• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Arsenal - match ratings

milo

Jack L. Jones
Summary of responses

<iframe src="https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1NdMGfga4WHbfG42pmmBRlSnjlm_tyRzNdEEW9UFgvPc/viewform?embedded=true" width="760" height="3000" frameborder="0" marginheight="0" marginwidth="0">Loading...</iframe>

Lloris - 8 didn't put a foot wrong and kept is in the game maybe should be a 10?
Kaboul - 8 Led(leyed) the line and the best defender until the impressive Dier came on
Naughton - 6 outplayed all day. Lucky to get away with that.
Lamela - 8. I'll not hold him responsible for the goal as there were plenty making mistakes when clearing their lines. Arsenal didn't deserve to lose but it was a lucky goal.
Chadli - 9. Actually a 7 but +1 for the goal and +1 for the celebration.

Lloris - 7 - One great save and solid throughout.
Naughton -7 - Should start next game, been impressive of late.
Rose - 6 - Decent.
Kaboul - 8 MOM -Good to see him back to somewhat his best form.
Vertonghen - 7 - Solid.
Mason - 6 - Good work ethic but he doesn't fill me with confidence when in possession, few loose passes today. That said, his positive and enthusiastic play is something we have severely lacked of late.
Capoue - 7 - Been a while since we had a composed DM. Looked good.
Lamela - 7 - Pressured well throughout, nice assist.
Eriksen - 6 - All the talent but needs to up his work-rate.
Chadli - 7 - Some nice driving runs. Nice finish.
Adebayor - 4 - Invisible. Why do we persist?

I love how some people are so pathetic to rate a player by their dislike for them rather than the actual performance. some very immature fans on here.

Lloris - 8 - World class save and composed as ever

Naughton - 7 - Probably the best I've seen from him.
Kaboul - 8 - Not a fan of his but he was outstanding today and loved it when he gave Wheelchair what for.
Vertonghen - 7 - Very Good. Can't say I really blame him about not wanting to sign a contract when he sees defenders like Chiriches in the team ahead of him.
Rose - 7 - Again, not a big fan, but more of the same and I will start to warm to him.

Mason - 7 - Thrown in at the deep end. Wasn't sure whether to go for a 6 or 7 but given this was his first PL start, in a NLD! I'll go for a 7. Well done for that shiner you left on Ozil!
Capoue - 8 - Superb!
Eriksen - 6 - Need to see more from him, although good pressing for the goal.
Lamela - 7 - Good assist, needs to work on his end product
Chadli - 8 - Composed finish, thought he was useless last season but 4 goals already and it's still September!

Adebayor - 5 - Just feck off.

Lennon - 5 - Anonymous as usual. Seriously, didn't hear him mentioned except when he got booked.
Bentaleb 6 -
Dier - 6 -

Poch - 8 - Bold decision to start Mason. The odd dodgy selection can be overlooked for now as we have had so many batterings at that place that I just come to expect it whenever we go there these days. Needs to work on our attacking play but it's only September. Just hope he gets the time.... Levy....over to you.

Lloris - 8

Naughton - 7
Vertonghen - 7
Kaboul - 8
Rose - 8

Capoue - 8
Mason - 6.5

Eriksen - 6
Lamela - 6.5
Chadli - 7

Ade - 6

Give the whole team an 8 out of 10 -- we clearly had a plan to defend, allow them to have the ball and break when we could. The players worked hard and stuck to the task, we limited Arsenal to very few clear-cut chances and we had some decent ones ourselves. We got the point we came for, I hope we can build on it.

Lloris - 8 - World class save and composed as ever

Naughton - 7 - Probably the best I've seen from him.
Kaboul - 8 - Not a fan of his but he was outstanding today and loved it when he gave Wheelchair what for.
Vertonghen - 7 - Very Good. Can't say I really blame him about not wanting to sign a contract when he sees defenders like Chiriches in the team ahead of him.
Rose - 7 - Again, not a big fan, but more of the same and I will start to warm to him.

Mason - 7 - Thrown in at the deep end. Wasn't sure whether to go for a 6 or 7 but given this was his first PL start, in a NLD! I'll go for a 7. Well done for that shiner you left on Ozil!
Capoue - 8 - Superb!
Eriksen - 6 - Need to see more from him, although good pressing for the goal.
Lamela - 7 - Good assist, needs to work on his end product
Chadli - 8 - Composed finish, thought he was useless last season but 4 goals already and it's still September!

Adebayor - 5 - Just feck off.

Lennon - 5 - Anonymous as usual. Seriously, didn't hear him mentioned except when he got booked.
Bentaleb 6 -
Dier - 6 -

Poch - 8 - Bold decision to start Mason. The odd dodgy selection can be overlooked for now as we have had so many batterings at that place that I just come to expect it whenever we go there these days. Needs to work on our attacking play but it's only September. Just hope he gets the time.... Levy....over to you.

Lennon 5? granted didn't offer a huge amount going forward, but at the time it was full defence mode and he cut out turns of stuff left and right side. As for Lamela 7, all I saw of him except the assist was run into 4 players rather then passing - and was a terrible pass in the 1st half when we were breaking away. Don't want to be critical of anyone as it took a team effort to keep them at bay but meh at some of the ratings lol

Lennon 5? granted didn't offer a huge amount going forward, but at the time it was full defence mode and he cut out turns of stuff left and right side. As for Lamela 7, all I saw of him except the assist was run into 4 players rather then passing - and was a terrible pass in the 1st half when we were breaking away. Don't want to be critical of anyone as it took a team effort to keep them at bay but meh at some of the ratings lol

By a not a huge amount do you mean nothing? I don't think I even saw him in their final third once. Also picked up a silly booking after losing the ball. His defensive work is the only positive thing we can say about him these days, I barely see anyone mention his attacking play in the ratings anymore.

Lamela would have got a 6 but the assist improved it to a 7.

^ Naughton was not outplayed in the first half by any stretch

Sorry - I meant the first and main section of the second half, around 35 mins I guess, until he went to LB. Didn't seem to actually win the ball much. Dier did a far better job when he came on.

I don't rate Naughton but I was relieved to see him start over Dier as I thought we needed a proper full back. The reason Dier did well was because he was effectively playing a CB for his cameo.

Sorry - I meant the first and main section of the second half, around 35 mins I guess, until he went to LB. Didn't seem to actually win the ball much. Dier did a far better job when he came on.

I don't rate Naughton but I was relieved to see him start over Dier as I thought we needed a proper full back. The reason Dier did well was because he was effectively playing a CB for his cameo.
I thought that Naughton had an excellent game

Lloris 8 Made one worldy to prevent Ade from scoring...at the wrong end.
Naughton 7 Solid.
Kaboul 8 Best game since he returned from Portsmouth.
Vertonghen 7 Looked like he cared.
Rose 7 Our best player in the first half.
Mason 6 Meh, okay.
Capoue 7 Broke up the play well, made some good interceptions.
Eriksen 5 Sorry still not at the races, one good tackle that led to the goal.
Chadli 7 Well taken goal, takes up good positions, but they are not always getting recognised by team mates.
Lamela 6 Still not releasing ball early enough, the pass to Chadli excepted. No right foot, led to **** goal.
Adebayor 4 What does he offer?

Back