• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Are we over rating our players

Bedfordspurs

Martin Peters
Does anyone think that maybe were over rating our players and its blurring our judgement and expectations? Maybe that's another thread but I look Does anyone think that maybe were over rating our players and its blurring our judgement and expectations?

Maybe that's another thread but I look at our squad and you see quality though it but were not clicking so maybe its a case off too many similar players in an infective system... It maybe there just not as good as we think

My favourite crap player is Chadli - he offers nothing IMO and is significantly worse than any equivalent wingers we had on our books but when a signed him I thought wow look at his record, he will be top drawer!!! So far he has looked blunt and poor technically

We have some quality there is no doubt that certain players justify their reputations but is love to read others views on the squad and players

I think Paulinho and Soldado have both looked incredibly poor value for their fees. Lamela too in terms of his contribution, but obviously he is young and may justify the pricetag eventually.

Dembele, unless he can iron out his faults and gain some consistency, also looks like poor value.

Overall I think our First XI, on form, is worse than Arsenal, City, Chelsea and Liverpool. But it's not as bad as our performances this year would suggest - AVB has to take a lot of the blame for that.

I can only judge Soldado really and I think he is a very good player and an exceptional finisher - and no im not overrating him but you cant expect him to score when we play so ****ing godawful **** mundane boring terrible absurd horrible disgusting football.

No, I don't think so

- The issue is getting the players to play as a team with a system that benefits their abilities.
- People like to go after Dawson as an example, yet many lesser teams with far worse defenders than Dawson have built effective defensive units in the PL against the best sides.
- Same re strikers, how many PL clubs would not go for Soldado (bet he would score a hatful for the Scum as example), JD and Ade as options up front?
- Sandro could play for any PL team, as could Llrois and Verts
- Lennon, Holtby, Eriksen would also have no issues getting a team willing to take a punt.

The team needs to have a formation and tactics, along with motivation and perhaps a little more freedom to play their game.

Soldado - Looked poor at times but miles better than Defoe and anyone who watches Spanish football will tell you he is a good finisher.

Paulinho - Easily the most disappointing signing, should have scored 10 goals the amount of chances he's had.

Lamela - We just need to ****ing play him.

I think Paulinho and Soldado have both looked incredibly poor value for their fees. Lamela too in terms of his contribution, but obviously he is young and may justify the pricetag eventually.

Dembele, unless he can iron out his faults and gain some consistency, also looks like poor value.

Overall I think our First XI, on form, is worse than Arsenal, City, Chelsea and Liverpool. But it's not as bad as our performances this year would suggest - AVB has to take a lot of the blame for that.

Can you honestly name our first 11 because I don't think I could. I could get most teams first 11 right give or take one player but with us I could easily be 3 or 4 players out

Soldado I have seen play many times in Spain and he was great bug so far looks lost. I can't work out for the life of me where paulinho is meant to be playing to even try to judge him

Maybe we over-rate them, but I still think AVB is not getting the best from them as a group. We certainly shouldn't be looking so fragile each time we face a team that has a go at us.

I can only judge Soldado really and I think he is a very good player and an exceptional finisher - and no im not overrating him but you cant expect him to score when we play so ****ing godawful **** mundane boring terrible absurd horrible disgusting football.

I'm getting a bit bored of this argument - yes we haven't created much for him, but his finishing has also been very poor when he has had chances.

The issue is getting the players to play as a team with a system that benefits their abilities.

Whereas we feel that AVB is imposing an alien system on them. The annoying thing is that we see the team as under-performing, as being less than the sum of its parts. We may be wrong of course, we may just have a lot of foreign players who will take all season to adjust to this league. Grr it is frustrating that Paulinho has looked completely off the pace in several games...on MOTD it was noticeable how much space Henderson was in, all the time, with none of our players near him.

We sold Huddlestone who had a much better game against Liverpool the other day than either Dembele or Paulinho. I'd rather have him than either of those two for all their additional mobility....

I'm getting a bit bored of this argument - yes we haven't created much for him, but his finishing has also been very poor when he has had chances.

Yes I agree, there have been chances he should have scored, mainly the Man Utd one and even against Cardiff but its not like he is scoring 1 in 5. He has had about five chances all season

Yes I agree, there have been chances he should have scored, mainly the Man Utd one and even against Cardiff but its not like he is scoring 1 in 5. He has had about five chances all season

He has out scored all of Chelsea's forwards put together

He is a classy finisher IMO but he may not come good in this league and he may never get the right support from the team.... There are plenty of players that have looked better in others leagues/sides that failed here ( Diego Forlan springs to mind)

He has out scored all of Chelsea's forwards put together

He is a classy finisher IMO but he may not come good in this league and he may never get the right support from the team.... There are plenty of players that have looked better in others leagues/sides that failed here ( Diego Forlan springs to mind)

A finisher is a finisher be it from spain, france, portugal, italy, germany or wherever. He has the qualities i..e the movement, the brain and the technique. He is a pure finisher, he wont take on players, wont run at defences but we dont need that really.

Soldado - play to his strengths and he'll score
Capoue - Early days and hasn't played enough to convince me either way
Lamela - Needs a run in the team, he has ability that much is obvious
Paulinho - Looks world class when playing for Brazil, utter dogturd for us. I honestly believe he doesn't want to be here.
Chadli - Waste of time. Seems to be in the team as a target for Lloris/Dawson to hoof to
Vlad - Seriously impressed. Pick of the buys.
Eriksen - Hasn't impressed yet.

From what I saw of Soldado at Valencia, they played at a quick tempo and got crosses into the box from players who got to the by-line. We have players who can do this (Townsend and Lennon, possibly Lamela) and yet we don't seem interested in trying it.

By all accounts, Lamela had his success at Roma playing as a wide-forward on the right. We've given him 1 start in the league, away to Emirates Marketing Project...playing on the left.

Eriksen made his name at Ajax playing in midfield in a 433. We've used him as a number 10 type player.

Paulinho....I just don't know what to make of him. Bentley mark II perhaps.

Vlad has done pretty well -- probably the only player who has been used in the correct way.

So why doesn't AVB just set up the team to supply Soldado with the type of service he had at Valencia, Lamela to play as he did for Roma and Eriksen as he did for Ajax? Instead, he has his one, rigid approach and no improvements are coming from it.

From what I saw of Soldado at Valencia, they played at a quick tempo and got crosses into the box from players who got to the by-line. We have players who can do this (Townsend and Lennon, possibly Lamela) and yet we don't seem interested in trying it.

By all accounts, Lamela had his success at Roma playing as a wide-forward on the right. We've given him 1 start in the league, away to Emirates Marketing Project...playing on the left.

Eriksen made his name at Ajax playing in midfield in a 433. We've used him as a number 10 type player.

Paulinho....I just don't know what to make of him. Bentley mark II perhaps.

Vlad has done pretty well -- probably the only player who has been used in the correct way.

So why doesn't AVB just set up the team to supply Soldado with the type of service he had at Valencia, Lamela to play as he did for Roma and Eriksen as he did for Ajax? Instead, he has his one, rigid approach and no improvements are coming from it.

Eriksen played as a number 10 type player at Ajax but coming in from the left. Likewise lamella played a similar role coming in from the right a roma. That could work if we had two fit attacking full backs which we having had since early September

I live Vlad by the way .. He sing the most handsome man but there's something about him :))) I'd live to see us start him and verts and just let them play the ball around until the forwards get sent off for hacking out at them

Paulinho is knackered IMO and needs a few weeks off not just the odd game

I guess one of my issues when starting this post was who is better than what we had?

A finisher is a finisher be it from spain, france, portugal, italy, germany or wherever. He has the qualities i..e the movement, the brain and the technique. He is a pure finisher, he wont take on players, wont run at defences but we dont need that really.

We probably need a Lukaku more than a Soldado tbh. I think we like when we had Bent, we need more than a finisher.

Back