gotten schools worried for their ability to write coherent essays complete with references.

granted they might still be in the early stages where there are AI signatures e.g. most art are like CGI and most essays are trained off available content on the web and may pick up published inaccurivies and mistakes but they are still impressive at first glance.

recently a few friends got together to help a friend who is in the restaurant business. here's what someone came up with in a matter of minutes on his phone, with free AI apps:

Logos for the new restaurant:

upload_2023-1-17_8-23-50.png

Intro for the restaurant

Welcome to Pxxxx, a modern Mexican cantina located in the bustling CityLink Mall. At Platypus, we pride ourselves on offering a unique and authentic dining experience, featuring a diverse menu of traditional Mexican dishes with a modern twist. Our chefs use only the freshest ingredients to create bold and flavorful dishes that are sure to satisfy your cravings.

In addition to our delicious food, we also offer a wide selection of refreshing roostertails and margaritas made with high-quality tequilas and other spirits. Our friendly and knowledgeable staff are always happy to help you choose the perfect drink to complement your meal.

So come join us at Platypus and experience the vibrant flavors of Mexico. We can't wait to serve you!

For the menu :

Prompt (suggestion to AI): 5 days below 2000 calories per day

Day 1:

Grilled chicken fajitas with peppers and onions (400 calories)
Cilantro lime brown rice (200 calories)
Black bean and corn salad (150 calories)
Margarita on the rocks (200 calories)
Total: 850 calories

Day 2:

Shrimp and avocado salad with citrus dressing (350 calories)
Grilled fish tacos with slaw and pico de gallo (400 calories)
Roasted sweet potatoes (100 calories)
Horchata (150 calories)
Total: 900 calories

Day 3:

Grilled chicken and veggie skewers (400 calories)
Cauliflower and black bean tacos (300 calories)
Roasted asparagus (50 calories)
Strawberry margarita (200 calories)
Total: 950 calories

Day 4:

Grilled salmon with mango salsa (350 calories)
Quinoa and black bean salad (200 calories)
Grilled zucchini and peppers (50 calories)
Paloma roostertail (200 calories)
Total: 800 calories

Day 5:

Carne asada with grilled onions and peppers (400 calories)
Cabbage and radish slaw (100 calories)
Roasted Brussels sprouts (50 calories)
Margarita (200 calories)
Total: 750 calories

If you're interested its Midjourney AI (image) and ChatGPT (text) and its free - though with the sudden surge in interest globally there is a waiting list to be invited.

Oh we also asked ChatGPT to create a rap for the guy that owns the restaurant:

Verse 1:
Roy, he's a friend of mine
Handsome, cool, and oh so fine
He's got style, he's got grace
A smile that lights up any place

Chorus:
Roy, oh Roy
He's the man, the one and only
Roy, oh Roy
He's got it all, he's the real McCoy

Verse 2:
He owns a restaurant, it's the talk of the town
People line up to taste his food, it's renowned
He's got the touch, he's got the magic
His dishes are always fresh and fantastic

Chorus:
Roy, oh Roy
Roy, oh Roy

Bridge:
So raise a glass, let's give a cheer
To our good friend Roy, who's always near
He's a true gem, a treasure to know
We're lucky to have him, let's let it show

Chorus:
Roy, oh Roy
Roy, oh Roy

Like it or not, for graphics, copy and songs - there's going to be a lot of disruption.

I think the principle is quite simple isn't it - use the internet as a big data set, then mimic things.

Personally I'm a bit on the Jurassic Park principle side of things - just because we can, doesn't mean we should.

And why allow robots to do art, when neo-liberalism means most people aren't afforded opportunity to explore their own creativity? I.e. bring stuff like this in with UBI, rather than have it as scabbing/to devalue labour even further.

was reading/listening about Chat GPT. just insane. imagine where AI will be 5-10 years from now.

giphy.gif

Great thread.

AI works best in conjunction with humans. Thankfully really, AI by itself is not infallible yet. But there are some areas where it can replicate/improve on human ability. Which is exciting/scary.

Microsoft just bought ChatGPT for $10bn right? We use Microsoft for some bits at work and we have chatbots etc, so think we'll be building some new AI with that, should be really interesting.

Microsoft just bought ChatGPT for $10bn right? We use Microsoft for some bits at work and we have chatbots etc, so think we'll be building some new AI with that, should be really interesting.

They are meant to be bringing it into Bing to start with, then they have some plans around MS Translator - but their nda stuff that they present to the WCCP is quite amazing to see what they are wanting/planning to bring out.

ChatGPT is scary good with SQL and Python, which is kinda good but also kinda bad - any wannabe hacker can get pretty decent code as a starting block to build out something in greater detail.
Saw a YT video the other day, chap created a website design totally from just various AI tools - end result was very impressive.

Yeah been absolutely stunned by it. In fact I cannot get my head around the impacts this will have.

Biggest step forward in my lifetime. Not really sure why I feel unready for it - blue collar jobs have had their AI/automation disruption - now the white collared will take their turn.

Accountancy, banking and legal, teaching, so many professional services - will be completely turned on their heads by this.

Translation services will be amazing and probably where we feel the change first.

Being a person will be a liability.

Yeah been absolutely stunned by it. In fact I cannot get my head around the impacts this will have.

Biggest step forward in my lifetime. Not really sure why I feel unready for it - blue collar jobs have had their AI/automation disruption - now the white collared will take their turn.

Accountancy, banking and legal, teaching, so many professional services - will be completely turned on their heads by this.

I'm not so sure it will be so seismic, at least in the short term. And I say that as someone who has an interest in some AI software. I don't believe we will see AI replace lawyers, teachers, bankers etc. It will most likely complement them, and provide them with time-saving tools. But as with driverless cars, we'll need human brains to do the last 10%. The crucial complex bits.

I'm not so sure it will be so seismic, at least in the short term. And I say that as someone who has an interest in some AI software. I don't believe we will see AI replace lawyers, teachers, bankers etc. It will most likely complement them, and provide them with time-saving tools. But as with driverless cars, we'll need human brains to do the last 10%. The crucial complex bits.

It will replace a lot of services they provide, the bread and butter stuff. Because these people are expensive and much of what they do is rule based - which can be replicated artificially.

Remember - you only need one instance of success and that code is captured and can be replicated for all.

Well I was writing an essay (science, sources with only a few citations) over Xmas.

And the AI software we were playing with in the holidays drafted an answer to a question that displayed more knowledge in five seconds than I had managed to elicit in several weeks.

And it was coherent.

Scary.

Just did this on the chatgpt tool…

My question…
Is Platypus a good name for a Mexican restaurant?

Chatgpt answer…(in seconds)
It depends on the context and the overall theme of the restaurant. If the restaurant is trying to create a playful and unique atmosphere, then a name like Platypus could be fitting. However, if the restaurant is trying to create a more traditional and authentic atmosphere, then a name like Platypus may not be the best fit. Ultimately, the success of the restaurant's name will depend on how well it resonates with customers and helps to convey the restaurant's overall concept and brand.

- games gone!

Is custard sexy?

Custard is a type of dessert made from eggs, milk, sugar, and other ingredients, typically served cold. It is not typically considered "sexy" as it is a food item and not a clothing or fashion item. However, preferences and opinions on what is considered sexy can vary greatly from person to person, so it is ultimately a matter of personal taste.

It may change everything in time, but time is the one thing we are running out of. I have been trying to nudge my kids into jobs/careers that will not disappear in the future because of this stuff or the worsening climate. flimflam jobs I call them and pursuing them as a career is pointless really.

=
Great thread.

AI works best in conjunction with humans. Thankfully really, AI by itself is not infallible yet. But there are some areas where it can replicate/improve on human ability. Which is exciting/scary.

Its at a point where AI is proving that it can be better than humans - i'd qualify that from an economic standpoint e.g. faster and lower costs. but consistency is an issue and also the EQ side of things... which frequently lead to highly charged ethical issues. i mean the machine learns from the internet, the stuff exists, just that its applied without context/filter to an audience who cares.

Back